Who will die? Jaime or Brienne?

jaimecersei

Beric did good because he didn't die in a moment of insanity or anger or loss. Beric also made it clear that more and more of HIM disappeared each time he returned. For me, it's not about, OH......so and so might be okay if they come back, it's about it not being worth the risk, IMO. For every decent Beric, how many monsters do we get? Ser Robert Strong? UnCat? I can't imagine an UnTywin would be a good idea, hell, he didn't have much humanity to begin with.

I'm not convinced Uncat is a monster, not by a long shot. She's got her son's crown. She runs an orphan's home. She gives people trials, she even gives Brienne a choice, it may be a harsh choice, but it's a choice nevertheless. She's running the BWB.

Granted, it appears to be more focused on the vengeance factor than the 'saving the smallfolk' factor than it was under Beric, but that doesn't make her a monster.

I'm not convinced Uncat is a monster, not by a long shot. She's got her son's crown. She runs an orphan's home. She gives people trials, she even gives Brienne a choice, it may be a harsh choice, but it's a choice nevertheless. She's running the BWB. .

Indeed. I'm definitely hesitant to call her a monster. I don't think she is. She might be a little more ruthless than Beric but I think that's needed. She is still searching for her daughters.. that doesn't strike me as a monster quality :)

@LostTime What was the point of giving me the US and male combatants? I'm sure I could find questionable practices during war for most countries in the past century. I'm not sure what the point was of posting to me about that, and I just realized that I didn't address it in the last post.

Is the US making zombies, too?

I'm not convinced Uncat is a monster, not by a long shot. She's got her son's crown. She runs an orphan's home. She gives people trials, she even gives Brienne a choice, it may be a harsh choice, but it's a choice nevertheless. She's running the BWB.

Granted, it appears to be more focused on the vengeance factor than the 'saving the smallfolk' factor than it was under Beric, but that doesn't make her a monster.

I am, and that is where we will differ. Putting a noose around Pod's neck tells me that. By her rules, any squire in the Stark army would still be eligible for a noose after a live capture. I call BS on that.

I also don't see her running an orphan's home, I see her as leaving those children out for bait. Look how well it worked at The Inn?

People can see it their own way, I have no problem with that, but I'm also not going to spend two pages of the thread pointing out our differences on a thread about Jaime and Brienne. Not to mention, I think we've each made our position clear, I don't think we'll change each other's mind, and I'm not really here to argue, just to post about a show I like.

ETA: I am sorry if that didn't come out right. I just wanted you to know I'm not one who comes to argue, that's all. I can respect that others will see it differently and hope that is ok between us.

just to post about a show I like.

ETA: I am sorry if that didn't come out right. I just wanted you to know I'm not one who comes to argue, that's all. I can respect that others will see it differently and hope that is ok between us.

ITS NOT OKAY! :P

Surely you came to post about the books you like :D

ITS NOT OKAY! :P

Surely you came to post about the books you like :D

I thought that said BOOBS!! Nah, ya got me wrong. I can compare and contrast boobs, though. ;)

ETA: See, I have both boards open, LOL and am trying to answer posts before I have to gooooooooooooo, LOL

Sorry about that. I am a book reader first. :blushing:

@LostTime What was the point of giving me the US and male combatants? I'm sure I could find questionable practices during war for most countries in the past century. I'm not sure what the point was of posting to me about that, and I just realized that I didn't address it in the last post.

Is the US making zombies, too?

It was more that there is precedent for her actions. Killing any and all Lannister/Frey/Bolton soldiers in the field is SOP for a war insurgency. Doesn't make her a monster that needs to be taken down above all else. And she's not doing it just because she's an undead zombie hankering for flesh. What she has the Brotherhood doing is almost normal, in the real world and especially in the story.

And I strongly support her massacres in the story. So Jaime and Brienne teaming up because of "true love" and ending her bloodlust is something I don't want to happen, not before at least taking back Riverrun and rescuing her brother which will require lots and lots of blood.

Beric did good because he didn't die in a moment of insanity or anger or loss. Beric also made it clear that more and more of HIM disappeared each time he returned. For me, it's not about, OH......so and so might be okay if they come back, it's about it not being worth the risk, IMO. For every decent Beric, how many monsters do we get? Ser Robert Strong? UnCat? I can't imagine an UnTywin would be a good idea, hell, he didn't have much humanity to begin with.

How is UnCat any more a monster then Beric? Seeing how he went around hang almost everyone he captured also. Heck, I would say that at least UnCat's trials seem to have some resemblance to evidence which was likely more then Beric ever asked for.

I am, and that is where we will differ. Putting a noose around Pod's neck tells me that. By her rules, any squire in the Stark army would still be eligible for a noose after a live capture. I call BS on that.

I also don't see her running an orphan's home, I see her as leaving those children out for bait. Look how well it worked at The Inn?

If you want to blame anyone for Pod's fate blame the Lannisters and Randyll Tarly, they are the ones that changed the game by turning everyone into a potential target. Simply, they didn't care about providing any mercy or justice when it is comes to their enemies and those they capture (Tarly hangs almost every BWB he catches) thus the BWB isn't required to show mercy to their enemy captives.

The orphan's home is hardly bait, especially seeing how it is likely partially set up a place to assist in the search for Arya thus explaining while Gendry is stationed there.

Quite frankly, UnCat is still less then a monster then numerous of her living enemies (including Jaime).

How is UnCat any more a monster then Beric? Seeing how he went around hang almost everyone he captured also. Heck, I would say that at least UnCat's trials seem to have some resemblance to evidence which was likely more then Beric ever asked for.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather compare and contrast boobs? On the characters, I mean? I think the trial for The Hound made it pretty clear, and the fact that it took a direct statement from Arya about Micah to even get a trial by combat, that Beric was different than LS. What actual crime is Hyle Hunt being hanged for? The actual murder of what character? There are no specific charges, just the charge of being a soldier. That in itself, along with Thoros' words about the differences in leadership speaks volumes to me. I'm all for as many dead, guilty Freys as I can find, but not this way. Personally, as a Cat fan, I'd rather see her find her eternal rest, the state she is in is not bringing her any happiness. The only thing that might is learning she has surviving children.

If you want to blame anyone for Pod's fate blame the Lannisters and Randyll Tarly, they are the ones that changed the game by turning everyone into a potential target. Simply, they didn't care about providing any mercy or justice when it is comes to their enemies and those they capture (Tarly hangs almost every BWB he catches) thus the BWB isn't required to show mercy to their enemy captives.

The orphan's home is hardly bait, especially seeing how it is likely partially set up a place to assist in the search for Arya thus explaining while Gendry is stationed there.

Quite frankly, UnCat is still less then a monster then numerous of her living enemies (including Jaime).

You hate Jaime, got it. Doesn't make LS's existance a good one. I like Cat, but not the creature she has become. I have some pity for it, but not much.

Archived