Fargo- the TV series

Baitac

Looks like S2 will revolve around Molly's dad when he was a cop. Along with Fargo it will draw influences from a couple other Coen bro's movies, including one of my favorites Millers Crossing. I'm very exited about the sound of that.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/22/fargo-season-2-details-focus-on-lou-different-era-different-setting?abthid=53cdbbdc9098144c1700002e

Looks like S2 will revolve around Molly's dad when he was a cop. Along with Fargo it will draw influences from a couple other Coen bro's movies, including one of my favorites Millers Crossing. I'm very exited about the sound of that.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/22/fargo-season-2-details-focus-on-lou-different-era-different-setting?abthid=53cdbbdc9098144c1700002e

Ah, so that ever so mysterious Sioux Falls incident will be shown. I'm reasonably excited!

Remember late in the series, Malvo stops at the restaurant and he has a conversation with Molly's dad, and Molly's dad explains he once knew a fellow when....

I kept expecting him to say to Malvo, "and you're that guy, aren't you?"

I really loved the series, hands down best of the year so far even above True Detective and Shameless, and GoT, well let's not even comment on the mess of the season. I only wish the protagonist was nicer - the girl playing her was good but she was just so annoying and mean spirited - it's like she didn't even care about the human aspect of all of this and just wanted to catch the bad guys. Colin Hanks played a much more likable character, I wish the series focused on him and just ditched what's her face.

Other than this and the dog dying (I hate those kinds of scenes) it was pretty much perfect.

Molly was mean spirited? How, exactly? I'd say she was very naive at the start, but as the show progressed, she kind of grew out of it. She just realized she's dealing with a hardened killer and I think it's pretty natural for someone in law enforcement to wanna catch a guy like that. Sure, Malvo may have been an interesting character, but I doubt you'd feel sympathetic to him, or Lester, if he were an actual person.

Molly was mean spirited? How, exactly? I'd say she was very naive at the start, but as the show progressed, she kind of grew out of it. She just realized she's dealing with a hardened killer and I think it's pretty natural for someone in law enforcement to wanna catch a guy like that. Sure, Malvo may have been an interesting character, but I doubt you'd feel sympathetic to him, or Lester, if he were an actual person.

It's a vibe I got from her. She was just too driven and showed too little sympathy towards people, she didn't seem like a warm person, especially comparing to Hanks' character. The only scene she was kind was her talking to the mute guy but I didn't think the actress' work was convincing in this moment.

Where did I say people in law enforcement don't want to catch killers and where did I say I felt these two were sympathetic? She was kinda supposed to be, though and I thought the show or the actress failed at capturing that. Her father, her boyfriend even the dog came off nicer than she did.

Remember late in the series, Malvo stops at the restaurant and he has a conversation with Molly's dad, and Molly's dad explains he once knew a fellow when....

I kept expecting him to say to Malvo, "and you're that guy, aren't you?"

Ah, yes!!! That would be perfect.

I love this show! So glad it will be back for a 2nd season. And I love the idea of doing a new story. I bet it will be connected with the first in some way: I'm thinking someone will find the money buried in the snow once again.

Also, when Malvo tells Molly's dad "Nothing good ever came of cherry pie!", I totally think that was a reference to Twin Peaks.

I love this show! So glad it will be back for a 2nd season. And I love the idea of doing a new story. I bet it will be connected with the first in some way: I'm thinking someone will find the money buried in the snow once again.

Also, when Malvo tells Molly's dad "Nothing good ever came of cherry pie!", I totally think that was a reference to Twin Peaks.

I think in the media release they said it'll be set in 1979, in Sioux Falls or somewhere there. It'll be related to that 'incident' Lou repeatedly mentioned.

Edit: and Lou will be in it, as will 4 year old Molly! I wonder if a younger Malvo will be in there as well, since he did mention in the show that he passed through Sioux once before...

I got such strong Twin Peaks vibe from Fargo. It was actually like NOT mentally scarring Twin Peaks :)

It's a vibe I got from her. She was just too driven and showed too little sympathy towards people, she didn't seem like a warm person, especially comparing to Hanks' character. The only scene she was kind was her talking to the mute guy but I didn't think the actress' work was convincing in this moment.

Interesting. That's kind of what I found fascinating about Molly (although I don't know if I would characterize her quite the same way you would, she certainly was never mean-spirited, IMHO) and Gus, as well. There was really an inversion of the typical gender roles going on. In any other show, Molly would've been a man and Gus a woman and I really enjoyed the switch. I just wish Molly could've been the one to get Malvo.

Archived