Fargo- the TV series

Baitac

Wow. Lester. That's two wives you've murdered. I am wondering if this show lacks enough of a connection with the viewers. I don't know that we can relate to many characters. I'm not sure if Molly has been fleshed out enough for us. The murders and twists, and lack of morals are all good as long as we can relate to someone, hero or antihero. So maybe then, the show is awesome and all, but missing a little bit of heart/relatability somewhere? I just remember the True Detective discussions. Those characters had us in the palms of their hands, perfect or imperfect. We created whole back stories for them. Anyway, I think it's been awesome quirky, but the show didn't quite grab me as much as others have. SSW was awesomness though!!!!

It gets better!

Take closer look at the scene when Lester prints the plane ticket to Acapulco. The son of a bitch bought single one-way ticket for a single person. He never planned to take her with him, and I can't think of a way he could've ditched her. To me, that means that even of Malvo hadn't been at the office, Lester was still planing to murder Linda on the way to the airport.

I noticed that on the first watch and thought it was a bit weird at the time, but by the time it was Bye-Bye-Linda, I had forgotten all about it.

Yes, but I thought that was because, you know, he had a tooth ache. Didn't Malvo say he'd been there for six months? Wouldn't he have already gotten the boot if he didn't know what he was doing?

I meant after he worked on the guy, maybe I'm remembering wrong? I honestly don't think he was ever a dentist though. Perhaps he just researched the basics or something.

I need to stop reading this thread before the episode airs on Sunday evenings. I forgot you guys across the pond get it earlier than we do :laugh: Still though, excited for the ep tonight. Do we get two more after this, or is this the penultimate episode?

The riddle Malvo asked Gus was did he know why the human eye could see more shades of green than any other colour. Molly knows, it's so we could spot predators.

ETA: And the story of the glove, I guess, is about two different kinds of people, the first are people who would try to make the best of things and leave a pair of gloves for someone else on the platform, and the second kind who would keep the orphan glove and be angry and curse the world for the dropped mate.

Fargo > True Detective

1) Why was Hanks not in trouble for killing Billy Bob?

Tbh I don't know that I can disagree. This show was absolutely brilliant. At the very least on par with TD.

Not only that but he was awarded for bravery. I was left scratching my head a bit on that. Surely a citizen can't just enter a residence and shoot an unarmed man without repercussions right? Let alone being commended.

1) Why was Hanks not in trouble for killing Billy Bob?

Not only that but he was awarded for bravery. I was left scratching my head a bit on that. Surely a citizen can't just enter a residence and shoot an unarmed man without repercussions right? Let alone being commended.

Malvo still had the nasty looking knife he used to cut his pants lying next to him. Gus could easily claim that Malvo made a move for it.

Also to be considered, Malvo had just killed half a dozen people in less than a week, including two FBI agents. Few people are going to question the reasonableness of emptying his revolver on Malvo as soon as he made a move.

And finally, the person that issued the commendation was probably Chief Bill, not the brightest candle in the bunch.

It was quite silly that Gus didn't call in Malvo when he saw the cabin (that decision got Key and Peele murdered) but I have to admit I thought it was pretty awesome when he plugged Malvo. When he started talking with Malvo, I figured the worse. But he surprised me by being pretty quick to execute him, which told me that was Gus' way of f'ing with Malvo. Or at least not letting Malvo get the last word in their interactions.

I could maybe see Gus not getting charged in Malvo's shooting but a commendation? That was pushing it.

Doesn't matter. I thought it was a great show with some really top notch performances. Another example of cable networks far exceeding the stuff the networks are putting out there.

Archived