[TWOW Spoilers] NEW Chapter Discussion - "Mercy"

TeamMartell

As I said back in the chapter name thread, Harys Swyft is in Braavos here, clearly placing this after Kevan's epilogue chronologically.

I'm not clear what to make of that. Was Kevan's chapter not supposed to be the epilogue originally? It'd be weird to just drop in a single-chapter POV like that right at the end of the book.

As I said back in the chapter name thread, Harys Swyft is in Braavos here, clearly placing this after Kevan's epilogue chronologically.

I'm not clear what to make of that. Was Kevan's chapter not supposed to be the epilogue originally? It'd be weird to just drop in a single-chapter POV like that right at the end of the book.

I think he writes one character at a time out to a certain point and then goes back. He could have written Arya out to this point, and then realized that he'd pushed her out of the timeline of ADWD here.

Loved the use of The Bloody Hand, so was Mercy playing Sansa's role in the play?

Because of the changes in the TV series, I'd forgotten it was Raff who killed Lommy Greenhands so when he said the line, I got genuine chills.

I hope this is only 1 of many Arya chapters we'll get in WoW

Brilliant stuff, i think my favourite chapter of the series so far.

A few thoughts; a Forel, perhaps a relation of Syrio. I imagine due to the nature of the play he has written, those who believe that Syrio is alive will be stirred up somewhat.

Who is Arya playing in the play? Clearly, the play is supposed to show the death of King Robert and the aftermath. Who could Arya be, that is raped and then murdered? My only thoughts were Elia (a different war) and Lollys (not murdered).

Ser Harys Swyft and his guards: they mention the Queen. They were obviously in the Red Keep when Kevan died, so things didnt completely deteriorate. Cersei is obviously still in some sort of power; unless the "queen" is Marg, but that doesnt seem to fit what Rafford says.

Arya truly is becoming a young Lyanna...and seemingly will be exceptionally beautiful!

Daena; sounds Valyrian.

The Black Pearl rears her head again!

The Sealord must have some connection to the Iron Bank; that was why the Westerosi were going to Braavos in the first place.

Harys Swyft's wife: do we know who she is? I dont recall her being mentioned before now, but it appears she is at King's Landing.

Who was the old guard with Raff? Anyone know?

And finally....Arya is ticking of her list! :commie: :commie: :commie:

Wonderful George. Truly wonderful :bowdown:

I wonder how accurately Arya portrays her sister on stage :D

Yeah, I didn't get that at first, but that's clearly the implication.

Who is Arya playing in the play? Clearly, the play is supposed to show the death of King Robert and the aftermath. Who could Arya be, that is raped and then murdered? My only thoughts were Elia (a different war) and Lollys (not murdered).

She's playing Sansa, supposedly raped by Tyrion, as far as most people know.

I got the reference to Harys Swyft while I was reading it but who was the Black Pearl?

A Braavosi courtesan Arta meets during Dance. Or possibly Feast. She is said to be descended from a Dragon Prince who took one of her ancestors as a lover

Archived