Fargo- the TV series

Baitac

Well, that was a pretty good premiere. I loved the part where Lorne Malvo just messed with people's lives for no reason. And by that, I mean I loved the whole episode. Especially when he called Sam Hess' son. Speaking of, I'm not the only one who thinks Malvo is this show's version of Anton Chigurh, right?

What is it about North Dakota and bodies everywhere? :o

North Dakota? What the heck do ya mean?!

It's Minnesota. Get yer facts straight, for Pete's sake.

This was a great premiere. I'm hooked already.

Quick question: I have never seen the original Fargo (I know shame on me), do I watch it ASAP and then continue with the series or do I wait untill the first season is over to watch the movie?

Right now I feel like watching the movie straight away, but if the good people on this board have good reasons to waith then let them speak!

Speaking of, I'm not the only one who thinks Malvo is this show's version of Anton Chigurh, right?

Honestly I already find him more interesting than Chigurh. He was cracking me up with his sadistic meddling. Billy Bob Thornton killed it in this role. The rest of the cast was pretty good as well.

I was apprehensive about this show as it has big shoes to fill, but I have to say I'm impressed so far.

@Veltigar, you should definitely watch Fargo immediately. It's absolutely brilliant. Easley in my top ten favorite movies.

Joke, joke joke, joke! You know, Fargo, North Dakota? I thought the emo :o would clue you in...

I was just looking for a way to work in a Fargo movie reference. :mellow:

This was a great premiere. I'm hooked already.

Quick question: I have never seen the original Fargo (I know shame on me), do I watch it ASAP and then continue with the series or do I wait untill the first season is over to watch the movie?

Right now I feel like watching the movie straight away, but if the good people on this board have good reasons to waith then let them speak!

Watch it because it's one of the best movies ever made. But the story of the show has literally nothing to do with that of the movie.

What's with the pronunciation of Lester's surname? Nobody got it even close to correct. (Obviously, Sam mispronounced it on purpose, but what was the excuse of the rest of them?)

They pronounced it exactly the way I'd expect "Nygaard" to be pronounced in Minnesota. Not unusual at all for Americans to pronunce names very different than someone in the country of origin.

Archived