I don't get Sansa's dislike for Tyrion

Panos Targaryen

I think the hate is mostly to do with the fact that she shares her ableist mother's prejudice against dwarves. Undoubtedly, Sansa will also kidnap him and start a war. Unless she's too busy thinking up new ways to torment her bastard brother she also hates.

Yeah, threatening to kill/geld the king in front of his Kingsguard and court is pretty dangerous. I'm not saying he's a victim. But he risked his life and straight up insulted the king to protect Sansa and all he gets from her is indifference at best. Joffrey or Cersei could have easily used that as an excuse to have Tyrion executed. And eventually, they did, as they were later used in the trial as evidence that Tyrion wanted to kill Joffrey.

:bawl:

She doesn't owe him anything more.

and even included him on her list of people whose safety she prayed for during the Blackwater battle. She even thought afterward that he was "kind" for not raping her on their wedding night.

"I will pray for your safe return, my lord. Just as I pray for the King’s."

you do realise that She prayed that he would die, not that he'd return.

I have to agree with the OP

You do realise that's only in the show, right?

edit: Oops, I was too slow.

Anyway, this topic's repeated existence has always baffled enemy. Tyrion was the enemy. End of story. yeah, he did a few nice things for Sansa, so what? Honestly she should've hated him much more.

Yep he still used her trying to lay claim to Winterfell, and he never even gave her back to her mother like he said he would.

So? He could've done it before she died.

There was no explicit promise made. His counter-offer was for Jaime's release and the fealty of Robb. Even if you count releasing Jaime to *hopefully* make it back alive to KL, there is still the question of Robb's fealty. Nah, Tyrion didn't owe Cat anything.

:bawl:

She doesn't owe him anything more.

As previously mentioned, those beatings would have eventually killed her. Meryn's armored hand hitting her face with full force could have killed her or caused serious injury. Then him hitting her with his sword... it wouldn't end well. Tyrion put a stop to that. So yeah, you could say she owes him his life.

OH, this again... Last week I saw only one post "she had to widen her legs and let Tyrion have her" I was wondering where the spring madness will start...

I totally agree with OP. What a bitch!!! I mean, she is forced to marry an enemy and she is being unkind. He hypocritically organizes a wedding and then "offer" her the way out and that bitch does not kneel and voluntarily surrender to her. Tyrion who never actually makes any sacrifice because of Sansa deserve her compassion, love, and yeah, her vagina. Can you just imagine how much of character development we would have seen if she was the good girl (for instance such as Arya) and slept with him? I mean, the guy deserves Medal of Honor. After all, it is a rare thing not to rape 12 year-old child. Then, that bitch finds the solace when her family is finally finished, not giving Tyrion (who, btw, is a member of the family who slaughtered hers) chance to console her. And let me not start with the fact that the ungrateful Sansa actually ran away from the kind, gentle soul Tyrion was, who never in the books admitted himself that he lusts for her (oh sorry, he did that). I mean, she is the worst...

IDK whether you have read the books, but that never happened in them...

Remember that we as readers are privy to Tyrion's thoughts, which Sansa never is. We can understand the situation between Tyrion's view of the situation between him and Sansa, as well as the situation between Tyrion and the rest of his family, because we see it happening from inside Tyrion's head. We get Tyrion's backstory as well, which he also doesn't share with Sansa.

It's not very fair to judge Sansa on knowledge that we have and she has no way of knowing.

I'm not going to get further involved in this, but:

We actually her POV when she does the praying. And lo and behold, she does pray for Tyrion (and not in a deathwish capacity):

She sang with those inside the castle walls and those without, sang with all the city. She sang for mercy, for the living and the dead alike, for Bran and Rickon and Robb, for her sister Arya and her bastard brother Jon Snow, away off on the Wall.

and finally, toward the end, she even sang for Tyrion the Imp and for the Hound. He is no true knight but he saved me all the same, she told the Mother. Save him if you can, and gentle the rage inside him.

For contrast, she gets disgusted and leaves the sept when they start singing prayers for Joffrey.

ETA: don't know about anyone else, but I don't think praying for someone is the sort of thing you do when you really dislike them.

As previously mentioned, those beatings would have eventually killed her. Meryn's armored hand hitting her face with full force could have killed her or caused serious injury. Then him hitting her with his sword... it wouldn't end well. Tyrion put a stop to that. So yeah, you could say she owes him his life.

A person doesn't owe their captors anything for not killing them.

Just because Tyrion unlocked the basic human decency with that act doesn't mean she owes him anything.

Sansa mistrusts Tyrion because he's a Lannister. She acknowledges that he's better than the other Lannisters, but he's still a Lannister and her family is at war with the Lannisters, making him her enemy. She worries that he is being nice to her to draw her out and get her to say something treasonous that she can then be punished for, and decides that opening up to him would be too risky. Given what she knows and doesn't know about Tyrion and the Lannisters generally, it's a sound and prudent choice. I think she and Tyrion could have become a happy couple if she'd opened up to him, so it saddens me, but I don't blame her in the slightest.

OH, this again... Last week I saw only one post "she had to widen her legs and let Tyrion have her" I was wondering where the spring madness will start...

I totally agree with OP. What a bitch!!! I mean, she is forced to marry an enemy and she is being unkind. He hypocritically organizes a wedding and then "offer" her the way out and that bitch does not kneel and voluntarily surrender to her. Tyrion who never actually makes any sacrifice because of Sansa deserve her compassion, love, and yeah, her vagina. Can you just imagine how much of character development we would have seen if she was the good girl (for instance such as Arya) and slept with him? I mean, the guy deserves Medal of Honor. After all, it is a rare thing not to rape 12 year-old child. Then, that bitch finds the solace when her family is finally finished, not giving Tyrion (who, btw, is a member of the family who slaughtered hers) chance to console her. And let me not start with the fact that the ungrateful Sansa actually ran away from the kind, gentle soul Tyrion was, who never in the books admitted himself that he lusts for her (oh sorry, he did that). I mean, she is the worst...

IDK whether you have read the books, but that never happened in them...

I know, right. Poor Tyrion. Nobody likes him. Sansa is so stupid.

He recognized that the child they were holding hostage was a human being? What a saint!

She doesn't owe him anything.

Sansa is a hostage of King's Landing and Tyrion is a member of the family that is holding her hostage, not to mention responsible for her father's beheading and the systematic annihilation of her entire family. I would also like to point out that the brunt of her "lady's courtesy/armor" or icy indifference begins to occur after The Red Wedding.

I too found Sansa's behavior towards Tyrion to be rather obnoxious, but at the same time I understand where she is coming from and I do not hold it against her. Refusing to kneel for Tyrion at the wedding ceremony was her only way of showing defiance towards the wedding, and it is the first time we really see her take agency with her actions, small and futile though they may be.

Someone mentioned that Jaime found himself in a similar position to Tyrion where another arranged marriage was concerned and Jaime told Tywin to F off, but you have to also realize that Jaime and Tyrion are both held with very different levels of esteem with their father. Jaime was in a much stronger position to defy his father in part because he was not 100% reliable on Tywin. Tyrion, on the other hand, is 100% reliable on Tywin. And let's be honest, until Tyrion was screwed over by both his sister and his father following the Purple Wedding, he was absolutely loyal to them despite loathing them. Love them or hate him, they were his family ... until they weren't.

There's no reason we cannot appreciate both the good and the bad in both Sansa and Tyrion. It makes for far better and more well-rounded characters when they have both positive and negative qualities to spur discussions such as these. :)

Archived