How do i find or read sample chapters?

Annara Snow

New pinned topic for those looking.

One simple rule applies and will be rigidly enforced - ONLY legal means of locating or reading sample material may be referenced. No links to copyright-infringing materials, or other advice that may encourage copyright infringement: anyone posting such will have their post deleted and additional measures may be taken against you.

Legal ways of reading sample chapters:

-GRRM posts one chapter on his page (the new Arya chapter now)

-in the ADWD paperback there is one TWOW chapter (in my kindle version is the Theon chapter)

-some other chapters are not published anywhere, but GRRM has read them on conventions, so there are summaries in the forums

(I think there was one of the Arianne II and the Barristan chapter)

-for some characters there is TWOW information in the wiki of this forum (like Barristan Selmy)

I wanted to install the app, but it says, it is incompatible with my phone? is there any other legal way to read the tyrion chapter?

I have a cheap Samsung phone and a Note 8. It's incompatible with both devices. I tried to install the APK directly but it won't work because you have to download stuff and it won't let you if your phone isn't compatible.

:( it's sad

I searched for the Barristan chapter with no success. Is there perhaps a link?

No. If it is out there, it isn't out there legally. But hey, you can go to your local bookstore and find the paperback copy and sit down for like 5 minutes if you want to read it legally.

Thank you Fragile Bird who provided this link, which is a handy way of keeping track of what has been released for tWoW so far

This is very helpful. Thanks.

No. If it is out there, it isn't out there legally. But hey, you can go to your local bookstore and find the paperback copy and sit down for like 5 minutes if you want to read it legally.

I'm from Brazil, so there's no way to read the Barristan Selmy chapter? I searched for it and couldn't find it at all. Is there a kindle version I can buy with the chapter?

The only chapter I haven't read because I just can't find it :(

I'm from Brazil, so there's no way to read the Barristan Selmy chapter? I searched for it and couldn't find it at all. Is there a kindle version I can buy with the chapter?

The only chapter I haven't read because I just can't find it :(

Search the link Florence posted. You may find something you're looking for :)

at least there are very detailed summaries of the chapters one might not be able to acess on this forum. it's not the same as reading george's words, but you'll know what happens and well, just have to wait for twow to be published. it depends on how long it will take, but maybe those chapters will be published for everyone in time.

But hey, you can go to your local bookstore and find the paperback copy and sit down for like 5 minutes if you want to read it legally.

Regarding the Selmy chapter embedded with the recently-released ADwD paperback...

Local libraries throughout the U.S. have the ADwD paperback as well, and some even have the updated e-book, for 2-week checkout. Simply check the book out at the counter (or online) and enjoy. Perfectly legal and a good example of our taxes at work.

Even the D&E and TP&tQ short stories in the anthologies can be read this way....with a library membership of course.