Four Reasons why Roose Bolton is better than Daenerys

Roose:

Makes deals with Lannisters and Freys. Yuck!

Flaying is SO last century.

I can't hear him half the time. Speak up, Roose!

I'm no fan of rapists.

Dany:

Has dragons. Dragons that will help kill the Others. Or will join the Others in taking over the world. Either way...cool!

She's a hot chick. I'm pretty sure Roose is not a hot chick.,

Bad execution of her plans, yes...but a good heart! (Well, according to her own POV anyway.)

Barriston Selmy supports her. I ride with Barriston.

Or in other words...

Roose bought a woman

Dany bought peace

Roose didn't buy her, he was paid to take her.

Dany sadly did not get peace. :frown5: She had good reasons but her marriage hasn't worked out well so far. In this instance, Roose has done better from a personal standpoint. Of course he's not a monarch either.

Roose would actually fit nicely as Daenerys' bannerman. He and Freys are that kind of people she employs.

Ramsay can give her some crucifixion tips.

Or in other words...

Roose bought a woman

Dany bought peace

1. Roose didn't buy Walda, Walder paid HIM to marry her. That's why he married Fat Walda: He got her weight in silver.

2. Marrying Hizdahr didn't bring peace. She actually just played right into the hands of the Green Grace by doing so.

Daenerys has dragons that can take the world at any moment and an army of the best soldiers in the world. Roose has only won battles on trickery and deceit.

And the way she got the Unsullied involved NO trickery and deceit, right? Or telling the Yunkai a stated time for engagement and then breaking it? Come on, man.

thread seems a bit biased.. maybe i missed the sarcasm?

Roose betrayed the entire population in the North and had a part at killing his liege lord/all his bannermen. Roose does nothing to stop Ramsay from torturing 'FAryra'. Roose is totally fine betraying anyone.

Dany's an idiot.

I'd call it even :dunno:

Ramsay can give her some crucifixion tips.

1. Roose didn't buy Walda, Walder paid HIM to marry her. That's why he married Fat Walda: He got her weight in silver.

2. Marrying Hizdahr didn't bring peace. She actually just played right into the hands of the Green Grace by doing so.

Danerys doesn't need any crucixion tips. If anything people should be coming to her for advice.

Just sayin'

I should've been a little clearer.

Roose's intentions were purely out of monetary gain, therefore, he pretty much just bought her. Either way, its nothing noble.

Dany tried to buy peace, was unsuccessful, but that was her intent.

I know you're not her biggest fan but you have to admit Dany's marriage was more noble, at least in intention rather than result, than Roose's.

Archived