Arya + FM

TheWitch

Just wanted to know what everyone thought about Arya's future with the FM. Personally I don't see her lasting their. It doesn't seem too me that the FM ideology is rubbing of onto Arya as much as she wants it too. She constantly tells herself off for saying shes Arya and tries almost to hard to be someone else and forget who she is. I also think it would be cool if Arya just kind of accepted that she is Arya at the end or at some point. That she is the scruffy daughter of Ned Stark and that doesn't mean she can't be awesome with a sword! I just think shes too rebellious by nature of the FM

I do not think she will become a true FM since she's still connected to Nymeria and has kept her sword Needle, despite being told to throw everything away from her past. Saying that, Melisandra tells her that she will have 'eyes that close forever' in the TV show but then also states that 'they will meet again'. For dialogue that's not in the book, i don't think it's a coincidence that they put this in.

I do not think she will become a true FM since she's still connected to Nymeria and has kept her sword Needle, despite being told to throw everything away from her past. Saying that, Melisandra tells her that she will have 'eyes that close forever' in the TV show but then also states that 'they will meet again'. For dialogue that's not in the book, i don't think it's a coincidence that they put this in.

I completely overlooked Nymeria and Needle for some reason. To be honest I think we shouldn't put to much emphasis on the show. I think Arya and Melisandre will meet but I doubt it will be the same. And correct me if im wrong, but didn't Melisandre say something more among the line of YOU will shut the eyes of the people she sees through Aryas eyes forever, rather Aryas own?

I think she will stay for a while until something big happens and she will leave against the orders of the FM to help her family somehow and stay with me .. She will end up fighting the FM and or be killed by them for breaking her "oath" and leaving. Dark magic always has a drawback , a sword without a hilt. If she leaves the FM i fear she will be killed by them . Jaqen? Maybe

The Bank of Braavos has grown increasingly impatient with unpaid loans by Kings Landing. The bankers last visit was all but snubbed by Cersei in her legendary wisdom.

I think the bank will pay a visit to the Faceless Men and Arya will get the 'assignment' to killl Cersei and/or King Tommen.

However, I also agree with the sentiment that Arya isn't entirely owned by the Faceless Men and some interesting fallout is imminent.

"Who are you child?"

"No one"

"You lie."

[ at some point ]

"I am Arya Stark of Winterfell, warg and assasin".

I think it's just a matter of time before either her insubordination forces them to cut her loose, or she crosses paths with someone who knows she does still have family members to return to. In either case, I tend to believe the Faceless Men regard her as some sort of prodigy or perhaps an avatar of their god. They see the same things in her that made the Ghost of High Heart recoil, but they want to foster and nurture it rather than run away. If forced to part ways, I think they'd send her off with some stern and only half meant words of warning, whereas most anyone else this far into their training who departed would be dead in a few days.

Very hard to be sure, of course, without having a PoV chapter from the Kindly Man. It does explain why every time she backslides (like killing the singer, or needing a justification to kill the insurance guy) they basically pass her to the next lesson without more than a few stern words.

Nah, she's not going to become a Faceless Man company girl, she's going to learn what she needs from them and move on. Needle is a clear symbol of that. Despite the fact that being an initiate would seem to require the whole of a person, without reservation, she's still reserving a Stark part of her ... because she's a Stark, and Starks are cool like that.

The KM seems to understand that, and seems to have his own reasons for training her nonetheless, possibly because he thinks she may help the FM settle old scores (bearing in mind their origins in a kind of anti-slavery movement).

She doesn't believe in their religion and has no desire to be a FM. It's just a tool to learn how to become really good at killing so she can exact vengeance and justice to redress the sins against her house. If she ever learns how to actually warg on purpose and suddenly comes into possession of a thousand-wolf wolfpack with no fear of humans prowling the Riverlands, watch out Freys. She can literally kill them in her sleep.

Agreed :)

I think it's just a matter of time before either her insubordination forces them to cut her loose, or she crosses paths with someone who knows she does still have family members to return to.

Nah, she's not going to become a Faceless Man company girl, she's going to learn what she needs from them and move on. Needle is a clear symbol of that. Despite the fact that being an initiate would seem to require the whole of a person, without reservation, she's still reserving a Stark part of her ... because she's a Stark, and Starks are cool like that.

My bet is that she'll hone her assassin skills a bit longer with the FM. Then she'll be sent on a mission in Westeros, hopefully, KL. The idea that the Iron Bank may hire the FM and they'd choose her for the job makes a lot of sense to me. First, she is already skilled even as an acolyte. Second, she really knows KL and most of the main players there.

Here's why I believe she'll leave the FM if she is sent to KL.... Arya's prayer (the last one I could find in the books) is; Ser Gregor (the unMtn. in KL), Dunsen (one of Mtn's. men), Ser Meryn (last mentioned in KL), Ser Ilyn (last seen with Jaime in the Riverlands but may be in KL with Jaime), Queen Cersei. So that makes at least 3 she may be able to mark off her list if she goes to Kings Landing. If Dunsen and Ilyn followed Jaime and the Mountain to KL then that would mean she could kill all 5 left on her list in one location. That would be an interesting, if bloody tale. I just don't think she'll quit shortening her prayer list until they are all dead. She will probably have to abandon the FM then in order to complete her personal mission. Plus she'd be back in Westeros, surely she'd want to pursue anything she can about her "pack", both wolf and human.

#9 acosta Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

She doesn't believe in their religion and has no desire to be a FM. It's just a tool to learn how to become really good at killing so she can exact vengeance and justice to redress the sins against her house. If she ever learns how to actually warg on purpose and suddenly comes into possession of a thousand-wolf wolfpack with no fear of humans prowling the Riverlands, watch out Freys. She can literally kill them in her sleep.

She is being forged into something as hard as valyrian steel, like "Ice", and as fearless as Nymeria , her direwolf. The naïve little girl, Arya, is dead. She is so tragic and so amazingly strong at the same time.

One caveat: She can't kill Cersei until all 3 of her children are dead, according to Maggie the Frog.

One caveat: She can't kill Cersei until all 3 of her children are dead, according to Maggie the Frog.

Maggy the Frog also foresees Cersei being killed by her valonqar. Personally, I cannot see Arya taking Cersei down. Cersei is doing a good enough job by herself, tbh.

Archived