Howland Reed's Moving Castle

Ghost of Groat

Not big enough to house a castle and not nearly saasy enough though :D

You know Martin loves Turtles. Wait you wanta giant sassy turtle, that might be kind of tough. Does it need a sassy turtle walk and maybe matching sassy turtle accessories? Cause that could be tough to fit into the books.

How about a giant turtle doing giant swings on a giant high bar? Plus he dances.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-Jpb8MRhs

Wasn't there a swamp castle in Monty Python's Holy Grail?

...on a side note: who is the Brave Ser Robin of asoiaf?

If anything is a reference to THAT castle, it's Stormsend

Just replace "sank into the swamp" with "was blasted down by a hurricane"...

When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England.

You know Martin loves Turtles. Wait you wanta giant sassy turtle, that might be kind of tough. Does it need a sassy turtle walk and maybe matching sassy turtle accessories? Cause that could be tough to fit into the books.

How about a giant turtle doing giant swings on a giant high bar? Plus he dances.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-Jpb8MRhs

Have you watched the Neverending story as an adult? Because that turtle has some seriously snarky saws! That's what I want the Greywater Turtle to be like :D

Have you watched the Neverending story as an adult? Because that turtle has some seriously snarky saws! That's what I want the Greywater Turtle to be like :D

Never saw it as a kid, I only saw it as an adult, and yes I understand the Snarky turtle hermit, basicaly you want the Ghost of High Heart to be a giant Turtle. I may be able to find a turtle costume for her,, but only the space gods of Japan can make her a giant. The upside would be she could use her turbo jets to spin fly to the wall.

Wait so does this make Quaithe the Southern Oracle and the Others are the Nothing?

Never saw it as a kid, I only saw it as an adult, and yes I understand the Snarky turtle hermit, basicaly you want the Ghost of High Heart to be a giant Turtle. I may be able to find a turtle costume for her,, but only the space gods of Japan can make her a giant. The upside would be she could use her turbo jets to spin fly to the wall.

Wait so does this make Quaithe the Southern Oracle and the Others are the Nothing?

No, I want Howland's castle to be built on the back of a snarky sassy turtle and for them to have a sassy back and forth relationship.

And yes, Quaithe is definitely the Southern Oracle and Others are totally the Nothing.

Question is, who's the Emptiness? Faceless Men or Citidale?

No, I want Howland's castle to be built on the back of a snarky sassy turtle and for them to have a sassy back and forth relationship.

And yes, Quaithe is definitely the Southern Oracle and Others are totally the Nothing.

Question is, who's the Emptiness? Faceless Men or Citidale?

Bloodraven is the Emptiness/Long night, the Faceless Men are the G'Mork symbolized by the big bad Wolf Arya, Dany is Atreyu, Drogo was Atrax, Drogon is Falcor (Just give him Falcors voice Grrrr Time for a little Fire and Luck Dany, and Jon is the princess in the tower who needs to know his mothers name (it's close enough) and the readers are Sebastian, and lets face it the books are never ending.

Bloodraven is the Emptiness/Long night, the Faceless Men are the G'Mork symbolized by the big bad Wolf Arya, Dany is Atreyu, Drogo was Atrax, Dragon is Falcor (Just give him Falcors voice Grrrr Time for a little Fire and Luck Dany, and Jon is the princess in the tower who needs to know his mothers name (it's close enough) and the readers are Sebastian, and lets face it the books are never ending.

Completely agree :D

Most likely, but since this is a harmless fun topic, I think he'd probably chuckle a bit

Probably, it is interesting to note that Jon and Dany's symbolism is inverted in the story, Jon is associated with the Blue Rose, even Dany sees this though she doesn't know Jon and Dany often is not only spoken of as Rhaegar but has seen herself as him in her dreams. So the actual parallel to the NES works perfectly.

my friend only recently got into the series so when he was talking the other day of howls moving castle i was like "you mean howlands moving castle?"

he was like "yeah howl an his moving castle"

this went on for way longer than it should have before he explained he was talking about something completely different and had no idea who howland reed was.

way to long lol

Being Irish I recognised what a Crannog was - we had school trips to see recreations. They're houses built on lakes back in the Iron age which makes them easily defended. Although I never heard of ones that could move.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crannog

Also Alfred the Great was based in a marsh / swamp when he was fighting the Vikings in the 8th century. The vikings couldn't find their way in the marsh but the English could move quickly and ambush them as they knew the terrain.

That wiki page is gold. Look at that etymology! Tree, young tree, crow's nest? And may I say, I love Ireland and will definitely visit... one day.

Well, just to clarify, the reference is rather referring to the book by Diana Wynne Jones (1986), NOT the animated movie by Studio Ghibli. One very simple argument to support this claim: It cannot refer to the movie, because the movie is from 2004, way after ASOS was released. :P

Partybreaker :P

I knew film was adapted from a book, I just couldn't resist shoehorning Martin and Miyazaki in the same sentence :)

Archived