The Walking Dead: Those Who Arrive, Survive (TV & Comics SPOILERS)

Lady Octarina

Blood pudding :stillsick:

So Im guessing

1.Rick & Michonne head back to Terminus to retrieve the katana.

Or

2. Gareth for whatever reason takes the katana with him on his mission to kill Rick and the gang.

Mich is then reunited with katana.I can see no other option than a reunion with the katana.

I am obviously obsessed and disturbed that she doesn't have it.

And what is this place that Beth is in? It looks like she's in a prison. Which would be kind of ironic. Since she just left one.

Blood pudding :stillsick:

So Im guessing

Or

2. Gareth for whatever reason takes the katana with him on his mission to kill Rick and the gang.

Mich is then reunited with katana.I can see no other option than a reunion with the katana.

And what is this place that Beth is in? It looks like she's in a prison. Which would be kind of ironic. Since she just left one.

You're not the only one disturbed and concerned over the katana. Throughout the whole escape I kept wondering when she was going to go find it. It happens every time she's separated from it; I can't think of anything except the katana.

I only just watched the latest episode...damn that ending left me thinking!

I'd rather watch the gang on WD anyday over Bradd Pitt or George Clooney. :ack:

Don't know much about Pitt's interactions with fans, but I've heard and read accounts of Clooney actually being really cool with fans, and is considered among the "best" when it comes to being willing to sign autographs and have his photo taken.

I'd like to hear the termites thoughts on eating humans once they work out everyone is infected? I guess you may have already eaten a few people by then so can be safe in the knowledge eating infected meat isn't dangerous.

Still, I'd be taking that head off as quickly as possible just in case the infected meat spoils quicker with zombification, The blood letting may also help with that.

I think the baseball bat wasn't good enough to ensure zombie brain death. It was merely a functional, maybe even "humane", way of killing them.

Don't know much about Pitt's interactions with fans, but I've heard and read accounts of Clooney actually being really cool with fans, and is considered among the "best" when it comes to being willing to sign autographs and have his photo taken.

Well that is a pleasant surprise. :)

I'm m just glad the cast of WD genuinely enjoy the genre, their fans, and won't be writing books years later on how WD ruined their careers.

It seems especially the perfect venue for character actors.

I'd like to hear the termites thoughts on eating humans once they work out everyone is infected? I guess you may have already eaten a few people by then so can be safe in the knowledge eating infected meat isn't dangerous.

Still, I'd be taking that head off as quickly as possible just in case the infected meat spoils quicker with zombification, The blood letting may also help with that.

I think the baseball bat wasn't good enough to ensure zombie brain death. It was merely a functional, maybe even "humane", way of killing them.

I think this was discussed to death in past seasons. Consensus is that the living non zombies are infected with some kind of dormant strain, which only becomes active upon death. Perhaps a massive release of Dimethyltryptamine upon brain death is the trigger to activate the zombie virus/fungus/whatever? The dormant strain does give protection against incidental contact, i.e. being splattered with zombie brains when you cleave their skulls with samurai swords and the like, it requires direct blood borne infection via traumatic injury to give enough of the active zombie (virus?) to a living person to overwhelm their immune system and cause them to turn. As we can see this is all scientific and shit.

So Im guessing

Or

Yes, the Michonne and katana reunion is a must.

I'm going to have to rewatch the scene when Carol finds all of the belongings collected from the Termites' victims. She spots Daryl's crossbow, why didn't she look for the katana?!?!?!

Beth looks like she's in a hospital or police station, hopefully we'll find out soon.

Maybe during an apocolypse, you don't have time for sex beyond a quickie behind a tree, because damn if I could relax and enjoy it.

And as for the "fuck" bomb, why say it when you can actually be articulate?

It's just the distinction, since this is basic cable in the US, they can push the envelope on violence, but there are all these restrictions when it comes to sex and language. It's an odd inconsistency.

Intimacy would matter even more, when things like that are far and few between, and tomorrow may never come. And in real life, there are times when articulation doesn't come easily, hence the f bomb.

I like the show and think it's written well, I am talking about the constraints...

Little curious as to people's thought on a few characters. One dead, one still alive.

Andrea- I absolutely hated her. She annoyed the hell out of me. I dunno, hated everything about her.

Carl- although he isn't as bad as he used to be, I prayed every episode for him to be eaten.

What do others think?

Little curious as to people's thought on a few characters. One dead, one still alive.

Andrea- I absolutely hated her. She annoyed the hell out of me. I dunno, hated everything about her.

Carl- although he isn't as bad as he used to be, I prayed every episode for him to be eaten.

What do others think?

It's a shame what the show did to Andrea. Comics Andrea is much more like the badass version of show Carol .

I like show and comics Carl, and have never understood the hate. :dunno:

I never read the comics, but I really liked Season 1 & 2 Andrea. Her Season 3 arc with the Governor was annoying, but I didn't want her to get killed off.

Carl, on the other hand (especially during Season 2), is one of the few characters who I actively root against and hope he gets eaten.

I think the only two deaths that made me go, "Nooooooo!" were Dale and Hershel.

The show absolutely ruined Andrea. I was watching some of the marathon in the lead up to the season premiere and season 3 was especially painful because of Andrea's worse case of fictional cock-blindness ever. Especially the episode where she finds out that the Governor personally did something so nasty and horrible to Maggie that people won't go into specifics, then she proceeds to go back to Woodbury and almost immediately jump in bed with him.

It's a shame because Andrea is one of my favorite comic characters.

And I've always liked Carl, though how much of that is knowing what a bad ass he was going to become I can't say.

It's just the distinction, since this is basic cable in the US, they can push the envelope on violence, but there are all these restrictions when it comes to sex and language. It's an odd inconsistency.

Intimacy would matter even more, when things like that are far and few between, and tomorrow may never come. And in real life, there are times when articulation doesn't come easily, hence the f bomb.

I like the show and think it's written well, I am talking about the constraints...

I haven't read the comics, but other than rape, I don't know that it figures heavily into that world.

Intimacy, (not to be confused with sex), can be a vulnerability, and I think even Kirkman said something to that effect.

Sometimes the most erotic, and even the most frightening things are in the imagination.

I also have to say that there is no shortage of options in terms of sex, (though you might have to pay for it).

Just give Cinemax, i.e., "Skinemax" time, I'm sure they will come up with a theme about busty, zombie babes, lol.

"Night of the Lusting Dead."

I think this was discussed to death in past seasons. Consensus is that the living non zombies are infected with some kind of dormant strain, which only becomes active upon death. Perhaps a massive release of Dimethyltryptamine upon brain death is the trigger to activate the zombie virus/fungus/whatever? The dormant strain does give protection against incidental contact, i.e. being splattered with zombie brains when you cleave their skulls with samurai swords and the like, it requires direct blood borne infection via traumatic injury to give enough of the active zombie (virus?) to a living person to overwhelm their immune system and cause them to turn. As we can see this is all scientific and shit.

Ok, but you are eating dead human meat so it's not dormant anymore.I guess as long as you don't bite the inside of your mouth while chewing you are fine?

I haven't read the comics, but other than rape, I don't know that it figures heavily into that world.

Intimacy, (not to be confused with sex), can be a vulnerability, and I think even Kirkman said something to that effect.

there's plenty of sex-as-intimacy in the comics too. Rick and co, Maggie and Glen. A few others as well. The comic does do a better job of highlighting how some of them use sex as a substitute for intimacy/normalcy - which the TV show hasn't.

It's a shame what the show did to Andrea. Comics Andrea is much more like the badass version of show Carol .

I like show and comics Carl, and have never understood the hate. :dunno:

Cometely agree.

I didn't like tv Dale. Or tv/comic Lori - although comic Lori was better.

Ok, but you are eating dead human meat so it's not dormant anymore.I guess as long as you don't bite the inside of your mouth while chewing you are fine?

there's plenty of sex-as-intimacy in the comics too. Rick and co, Maggie and Glen. A few others as well. The comic does do a better job of highlighting how some of them use sex as a substitute for intimacy/normalcy - which the TV show hasn't.

This is a good point about the comics. This seems to ring true for Michonne IMO.

Archived