The Walking Dead: Those Who Arrive, Survive (TV & Comics SPOILERS)

Lady Octarina

Someone has taken the preview images from the season finale and spliced them with the images from a storyline in the comics. Makes a ton of sense now

Still leaves Terminus up in the air but at least now we know what's going to happen with the marauders.

Well fuckity fuck.

I had completely forgotten about that scenario. It makes complete sense. At least this time around Rick won't have that damned stupid phone.

I still stand behind one -dog. Beth can not be eaten by her sister. It's just wrong.

Eta: I didn't see the gif's on the link until now. Man, it's gonna be a rough night. Think I may need to get that drink too.

@Alia: the burned picture is definitely foreshadowing but Maggie has to get pregnant before the inevitable happens.

Also, where is Daryl in the mauraders scenario?

Someone has taken the preview images from the season finale and spliced them with the images from a storyline in the comics. Makes a ton of sense now

Still leaves Terminus up in the air but at least now we know what's going to happen with the marauders.

But was Carl raped in the comics? I remember, when I read it, I thought it was only the threat, but did something actually happen? Anyway, if they only implied the rape of an adult woman on the show, I'm sure they're not going further than that with a kid.

The "Negan" character must be coming later and Joe is not the parallel character, because if this is the scenario and this is one of Joes men that contradicts Negans rule agains sexual violence?

Hey, Alia! Long time since we last "bumped" into each other! :cheers:

I think the greatest evidence against his being Negan is how small his group is; plus, if he's around when one of his men tries to do that and there are enough people with Rick to stop it, I see very little chance he makes it to the next season.

But if he does make it, he could still be Negan. The show hasn't been faithful to the comics' characterization since Michonne, so the same way they made the Governor more of a complex character who did want to do good for his people but couldn't handle the pressure/follow a post-apocalyptic moral code that actually worked than a simple madman, they will have to change some key points on Negan. And not just the swearing, though we might get a lighter version of that (which words are allowed on AMC?). The show has been lighter than the comics in terms of violence against living humans, so Lucille (and I can't write this word without thinking of a "loose seal" :rofl: ) will probably see a different kind of action - certainly nothing like the infamous #100. I'm not sure on how far they're going with the torture, and his harem, either.

I can't even remember that scene from the comic (I may need to check if i missed a volume - although I recall hating pretty much everything between leaving the prison and arriving in washington).

There is a surprising lack of Daryl if that scenario is being played out by Joe's group.

I was wondering where Daryl fits in as well.

I barely remember it from the comics. I think Abe, Rick & Carl separate from Rosita and Eugene (I'm assuming Michonne stayed with them, but can't remember). I vaguely remember Rick on his stupid phone and them getting sneak attacked. But it's been a long time since I've read it and when I did I skipped through pretty fast cause child rape is awful to read.

Will be interesting to see what social media does in reaction tonight. I don't have any accounts so I will read about it tomorrow.

Is it true???? Is Andy Lincoln going to be on The Talking Dead???

:commie: <------- Happy Dance

Well fuckity fuck.

I had completely forgotten about that scenario. It makes complete sense. At least this time around Rick won't have that damned stupid phone.

I still stand behind one -dog. Beth can not be eaten by her sister. It's just wrong.

Eta: I didn't see the gif's on the link until now. Man, it's gonna be a rough night. Think I may need to get that drink too.

@Alia: the burned picture is definitely foreshadowing but Maggie has to get pregnant before the inevitable happens.

Also, where is Daryl in the mauraders scenario?

Oh no, I'd forgotten that, and that is a good question regarding Daryls whereabouts.

Making my list now, and alcohol is definitely on it. :thumbsup:

But was Carl raped in the comics? I remember, when I read it, I thought it was only the threat, but did something actually happen? Anyway, if they only implied the rape of an adult woman on the show, I'm sure they're not going further than that with a kid.

Hey, Alia! Long time since we last "bumped" into each other! :cheers:

I think the greatest evidence against his being Negan is how small his group is; plus, if he's around when one of his men tries to do that and there are enough people with Rick to stop it, I see very little chance he makes it to the next season.

But if he does make it, he could still be Negan. The show hasn't been faithful to the comics' characterization since Michonne, so the same way they made the Governor more of a complex character who did want to do good for his people but couldn't handle the pressure/follow a post-apocalyptic moral code that actually worked than a simple madman, they will have to change some key points on Negan. And not just the swearing, though we might get a lighter version of that (which words are allowed on AMC?). The show has been lighter than the comics in terms of violence against living humans, so Lucille (and I can't write this word without thinking of a "loose seal" :rofl: ) will probably see a different kind of action - certainly nothing like the infamous #100. I'm not sure on how far they're going with the torture, and his harem, either.

Hi Lady Octarina!!!! :D Good to "see" you again. :cheers: .

As for Joe, I think thats true in terms of the indicators, (such as his small group), pointing to someone else coming in later, (I thought I heard that it would be the last episode that some notorious "someone" would make an appearance :dunno: ). But, since Joe isn't in the comics either, perhaps he is just merely the catalyst for the further evolution of Carl and Ricks journey.

If he is this hybrid character, I think you are right in that they are building a much more complex character that inhabits those grey areas of both good and bad, (also very "martinesque") and actually acts as a plot device to call into question Ricks own nature, a little like the way Carol did.

I've also always thought it was interesting the fearful perception that people have of Rick outside his group as well in that it suggests something in Rick that others see and fear.

(Does Rick become the "bogey man" for other groups)?

And, I also think that AMC will take it as far as they can. :ph34r:

As far as "loose seal goes," :laugh:, I can't look at Abraham without thinking of Baron Harkonnen from "Dune," :P

There's a few things I was sorta going back and forth on:

I think terminus will equate to the hunters arc. I want the mystery hoopty driver to be Morgan so that Beth survives. I'm thinking it's more likely that it is one of the hunters or possibly the priest from the comics. I can't even remember that guy's name or how he died. If he died. He was pretty forgettable to me.

After the almost Carl rape they head to Alexandria? I'm tempted to dig up my copies just to refresh my memory.

I also read that there is a new non-comic character this episode. No idea how credible it is but maybe the priest?

(I thought I heard that it would be the last episode that some notorious "someone" would make an appearance :dunno: ). But, since Joe isn't in the comics either, perhaps he is just merely the catalyst for the further evolution of Carl and Ricks journey.

So I read about this 'new character' we meet in the finale and there's speculation about who he might be. My money is on choice uno.

We were kind of lost on timeline there whether Rick et al were early or late on arrival with respect to Glenn/Maggie etc. Took a bit to sort that out. Good call on Rick and the watch chain. Seriously. And the poncho. So I guess we know who Gareth is now. And that Joe isn't Negan. And that post-telephone Rick is with us for the rest of the journey. Yes.

The skeevy would be child rapist seemed way over the top but otherwise that entire scene played out well. And I really enjoyed the contrast between zen gardening Rick and chaotic rip your neck with my teeth Rick and how they can coexist at the same time, like you need, in this new world.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. The cannibals didn't really have the impact I thought they would.

Not addressing what happened with 4 of the characters is a bit lazy imo.

It seems the mid season finales are always better the last few seasons.

Archived