How do i find or read sample chapters?

Annara Snow

I believe GRRM mentioned some time ago that there will be no more sample chapters released.

The sample chapters also introduce more questions than they provide answers, little can be discerned from them that tells of the outcome of the TWOWs two largest events (from what we know), the battle of the North and the battle of Mereen.

Edited by Vvornth

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I read it last week and didn't even think of posting the link. Thanks for thinking of it!

I thought it was really good, right up until the end where she

kind of tried to replicate what she did back at the inn with the Mountain. I mean she doesn't need to say "is there something wrong with your legs; do I need to carry you" to every scum from Harrenhal she kills, does she?

You're mixing up book Arya with show Arya. As far as I know she doesn't do this twice.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

See I have mixed feelings about this. It is a cool thing to be able to read a chapter from one of the books, but if he starts pouring samples out we will have half the book read before WoW is actually published. Then we will have to wait even longer for the final book ;).

I agree. I printed off one of the Tyrion chapters from ADwD. Practically memorized it ("Where do the whores go?").

By the time the book came out, I could barely make myself read it one more time.

I read the same bit. Martin says he will not read or release any new TWoW chapters.

Edited by sagewich

• 3 weeks later...

what is that app that u are talking for?

is it in the play store?

The apps is by Random House LLC.

iPhone - George R.R. Martin's World of Ice and Fire

Google - A Game of Thrones Guide

Updating:

Theon I Full text available in the full version of the app

Arianne I Full text available in the full version of the app

Arianne II (read, not published)

Barristan I (read, not published) Full text available in the full version of the app & US paperback

Victarion I (read, but transcribed)

Tyrion I (read, not published)

Barristan II (read, not published)

Tyrion II (app) Full text available in the full version of the app - (listed as Tyrion I in the app)

Mercy Current sample chapter on GRRM's website & Full text available in the full version of the app

Edited by Patrick Tully

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a torrent link to some, if not all, the winds of winter chapters.

You need Adobe reader to read it.

http://www.torrentdownloads.me/torrent/1659407430/GRRM+-+ASOIAF+-+The+Winds+of+Winter+-+excerpts+pdf

If there's any other chapters published that are not in the torrent could you let me know please.

Edited by TheBastardMaker

• 2 weeks later...

I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and in Google Play it says my device isn't compatible. It's only for tablets?

The availability depends on the country and on the type of device (Apple, Android) that you use. On Android it is only available in the US, if I recall correctly.

So I've got this WOIAF app, how do you get the Barristan and Tyrion chapters on it??? Thanks!

Is there an update available? The Tyrion chapter was released by app only, IIRC, so that should be in there anyhow...