The Walking Dead: Those Who Arrive, Survive (TV & Comics SPOILERS)

Lady Octarina

Blame the title on red snow :cool4:

For the new people, here's the place to discuss the show if you don't mind side-discussions about the comics, what part of it inspired what scene, if we expect the same characters to die, when is Negan going to show up, and all that. Common courtesy dictates you only have to put under spoilers things that happened in the comics after the last trade.

Count me in the "hope Beth survives". Was never too fussed but he scenes this season have warmed me to her. I don't think there's any of the cast at the moment who I'd want to die. Then again I like "problem" characters like Carol as they keep the show entertaining. I still think Shane was excellent in it.

Shane was terrible in it, but I agree they need a problem character around to keep things interesting. If anyone had told me the show version of Carol would ever be this amazing, I would have thought they were high.

And while I find Beth annoying, I join you all on the "I hope she survives" wagon. As long as she doesn't start singing, I think she brings an interesting perspective to things.

Shane was a "love or hate" character. I think the main problem was that his character was a bit too complex for a not so complex show in that he didn't really fit (and the writers weren't always sure how to play him). I still liked him though and it's what I like about Beth. It's what I liked about the Governor whenever he wasn't going all "I'm crazy and can't stop killing". All three of them are arguably very useful to have around (when stable) in terms of protecting large groups. Beth is easily the most stable of the three so will hopefully stick around.

Beth singing is awkward, I agree.

Love the title for the thread - if only we could all write our names down (with zombie blood) as we pass through.

In terms of Kirkman saying the ending is "savage" and their biggest "cliffhanger" - what are folks' guesses?

Having them arrive and instantly be captured by a group of nutjobs seems a bit samey. I'd rather the community were nice and Rick and co do a hostile take-over (like in the comics) but I don't see how they'd really have time to set that up.

Part of me likes the idea of them arriving at Terminus and it's already been over-run/destroyed. Whatever happens I expect it involves a lot of death :(

I don't care what anyone says, Shane was an amazing character.

Indeed - although I can see how some would hate his self-serving antics. I thought it just made him more conflicted. Before he went into "kill Rick" mode, I liked the juxtaposition of a nice guy with a really dark side. I still love the scene where he shot a guy to give him time to escape zombies (and save Carl). That and the shed-clearing.

I think Shane was a character that had a lot of potential, but was terribly written most of the time. A better actor might also have done a better job; I mean, look at what David Morrisey brought to the Governor, who also suffered some poor writing!

Part of me likes the idea of them arriving at Terminus and it's already been over-run/destroyed. Whatever happens I expect it involves a lot of death :(

I currently think that's the most unlikely. Unless they're the cannibals, of course.

I think Shane was a character that had a lot of potential, but was terribly written most of the time. A better actor might also have done a better job;

Jon Bernthal is a good actor imo. I've liked him in pretty much everything I've seen him in, most recently The Wolf of Wall Street.

He was the bomb in Night at the Museum 2, yo!

As for Terminus, I first thought it would be that little subdivision place they went to after the Hunters where Carl gets his eye blown out but they don't have enough time to set that up for a "savage" finale with the biggest cliffhanger yet, as Kirkman has said.

Jon Bernthal is a good actor imo. I've liked him in pretty much everything I've seen him in, most recently The Wolf of Wall Street.

He was decent in the mob city show (with his pal who created Walking dead). I think he's a rising star at the moment. Not sure if he'll make it as someone who can carry a film but he has TV in his pocket. Bradley Cooper has come a long way since "alias"

Indeed one of the only things I enjoy on the series more than the comics was the Shane character

We barely got a chance to see Shane in the comics. I do feel they put some of comic Rick's more dubious harsh decisions/reactions onto Shane in the first two seasons. I figure the show was shy on making the protagonist too grey. Now, of course, everyone demands the lead of a show to be morally grey/outright evil.

I was a Shane fan. If Lori weren't in the mix Rick and Shane would have been a great duo.

I think Tyrese will be a casualty this season. Maybe Tara. But I'm thinking Tyrese. I don't think he can handle much more of the zombie world.

There is the off chance that the hoopty driving away with Beth was saving her.

Still dunno why Daryl didn't pick her bag up - the entire time he's telling her to leave the house he's yelling "grab your shit!"

Obviously TWD is going out with a bang this season. Kinda hoping it throws everyone for a surprise.

Archived