Fargo- the TV series

Baitac

You know, I was watching that scene, and thinking about the California shootings the whole time.

Yes, I know the difference between reality and fiction. I think Fargo is turning on me the wrong way.

ETA: ie leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

The same thing happened to me. I still really like this show and I appreciated the scene for the cleverness of how it was shot, but my enjoyment was muted when I couldn't stop thinking of CA and how this scene had a video game feel.

Thought it was great casting with Key and Peele as the FBI agents too.

The same thing happened to me. I still really like this show and I appreciated the scene for the cleverness of how it was shot, but my enjoyment was muted when I couldn't stop thinking of CA and how this scene had a video game feel.

Thought it was great casting with Key and Peele as the FBI agents too.

Before they got out of the car I thought it was them but wasn't sure. I was thrilled when I saw them though.

Fish raining scene was overly silly and the explanation was lame. Should've had the car run into a moose. That would have given it a bit more plausibility.

Still enjoying Malvo's lines, especially when he told the guy in Arizona that he was focusing on the wrong part of the sentence. Can't wait to see Lester get what is coming to him.

Grimly is miserable in his job, especially now. He talks about staying a cop because he needs to keep his job to support his daughter. I wonder if he is going to be next to find the red scraper and then decide to quit the force and become a postal worker.

Either that or he ends up dead.

Grimly has lasted this long because Malvo has this perverse interest in not hurting him. He went out of his way twice to warn him away, like he has some code to only mess with those of questionable morality. I guess the satan allegory fits well, huh?

Dude needs to start delivering mail pronto and get out of the sordid underbelly of Minnesota.

I'm still not sure why everyone is so hung up on the rain of fish thing. That's not something they just made up for this show, it didn't have anything to do with the fake biblical plagues, it's just one of those really odd things that really does happen. Truth is stranger than fiction, once again. Hitting a moose certainly would have worked, too, but it wouldn't have been as quirky.

I'm really glad that Molly not only survived, but is jumping right back in. She had a lot of empathy for Gus and even for "the Deaf Fella." Poor Chaz and his family, though. Lester had Bill buying every word that came out of his mouth, too. It's going to be particularly enjoyable seeing Lester get his comeuppance. He better get his comeuppance...

I'm still not sure why everyone is so hung up on the rain of fish thing. That's not something they just made up for this show, it didn't have anything to do with the fake biblical plagues, it's just one of those really odd things that really does happen. Truth is stranger than fiction, once again. Hitting a moose certainly would have worked, too, but it wouldn't have been as quirky.

I'm really glad that Molly not only survived, but is jumping right back in. She had a lot of empathy for Gus and even for "the Deaf Fella." Poor Chaz and his family, though. Lester had Bill buying every word that came out of his mouth, too. It's going to be particularly enjoyable seeing Lester get his comeuppance. He better get his comeuppance...

I think the reason people found it very bizarre is because the season in Fargo is winter, first of all, so there are no tornadoes or water spouts at that time of year to lift the fish. Besides, the lakes would be frozen. And secondly the fish in your examples were relatively small. The fish in Fargo were huge. So while it's a rarely occurring phenomena that does happen, the use of the phenomena in Fargo was a triffle absurd. Moose, on the other hand, wander out onto the road in winter.

Probably my favorite scene so far.

I thought the same. That scene was perfectly blocked and shot.

Now I understand why there's a fish carcass in the snow at the beginning.

I love Malvo's way of talking. He is directed perfectly. "What's the elevator code."

Another episode that was really just not very good. This story is really being dragged out to fill ten episodes. There is a lot to like about this show, but I really wish that we could have a television format that was tailored to storytelling rather than some kind of abstract obligation to fill blocks of time.

One thing I don't get about the whole Lester framing his brother:

Wouldn't his brother and his wife have an alibi? Wouldn't they both be able to remember being at home or wherever on the night the Chief was murdered? Eh, I guess I've just become overly critical to a fault.

Wouldn't his brother and his wife have an alibi? Wouldn't they both be able to remember being at home or wherever on the night the Chief was murdered? Eh, I guess I've just become overly critical to a fault.

Don't over-think it, he was probably playing with his guns or something. If he was actually with his wife at the time, you'd assume she'd tell about it, even with him cheating on her.

Love love LOVE the respect Malvo showed to the deaf hit man!

I don't think "I was watching TV with my wife that night" trumps "murder weapon."

Although I have a hunch we will find out the brother's fate soon. Even with the 1 year time cut, his murder trial might still be pending. And the house of cards begins to crumble...

I think there was a scene very early in the series in which a discussion happened, dinner with the brother and wife before Lester was a murderer, in which something was said about said brother working late a lot. I may be mistaken but I think it was one of the ways the brother was "better" than Lester.

Liked the flash forward. Especially loved Lester randomly seeing Malvo in a hotel bar.

Love love LOVE the respect Malvo showed to the deaf hit man!

Lol, was it respect, or just another set-up? He tossed him the key to his cuffs as he left, and of course, he had killed the police guard in the bathroom. Presumably he also found some way to pin the murder on the deaf guy. I trust we'll find out for sure next week.

And I have a question about the guy from Africa - what is his purpose? Does anyone remember seeing him lurking in the background of a scene somewhere along the way? Maybe he's a star witness to something?

Archived