Bran and Bloodraven and aBomination

Lady Fevre Dream

No more than other highborn that eat well and are attended by maesters 24/7

hmm. noted. my reference for disease immunity admittedly was daenerys' comment when the pale mare showed up and started taking everyone. she made a comment that she didnt care because her blood made her immune. for some reason on my first read through it stuck as if like they were immune to certain illnesses.

you do have a point though.

but that would mean bloodraven if alive, is 125 years old. either he's an entity like coldhands (already dead but 'aware'), or there's a magic that's keeping him 'alive.' id like to go with the former, judging by his look and present situation.

hmm. noted. my reference for disease immunity admittedly was daenerys' comment when the pale mare showed up and started taking everyone. she made a comment that she didnt care because her blood made her immune. for some reason on my first read through it stuck as if like they were immune to certain illnesses.

you do have a point though.

but that would mean bloodraven if alive, is 125 years old. either he's an entity like coldhands (already dead but 'aware'), or there's a magic that's keeping him 'alive.' id like to go with the former, judging by his look and present situation.

Well, he has some neat surgeons down there. Even in our world there is no one who could merge you with a tree. So kudos for that.

Well, he has some neat surgeons down there. Even in our world there is no one who could merge you with a tree. So kudos for that.

why he would ever think that was a good idea is beyond me.

"Ok, I'm finally half-weirwood/half-dragon."

*gets an itch on his thigh*

"Damnit, clearly i havent thought this all through.. Leaf?!"

I think there's a possibility that this is a bit backwards. Mel thinks Bloodraven is The Great Other. What are the chances of her being right? Seriously, her percentage is really bad on these things. I think after helping Bran to develop his powers, and making sure that between the two of them they've downloaded all the necessary information from the weirnet, Bloodraven is warging Hodor and carrying Bran out of the cave.

It's been said (by GRRM, I think) that Hodor will be talking in the future. Bran couldn't make him talk during wargings. Either Hodor finally decides to speak, hits his head badly and wakes up talking, or Bloodraven is hitching a ride in the tall strong guy from Winterfell. What has been Hodor's function in this story? Legs for Bran. The possibility of giant's blood. Being warged. And once you've been broken to warging, it's easier for another to warg you.

I absolutely agree that something is keeping Bloodraven in but I think it's his body that hasn't been able to leave. If he wargs Hodor he's out of there. That way he and Bran can help with the fight against the Others and Bran can use knowledge from the weirnet to rebuild Westeros Brandon the Builder style.

Basically I'm hoping that Bloodraven needed Bran because one brain can only hold half the pertinent files from the weirnet. The two of them can tag team this baby, and Bran can ride a dragon. The truth will probably be darker than that, bittersweet, dealing with moral ambiguities, but I like my theory.

Edited to fix typo.

Why does everybody think Bran will ride a dragon ? I don't see the purpose of it nor the awesomeness. He has a direwolf. Be content with that, little Bran.

And Hodor talking.. that is not how the world works. And of course not how Grrm's world works.

I know this is pessimistic and cynical.

^ It has been confirmed that Hodor will speak. So I don't know how you can say that it's not how GRRM's world works. Not to mention that it's a weak argument against something happening in a book series that is classified as fantasy.

Can't speak for everybody but I think Bran may get to ride a dragon because Bloodraven promised that he would fly. Granted he never said you will personally, in your own body, fly. But if that part was in any way literal it has to be dragonriding. No way can a bird hold Bran's weight, unless some seriously huge avians are coming into the story soon.

^ It has been confirmed that Hodor will speak. So I don't know how you can say that it's not how GRRM's world works. Not to mention that it's a weak argument against something happening in a book series that is classified as fantasy.

Can't speak for everybody but I think Bran may get to ride a dragon because Bloodraven promised that he would fly. Granted he never said you will personally, in your own body, fly. But if that part was in any way literal it has to be dragonriding. No way can a bird hold Bran's weight, unless some seriously huge avians are coming into the story soon.

He will fly. Ravens.

I don't know about Hodor. Give me a link and I believe you.

I don't see what's suspicious at all about a guy well over a hundred years old luring a small child into his cave and feeding him a strange paste, while telling him to open up his special "eye".

But seriously, I've had the same thought as well. Or if you want to get really weird about it (as if it's not strange enough) what if Bloodraven was lured into the cave by someone else, someone even older, who did the same thing to him and now he's ready to move on to someone younger and potentially more powerful.

So melisandre was right all along... He is the great other!

I will find the link. May take me a while as I don't remember which one it is.

i agree on one point. he will never, ever speak anything other than hodor out loud. if he is to think something other than "hodor," deep down where he buries himself when bran wargs him, bran might be able to get into his inner thoughts and hear soemthign other than hodor.

but to speak anything other than Hodor is utter blasphemy.

i agree on one point. he will never, ever speak anything other than hodor out loud. if he is to think something other than "hodor," deep down where he buries himself when bran wargs him, bran might be able to get into his inner thoughts and hear soemthign other than hodor.

but to speak anything other than Hodor is utter blasphemy.

And what kind of message would that be?

Persons with a mental defect just need someone to warg them so they can speak? And they are only cool if they can speak ?

That is what bugs me about the Hodor speaking. It would be a horrible message.

And frankly, that whole warging thing upsets my moral view. I think it is a horrible thing to do. We saw what it feels to the warged by Bran ad Varamyr. I think no one should warg anyone.

And why did Orell not just warg into Jon ? He could have either had as much Ygritte as he wanted by this or at least could have made Jonny kill himself. :dunno: haha :D

And what kind of message would that be?

Persons with a mental defect just need someone to warg them so they can speak? And they are only cool if they can speak ?

That is what bugs me about the Hodor speaking. It would be a horrible message.

And frankly, that whole warging thing upsets my moral view. I think it is a horrible thing to do. We saw what it feels to the warged by Bran ad Varamyr. I think no one should warg anyone.

And why did Orell not just warg into Jon ? He could have either had as much Ygritte as he wanted by this or at least could have made Jonny kill himself. :dunno: haha :D

it takes a certain willpower to warg a human being i think it's implied. it actually might be harder, to warg a fellow skinchanger because they're aware of whats happening, and thus might have more willpower to resist.

hodor might have a few wires crossed, so internal thinking doesnt express itself properly externally.

or, his brain damage was caused by getting his head dashed into a wall by ser gregor *shrugs*

before elitists respond, i wasnt serious. hodor targaryen is a made up easter egg, err, dragon's egg. he was not the product of summerhall, and furthermore, just because his hair is silvery/blonde on the show, doesnt make him a targ.

before elitists respond, i wasnt serious. hodor targaryen is a made up easter egg, err, dragon's egg. he was not the product of summerhall, and furthermore, just because his hair is silvery/blonde on the show, doesnt make him a targ.

I think the fact that he is hung like a dragon is proof enough that he is a Targaryen

The word Hodor can be used to wake dragons if no fire and persons to burn are at hand, but only Hodor himself knows it.

"HODOR!" - is actually confirmed to be the sound the horn that euron has makes when binding dragons, Hodor just beat him to the punch.

Targaryen Skinwalker, Hodaer Targaryen, the first of his name.

Archived