Is Sansa going to be placed in deeper (no pun intended!) sexual situations in the latter books?

He's an old man. She could probably bat her eyes and then tell him what he's supposed to think. It's a variation on the Jedi mind trick.

Ew. I can't imagine that after Dontos AND LF, Sansa will be interested in trying to engage in age-inappropriate flirting with another father figure.

IMO, Sansa would be better served by jogging Bronze Yohn's memory through what she can remember of Waymar, his son, who was with him in Winterfell. Sansa remembered that she'd fallen madly in little-girl love with him, and due to that she could probably be very detailed in her memories, and besides proving her identity, she can simultaneously bring a tear to the old man's eye with the evocation of his poor lost son and overwhelm his feeling heart.

Sincerity. If you can fake that, you've got it made. :)

yes. he's their lord who makes them all uneasy and queasy and has them looking askance at one another as they nervously contemplate the future. So if he orders something that's not the status quo but a departure from Vale-as-usual, people will automatically sort of curtsey and say Yes, m'lord, but they'll also be looking at one another to gauge if anyone else is taking the little lord seriously, and if Bronze or someone like that doesn't then it may quickly become understood that the Arryn just needs a nap or something.

You mean they'll disobey orders? I don't see why. They followed crazy Lysa because she was his regent.

I meant when the LD's are leaving.

Then post the quote yourself :P

Honestly they don't need someone to confirm that Sansa is Sansa. Her Tully looks should be enough.

Not really. She could be a Tully bastard (either from Hoster, Brynden if he isn't gay and maybe Edmure) who LF passed as his daughter for some reason.

The only thing that could possibly question the "authority" of Sweetrobin - excluding Littlefinger of course - over the Vale is his illness. And even that could be handled. The Vale lords could easily request the Elder Brother to come to the Bloody Gate - if he isn't there already - to help Sweetrobin. The Elder Brother is an exceptional healer that accomplishes things that an average Maester can't. Perhaps he could do something about his illness.

I don't think so. It's epilepsy. I doubt anything the Westerosi know can really cure that. And, as someone else said, his father was the Hand of the King. He had vast resources to find the best possible healer for his son.

Taking control of the boy! (which sounds so wrong!) Arryn has been within reach for a while now, so yes she can direct him to make people fly or whatever, but the reason she's been "entrusted" with that power is it's a crippled power, as crippled as the Arryn, so Pete isn't really trusting her with all that much....... or so he mistakenly thinks??? Is he mistaken, tho? If she's going to make a move on her own, she'll need to inspire confidence in her new direction..... and Robert Arryn is no good at inspiring confidence. So Pete feels there's no play for Sansa there. How would she prove him wrong. She'd need to set up some windmills for her sancho panza arryn to charge at and defeat so public opinion of the boy would change from "holy shit we've got a liability here!" to "holy shit this kid rocks!" I don't know how to turn Robert into a Beiber Kid sensation in the Vale, you know?

While I agree that SR inspires no confidence whatsoever, IMO it takes a special kind of depravity to decide a child is a lost cause at the age of eight and have him murdered...especially when he's not going to be ruler anyway for years, AND especially when he IS (however scrawny and unappealing) the last of adored Jon Arryn's line. I think relatively few lords would have the stomach to take him down too openly.

Kids can outgrow childhood seizures. SR may yet overcome his upbringing to become at least an acceptable ruler.

While I agree that SR inspires no confidence whatsoever, IMO it takes a special kind of depravity to decide a child is a lost cause at the age of eight and have him murdered...especially when he's not going to be ruler anyway for years, AND especially when he IS (however scrawny and unappealing) the last of adored Jon Arryn's line. I think relatively few lords would have the stomach to take him down too openly.

Kids can outgrow childhood seizures. SR may yet overcome his upbringing to become at least an acceptable ruler.

Unless he makes one of them fly instigated artfully by ours truly LF.

I'll drop it, because we should assume they'll follow orders, but I'll also say there's a difference between following the orders of an "eccentric" Lysa--a direct adult connection to Jon who knew his will and was supposedly continuing it--and following the orders of an "obviously spazzing" kid who's all of a sudden busting out with life-and-death stuff they're not accustomed to. The one is like when a senator's widow is trusted to carry on in his stead, the other is like if Pauly Shore was that senator's oddball son who tried to win that special election on a "Legalize it!" campaign. (more eyebrows would be raised, and more "the hell you say!" would generally ensue.)

Archived