What if?

The-Targaryen-Dog

So, i'm one of those people that always wonders what could have been if a character took a different turn or choice. For example, what if Joanna didnt die? Or Rhaegar was the brother to survive with Dany? So I thought this could be a mass topic for people to ask and answer questions and thoughts.

I'll start us off- What if Robb was the one to be paralysed by Jaime and Cersei?

He would have told someone and the lannisters would have had their heads on spikes.

Here's a great one: What if Robb had not gone to the Red Wedding? think of how many leaders (Balon, Tywin, Joffrey, Oberyn) people died during this span, he might have been able to "win" northern independence.

Ok, I will bite.

So Jon still goes to the wall...

So Robb is immobilized when Ned is arrested...does he still call the banners knowing he can't fight himself? If Bran goes in his place, he obvisouly doesn't lose the Frey partnership by hooking up with another girl.

Theon goes South in war and Robb never sends him to see Daddy and then never attacks Winterfell.

Robb stays at Winterfell and the Starks don't lose the North

Catelyn likely goes back to Winterfell since Robb is there and it hasn't been lost, or she stayed with Bran and he listens and doesn't send Theon to Iron islands

Since Winterfell isn't lost, Catelyn has no reason to release Jaime, and Karstark can have his revenge, and stays loyal to Starks.

goes on and on....

So, i'm one of those people that always wonders what could have been if a character took a different turn or choice. For example, what if Joanna didnt die? Or Rhaegar was the brother to survive with Dany? So I thought this could be a mass topic for people to ask and answer questions and thoughts.

I'll start us off- What if Robb was the one to be paralysed by Jaime and Cersei?

When we consider questions such as these, we have to take into account the butterfly effect. One seemingly minor change can lead to a very different story.

If Robb the heir was paralyzed there's a good chance Ned doesn't leave Winterfell.

Well, yes. Tywin would be a completely different person as well. There would be no incest, Oberyn would be married to Cersei and probably, Jaime to Lysa.

And that would also affect RR, which would affect Wo5K etc, etc... Completely different universe

Here's a "what if" I recently thought of:

What if the Westerlings' maester switched the moon tea Lady Sibyl was giving Jeyne with an actual fertility drink? Jeyne's mom thinks she's preventing all chance of a pregnancy, but is being outfoxed by a guy who wears chains. Don't think it's likely, but it's a lovely thought in some ways.

Here's a "what if" I recently thought of:

What if the Westerlings' maester switched the moon tea Lady Sibyl was giving Jeyne with an actual fertility drink? Jeyne's mom thinks she's preventing all chance of a pregnancy, but is being outfoxed by a guy who wears chains. Don't think it's likely, but it's a lovely thought in some ways.

Jeyne would probably get killed in the RW, like in the show, or we would get to a similar point in which we are now, but Manderly and the rest would be scheming to smuggle and hide a pregnant Jeyne. It's a cool idea, by the way

Here's another one:

What if Baelor Hightower hadn't farted that one time?

Jeyne would probably get killed in the RW, like in the show, or we would get to a similar point in which we are now, but Manderly and the rest would be scheming to smuggle and hide a pregnant Jeyne. It's a cool idea, by the way

Here's another one:

What if Baelor Hightower hadn't farted that one time?

Elia would have married him and not the ass clown. Cersei would have married Rhaegar and Rhaegar would have been murdered as soon as he mentioned polygamy. She may have gave birth to a true born Aegon and Rhaenys and the Targs would have a lion married to their dragon. If Tywin remains in KL baby Aegon goes under his wing and instead of being Cersei's clone he would be Jaime's, fo that is what being under Tywin's wing looks like. He would marry Marg because would have saw the marriage fruitful, why'll Rhaenys marries Baelor's heir, the second in line to hightower and nephew to prince doran. Under Tywin the Targaryens power reaches new heights and no one, even the STAB alliance, would be able to challenge them for a hundred years. Yes all this and more I see in my crystal ball.

My question: What if Elia and kids ran to Dorne?

Doran would have crowned Aegon. He could have offered to marry him to Margaery (and if it was me, I'd also offer to marry Rhaenys or Arianne to one of the Greyjoys). Mace and Paxter wouldn't have surrendered, so Storm's End eventually falls. Stannis and Renly become hostages or get killed. The rebels would have to march through the hostile Reach to get to an even more hostile Dorne, maybe even fighting Tywin (what he does in this scenario is anyone's guess) and the Ironborn (if Doran plays his cards well). So all in all, I think Robert and the rest eventually bend the knee

They might have been able to hide them there, but it would have been safer to ship them to Essos. They could have maybe gone to Norvos with Mellario. It still would have been a life of constant fear of being found out, but they might have been able to live in relative peace and happiness for a while. And Aegon could come back one day to claim the throne. Viserys, had he known of their survival, might have married Rhaenys and not been so awful to Dany.

...Bran goes in his place, he obvisouly doesn't lose the Frey partnership by hooking up with another girl.

Or he falls in love with a frog-eater.

Robb being disabled would result in Bolton or Umber leading the fight, then they return north as soon as the Iron Islanders attack, as Bolton/Umber don't appear to have southron ambitions.

What if Patchface had succeded in removing the stick from Stannis' ass?

Archived