Fargo- the TV series

Baitac

I'm very excited about this new series. I loved Fargo, 1996's movie written and directed by the Coen brothers. The F/X channel will premiere Fargo on April 15th. Here are some of its stars:

Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Colin Hanks, Bob Odendirk (Saul!!!), Kate Walsh, and newcomer Allison Tolman as officer Molly Solverson.

Here's a link to the trailer to whet your appetite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFU0r0xG_c&noredirect=1

It looks like they have captured the feel and quirkiness of the movie. As Salome Sand Witch stated: it is being produced by Joel and Ethan Coen, so you will definitely see the excellence of "Coen work".

You may ask how SSW knows this??????? It's because our very own board and BWB member IS IN IT!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact, you can see her in the trailer!! She plays an accountant, and she and two co-workers are being asked about someone by the sheriff, played by Ms. Thomas. SSW is in the middle of the group and is the first to respond on camera: "I heard drugs." She is an awesome actress and person. We have a bona fide celebrity in our midst. This trailer, with her in it, has been extensively shown and linked nationwide.

Congratulation, Salome Sand Witch!!

FARGO NOMINATED FOR 18 AWRDS, SECOND ONLY TO GAME OF THRONES

Acting awards include Billy Bob Thornton for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie, Colin Hanks for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie, Martin Freeman for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie, and Allison Tolman for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie.

Since it's been categorized as a Miniseries, I think this show is going to receive a lot of these awards. The cinematography and original score were particularly excellent, in my opinion.

You may ask how SSW knows this??????? It's because our very own board and BWB member IS IN IT!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact, you can see her in the trailer!! She plays an accountant, and she and two co-workers are being asked about someone by the sheriff, played by Ms. Thomas. SSW is in the middle of the group and is the first to respond on camera: "I heard drugs." She is an awesome actress and person. We have a bona fide celebrity in our midst. This trailer, with her in it, has been extensively shown and linked nationwide.

Congratulation, Salome Sand Witch!!

Whoa hey what?? That's awesome! :D

Congratulations SSW! I am so happy for you! :wub: I have re-watched that trailer probably 50 times now.

This show looks very promising and I'm not just saying that cuz you're in it.

I've been in SSW's house, who wants to touch me???

I do, I do!! You are famous too!!! :)

:love:

I can't wait to watch it, but I know my enjoyment will be diminished because I'll be watching for my friend to appear every minute and will be pissed when she doesn't. :P

Congrats, SSW! You deserve all that is good and awesome. <3

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this. Fargo starts today, Tuesday, April 15th, on FX. It is Number One on this week's Entertainment Weekly's "The Must List:"

"Fargo: The Coen Bros. gave their blessing to this ambitious TV series, which revisits the world of their 1996 film. The stories and characters are new, but the bloody crimes and Minnesota nice make this a familiar-feeling must-watch, dontcha know. (FX, Tuesdays, 10p.m.)"

Archived