Football LXVII - Giddy Man United Fans

Alex.

Oh my. Can't believe this is happening again - well, actually I can believe it, which is a problem. I'm just annoyed I didn't put a huge amount of money on Arsenal losing so that I would have some winnings to lessen my pain.

Any other game that sending off of the wrong person would be a huge headline, but unless Ox scores a hat-trick now it's not going to matter. We just need to not get beaten by 6 or so.

Do players really not own up to it? If you were Chamberlain, surely you'd be telling the ref it was you, not Gibbs?

Edit: Maybe he did?

He did. Just saw a vine of him walking up to the ref and saying it was him. The ref is a fucking idiot.

He did. Just saw a vine of him walking up to the ref and saying it was him. The ref is a fucking idiot.

Yeah, fairly easy to lip read.

Although it seems like (and is!) a terrible decision, it's probably not as bad as giving a penalty that shouldn't have been, in terms of effect on the game. And that happens all the time.

Eurosport's minute by minute commentary is quite fun

• 25'Sagna chests the ball back to the 'keeper, and the ball doesn't go in the net!
  • 239559.png23'Podolski is sacrificed - not literally, for Vermaelen.
  • 22'Thomas Vermaelen is warming up, so you can expect more goals for Chelsea.

Yeah, fairly easy to lip read.

Although it seems like (and is!) a terrible decision, it's probably not as bad as giving a penalty that shouldn't have been, in terms of effect on the game. And that happens all the time.

In this case, it doesn't matter. This Arsenal team is terrible.

Not that it would have necessarily changed things (since I think Flamini was playing in the heavy defeat against City at the Etihad), but I note that both in the heavy defeat against Liverpool and the (soon to be) heavy defeat here, Flamini wasn't starting.

A midfield of Rosicky, Cazorla, Arteta, Ox and Podolski just doesn't provide enough cover for the back four. At least one of those five needs to be dedicated to screening potential threats before they get through, and although that midfield is highly creative and very good at passing, they're a bit light on the defensive side.

I've had to mute Owen and Darke.

Jeor, it's not cover for the back four, it's giving the ball away in the middle of the park whilst pushing both your fullbacks high up the pitch. AOC has done it at least 3 times, Arteta twice. You don't do that against a counter attacking team like CFC

I've had to mute Owen and Darke.

Jeor, it's not cover for the back four, it's giving the ball away in the middle of the park whilst pushing both your fullbacks high up the pitch. AOC has done it at least 3 times, Arteta twice. You don't do that against a counter attacking team like CFC

Cazorla has done it twice as well. It's been pathetic.

I can't watch, I couldn't bare to see mourhino and his stupid smug fucking face. regarding retrospective action against AOC, according the bbc when a similar incident happened earlier this year the person who should of been sent off took the 3 game ban.

I must say, I wasn't expecting (or even really hoping for) a win, but thought we might have a reasonable chance of eking out a draw. So much for that!

FA Cup here we come - you are our only trophy hope now. And to be honest, we don't deserve to be in the title race if we don't show up against the other top teams. We've now been soundly beaten by City, Liverpool and Chelsea away, and at home we've only managed one win (against Liverpool) and a very tame draw (Chelsea 0-0). Not to mention being beaten by Man United 1-0 as well. What bothers me is that we will never really know what this season could have been, if we had had Ramsey available the whole time I think we really would have been able to get some of those important results.

Raja, Mexal - true. Flamini would not have necessarily prevented any of those goals from happening - but he's usually very good at organising people and getting bodies (including his own) behind the ball. Watch him during a match, and he's always shouting, pointing, covering, etc. I'm sure in any of those breaks he would have been an extra body in there. As it was, we only had Koscielny and Mertesacker to protect against a break, and that usually means it's two or three Chelsea players against Koscielny only, seeing as Mertesacker isn't really useful in a fast break situation.

Archived