Fargo- the TV series

Baitac

I didn't love the show but it stayed with me more than most shows do. One thin I find interesting, upon reflection, is that Malvo's death was brought upon him by the two people he showed mercy to in the first episode. I never did quite understand why he didn't kill Gus. He's a total sociopath for 90% of his screen time. Was his mercy a contrivance or did Malvo have within him some sort of chaotic decision making system that didn't always involve murder as a solution?

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished this off today. Great to watch. Loved the Dave Semenko shout out.

Ok. Questions.

What was the purpose of the rabbit/fox/cabbage story?

What was the purpose of the throw-the-second-glove-on-the-platform story?

I guess Malvo isn't coming back....

Nor Lester. :P

In the glove story, I took it to mean that the two gloves were Lester and Malvo and Molly would end up getting both of them. But it made more sense at the time than upon further reflection.

I think in the media release they said it'll be set in 1979, in Sioux Falls or somewhere there. It'll be related to that 'incident' Lou repeatedly mentioned.

Edit: and Lou will be in it, as will 4 year old Molly! I wonder if a younger Malvo will be in there as well, since he did mention in the show that he passed through Sioux once before...

I think Malvo said he passed through Sioux City instead, but I could be wrong.

• 3 months later...

Heres the full article http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/04/fargo-burn-notice-star-cast-for-season-2-nick-offerman-offered-role

Season 2 of FX's Fargo, which is based on/inspired by/an extension of the 1996 Coen Brothers film, will take place in 1979 and feature a young Lou Solverson (played by Keith Carradine in the first season) as a 33-year-old veteran who recently arrived home from the Vietnam war.

Brilliant! He should play a villain. I'd like to see what Ron Swanson would be like if he gave in fully to the dark side.

'Technically, we're all half centaur' maybe he could work off that instead of Malvo's wolf analogy? :D

Anyway, I don't think it'd be that big of a leap - the dark comedy aspect of Fargo seems to be a natural fit for his deadpan style. I'd love to see him as a mob boss or something. Although the role could just be the Chief of Police, like Bill from s1.

Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons aka Todd from Breaking Bad have been cast

Dunst will play Peggy Blomquist, a small-town beautician with big city dreams who is trying to figure out who she really is and what she really wants as she struggles with traditional societal expectations. She shares her home with her husband Ed (Plemons), a butchers assistant, who wants to be supportive of his wifes self-discovery, even if he doesnt quite understand it.

Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons aka Todd from Breaking Bad have been cast

Not terribly exited about either of those choices. I was never really a fan of Kirsten Dunst, but she was pretty good in Melancholia.

I thought Plemons was one of the worst castings in BB. I find him pretty bland.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived