Fargo- the TV series

Baitac

Am I the only one who kinda hopes Molly stays dead? Its not that I dislike the character I actually quite enjoy her but I kinda feel like it would be a cop out to have her end up living

I want her to survive. If the only cops on the show are bumbling idiots like Grimly and Bob Odenkirk's character (name?) I'd have a hard time believing they could catch anyone.

I want her to survive. If the only cops on the show are bumbling idiots like Grimly and Bob Odenkirk's character (name?) I'd have a hard time believing they could catch anyone.

True enough.

Maybe wild bill hickok can come out of retirement :D

I have a question as to why exactly Malvo taped that guy up and set him up to get killed by the SWAT team that way. It made for a cool looking scene but I can't figure out why he bothered killing him in such a convoluted way.

I have a question as to why exactly Malvo taped that guy up and set him up to get killed by the SWAT team that way. It made for a cool looking scene but I can't figure out why he bothered killing him in such a convoluted way.

To divert all the cops in the area to that house.

To divert all the cops in the area to that house.

Yup, to get the cops there and convince them of what he wanted them to think happened. You can hear one of the cops or the dispatcher saying something like "Strangest suicide by cop I've ever seen." So, rather than them finding a murder scene and wanting to track down who did it. They think it's an open and shut, albeit odd, suicide.

I found that scene odd. But maybe I'm just not used to seeing police officer shoot one bloke about fifty times. Funny, how that's the thing that bugs me. Fish falling from the sky? No problem :laugh:

I agree with the people who say this show is getting a little far-fetched, but it is still extremely enjoyable. I still like Lester's character, I can't help it!

I thought there would only be 6 episodes, but now I'm seeing there'll be 10?

The second best show on television currently. In my opinion. Though most every character pales in comparison to Lorne Malvo. Somehow Billy Bob manages to outshine his coworkers in almost everything he does, no matter how talented they may be.

I found that scene odd. But maybe I'm just not used to seeing police officer shoot one bloke about fifty times. Funny, how that's the thing that bugs me. Fish falling from the sky? No problem :laugh:

Well the bigger problem is why no cop wondered how a guy duct-tapes himself to a gun, gym equipment, and his own mouth, and still thinks it is suicide. Or why Malvo would assume they'd never figure out someone else had to be involved? It just makes everyone including the writers seem stupid.

And now I"m officially caught up.

I really, really like this show. The talent involved is great, but Billy Bob Thornton just blows everybody out of the park. I feel bad for liking a guy whose only goal in life is to screw other people over. The last episode was...pretty damn weird.

Where the hell did the fish come from?

Also, I don't think we've seen the end of Dennis' storyline yet. Sure, he's dead, but anyone with half a brain can see that it wasn't a suicide. The cop who said it was suicide-by-cop is an idiot.

You know, I was watching that scene, and thinking about the California shootings the whole time.

Yes, I know the difference between reality and fiction. I think Fargo is turning on me the wrong way.

ETA: ie leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Lester has turned into one nasty individual.

A friend who trained dogs always said that the dogs that were afraid, that were bullied by other dogs, that were mistreated in some way and became cowards, could be turned into the most vicious guard dogs.

So it was a tornado that caused the fish storm....still think it was dumb though.

Anyway, good episode which brought the show back on track IMO after last week's derailing. Glad Molly isn't dead (I suppose it was a given seeing that she seems to be the protagonist of the story) and I enjoyed many of the exchanges between the characters such as Molly & Grimly, Lester & Bill, Molly & Wrench, Lester & the widow, etc.

I'm enthusiastic about the show again after last week's turn off and look forward to the next ep.

Archived