Fargo- the TV series

Baitac

Lol, was it respect, or just another set-up? He tossed him the key to his cuffs as he left, and of course, he had killed the police guard in the bathroom. Presumably he also found some way to pin the murder on the deaf guy. I trust we'll find out for sure next week.

It seemed to me almost like a combination challenge and... job offer? "You came close. Your partner is dead. Here's the key. If you can get out of this mess, come see me."

Given Mr. Wrench's track record, however, the more likely scenario is that he's apprehended and charged with the guard's murder. Maybe he'll meet Lester's brother in prison?

And I have a question about the guy from Africa - what is his purpose? Does anyone remember seeing him lurking in the background of a scene somewhere along the way? Maybe he's a star witness to something?

I'm sure I'm not the only watching and thinking "this has to be some kind of scam, right??" Looked up the actor on imdb (he is best known as Bilal, the youngest *spoiler* in "Captain Phillips") and he isn't credited in any other past Fargo episodes. Now he can put on his resume that he has worked alongside two generations of the Hanks family!

Speaking of imdb... it credits Stephen Root for this episode as "Bar Patron"... I totally missed him! Rewatched and sure enough, there he is in the final scene, sitting with Malvo.

Was this the season end tonight?

I had the same feeling and asked myself the same thing, then I saw there's two more.

I liked the jump. It was unexpected. The previews reminded me of Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors. "I'll be a Dentist." :)

I think there was a scene very early in the series in which a discussion happened, dinner with the brother and wife before Lester was a murderer, in which something was said about said brother working late a lot. I may be mistaken but I think it was one of the ways the brother was "better" than Lester.

Liked the flash forward. Especially loved Lester randomly seeing Malvo in a hotel bar.

Ok fair enough, I just found myself somewhat struggling to believe that framing someone would be that easy without the police finding more holes in the setup than a block of swiss cheese. But then this show is not striving to be realistic so I guess the fault is with me for coming at it the wrong way. I've read too many police procedural novels so I guess it's kind of driven into me a habit of picking apart things like this.

Still enjoying the show however after the latest ep.

Ok fair enough, I just found myself somewhat struggling to believe that framing someone would be that easy without the police finding more holes in the setup than a block of swiss cheese. But then this show is not striving to be realistic so I guess the fault is with me for coming at it the wrong way. I've read too many police procedural novels so I guess it's kind of driven into me a habit of picking apart things like this.

Still enjoying the show however after the latest ep.

The thing in this show that drove me the most crazy was it not telling the story of what happened to Lester's murder clothes. It showed him strip down and put them in a plastic bag, but it obviously never made it to the back of the washing machine along with the murder weapon.

The thing in this show that drove me the most crazy was it not telling the story of what happened to Lester's murder clothes. It showed him strip down and put them in a plastic bag, but it obviously never made it to the back of the washing machine along with the murder weapon.

I suppose he threw them out? Though if that were the case, it leaves the logical fallacy of why wouldn't he then also toss out the hammer along with the clothes which would have been the logical thing to do rather than hide the murder weapon....in the same house....in the same room....where the murder happened and risk having it found right there....

Skyrazer, you are missing one important fact. Every police officer but two are dimwits, and one of the two dies in the first episode. :P

Yeah suppose so. Though it is sort of annoying that every cop with the exception of Molly seems to be nothing more than comic relief.

:rofl: at the story of the murders in Lester's house.

Thornton is so deliciously bad!

ETA:

Oh Key and Peele's riddle - A man (George W. Bush, Col. Sanders, whoever :lol: ) anyway he needs to take a cabbage, a rabbit, and a chicken across the river, but he can only take one at a time in a boat. If he leaves the rabbit with the cabbage, the rabbit will eat it, if he leaves the fox with the rabbit, the fox will eat the rabbit...

The answer is:

The man takes the rabbit over in the boat first leaving the fox and the cabbage.

Then he comes back for the fox and brings it over.

Then he takes the rabbit back with him.

Then he takes the cabbage and leaves the rabbit

Then he comes back for the rabbit.

ETA 2:

Holy fucking shit, I didn't think Lester could get any scummier, but he's the lowest of the low!

Poor Linda!

I was laughing so hard when Malvo told the story about the murders in the house to the kids. I love how deliciously evil he is, doing stuff like that just for shits and giggles. He is without doubt one of my favorite villains of all time.

Lester though...I guess I shouldn't have been surprised after what he did to his brother and nephew, but damn that was ruthless.

Last week - we saw Gus a year later, now a mailman. Did anyone mention how he became a mailman? Just before that, he was calling Molly and mentioned the hearing about the shootings was coming up. I assume he got fired from the force for shooting Molly? Did I miss a reference?

Well he always wanted to be a mail man. I figure if he'd been sacked for a wrongful shooting it would be hard to get another goverment job, so I kind of assumed he was cleared, but quit because he wasn't suited to the police.

Archived