Daenerys as a "Villain" Appreciation 2.0, with new take

LordStoneheart

1. Do you support Dany's conquest of Westeros?

No i do not.

2. Why or why not is it villainous?

Antagonistic but not villainous, Stannis is the true king and Daenerys has no right to the throne. And keep in mind that Dany will invade Westeros with Ironborn and Dothraki, the two most savage peoples, who will burn, rape and murder everyone.

There is absolutely no textual evidence for this whatsoever.

*cough* Usurper's dogs *cough* *cough*

3. Are the noble families (not smallfolk) really worth your sympathy when they've already done what Dany's trying to do?

Have they? Have they caused misery and chaos through unbelievable incompetence?

Antagonistic but not villainous, Stannis is the true king and Daenerys has no right to the throne. And keep in mind that Dany will invade Westeros with Ironborn and Dothraki, the two most savage peoples, who will burn, rape and murder everyone.

How can Stannis be the rightful king when Rhaegar's son and sister are still alive and kicking?

Aegon, Stannis, Edmure, Doran, and Lysa

L

O

L

never played dirty. The one crazy aunt starts a war by lying that innocent Jaime and Cersei poisoned Arryn, even if she did it.

Stanners kills people with shadows and leeches and burns people to get favourable winds.

1. Yes. Not sure if I want her to remain on the iron throne for long though. Probably wouldn't like it if she reinstates a Targ dynasty.

2. She is certainly not a villain. far from it. I see her as a positive figure with all her flaws. She may yet succumb to the dark side she hasn't so far. In fact, I think she was quite restrained.

3. I like the Starks, and would hate it if they don't come back to rule the north, but don't care much for the others. Don't hate most of them, just don't care. If she is extra cruel the innocents among them I would be sympathetic towards them.

I personal think for the small folk a strong central government is good. The nobles fighting among themselves is usually at the cost of the small folk. I also think Dany has learned a lot from her experience in Meereen and has the potential to be a good ruler. she certainly has the intent and now she also knows the difficulties. Her army is pretty disciplined comparing to the armies of the Westerosi lords and is not likely to abuse the people if she does not allow it. I also do not see her hurting the children. certainly not the Stark children who pose no threat to her, and probably not the Lannisters as well if she can defeat their forces and get rid of Cersei and Jaime (possibility also Tyrion).

She may indeed become a more dark character and which case things will take a different turn. but I am not sure this will happen.

How can Stannis be the rightful king when Rhaegar's son and sister are still alive and kicking?

Because the Targ dynasty has been deposed. Stannis is the only living true-born Baratheon. If she can take it then its hers, but she does not have a claim other than power.

1. Do you support Dany's conquest of Westeros?

No i do not.

*cough* Usurper's dogs *cough* *cough*

3. Are the noble families (not smallfolk) really worth your sympathy when they've already done what Dany's trying to do?

Have they? Have they caused misery and chaos through unbelievable incompetence?

stannis is the true king of his own pants nothin else, he doesnt deserve to rule if u dpont have the people with u, u cant rule so no and aegon got a better claim than him.

Because the Targ dynasty has been deposed. Stannis is the only living true-born Baratheon. If she can take it then its hers, but she does not have a claim other than power.

well the true BARATHEONS have been deposed to i dont see any real baratheon on the iron throne, and by the right of conquest the lions rule now it only took cersei to bed and wed the idiot robert theres your right of conquest

Because the Targ dynasty has been deposed.

All hail Jaime Lannister

Because he is the guy who deposed the King. and his bannermen eradicated most of the heirs.

Bobbie killed Rhaegar while he was a prince. Stanners was unable to catch the remaining heirs.

Nothing deposed here.

And if you go by such logic, give the fucking crown to Jaime. He deposed of the dynasty, not Stanners.

1.I went from full supporter when she was something of an underdog to indifferent now that she has 3 dragons, an Unsullied Army, 1 maybe 2 sellsword companies, possibly an iron born fleet, and... hell lets throw in tyrion and barristan for good measure. Seriously she went from being Zambia to freakin' USA at the olympics.!

2. I don't see her conquest as villainous, but its likely the other players might view it as so considering the people she might come with. No one likes the Iron born, so that's strike 1, No one likes Tyrion, strike 2, and if her people follow her, that's a lot of people who are going to want to be settled, that would be

strike 3. And I haven't gone into the possibilities of the Dothraki coming with her too. For all we know, they may want another Dothraki sea in westeros. Oh... then there's those dragons she hasn't learned to control yet.

Note to Dany: You might want your dragons train your dragons to oney another word that isn't Dracarys. The Valyrian word for "sit", maybe?

3. As for the nobles; I woudn't give a rat's arse if anything happens to any of them except maybe Sansa. I don't really consider Jon & Arya to be nobles.

That is theft, in the eyes of the Seven and Andal law he is a usurper, period. And Aegon does have a claim, a lawful and rightful claim.

Right of conquest is no true right, it is a man made construct not agreed on by all, the right of succession through the male line is a hallowed tradition in the eyes of the seven. And in the end when it comes to Monarchy the only real right is divine right.

That is theft, in the eyes of the Seven and Andal law he is a usurper, period. And Aegon does have a claim, a lawful and rightful claim.

My friend no it isn't. If this is true the Florents would be kings of the reach and the Volmarks would the rulers of the II.

well the true BARATHEONS have been deposed to i dont see any real baratheon on the iron throne, and by the right of conquest the lions rule now it only took cersei to bed and wed the idiot robert theres your right of conquest

They do not claim the IT as Lannisters or take credit for killing Robert to legitimize a Baratheon deposition. They legitimize their power through a Baratheon guise. Their power is fragile or they would own it outright. Come on. I'm not being a Stan Stan here and if Dany takes it, then its hers. Just don't say it is rightfully hers by law.

All hail Jaime Lannister

Because he is the guy who deposed the King. and his bannermen eradicated most of the heirs.

Bobbie killed Rhaegar while he was a prince. Stanners was unable to catch the remaining heirs.

Nothing deposed here.

And if you go by such logic, give the fucking crown to Jaime. He deposed of the dynasty, not Stanners.

No. First he broke his vow when all was lost, justified, but he did. Also, he got up out of the seat and did not make a claim. Good grief.

Archived