Football LXIX - I'm running out of title ideas

baxus

How on earth did you manage to buy him? Most of my players are loans from other clubs as I'm absolutely awful at signing players. My best player is Dave Kitson and an Australian called Ryan Williams, the latter is especially good. Though I never let him play any international matches.

What club were you managing if Dave Kitson is you're star signing?

On Football Manager and Pastore he's still quality in FM 14 but i preferred my 8.75 million signing of Christian Tello for my Spurs team which is like something out of a Football Manager's wettest dreams

Well, I'd say I'm a football management genius, but the fact that Newcastle will buy Carlton Cole for £8.5m at the beginning of the game says a lot more.

What club were you managing if Dave Kitson is you're star signing?

On Football Manager and Pastore he's still quality in FM 14 but i preferred my 8.75 million signing of Christian Tello for my Spurs team which is like something out of a Football Manager's wettest dreams

He's not even a signing, came with the club. I'm Oxford City, well on my way to make the play offs, if not automatic promotion. The unfortunate thing about the club is that several contracts expire a year after you start the game, and almost none of them want to renew, unless you pay them ridiculous wages, which I can't.

My best signing is a guy called Hugo Fernandez.at DM. He's a loan though.

Dortmund are getting smashed. A shame, though rather inevitable. Hopefully with a few players back they can do better in the second leg, though I can't see a comeback.

Whoever replaces Lewandowski is going to be so critical to them.

I've heard Edin Dzeko linked with Dortmund several times over the last year or two. If City intends to go with a lone striker up front (maybe occasionally two for flavour), Dzeko may be deemed surplus with Aguero, Negredo, and Jovetic all on the bench.

Oxford City.

Well, this might explain why you have trouble attracting world class players. ;)

Look for free agents, and continental players nearing the end of their contracts. Scour the transfer lists for bargains. You should be able to fashion a competitive squad from free players, actually, the most important thing you'll need is a good scout.

He's not even a signing, came with the club. I'm Oxford City, well on my way to make the play offs, if not automatic promotion. The unfortunate thing about the club is that several contracts expire a year after you start the game, and almost none of them want to renew, unless you pay them ridiculous wages, which I can't.

My best signing is a guy called Hugo Fernandez.at DM. He's a loan though.

Good scouts good youth set up and most importantly a good tactic and you can walk the lower leagues. The contract part is obviously hard but if you're doing well than the board might be able to help

Well, this might explain why you have trouble attracting world class players. ;)

Hah, no, I barely try and sign anyone of that caliber. I've mostly stuck to loans so far, mostly because I'm trying to keep the players I have. The contracts will certainly expire though, I've also managed to piss off Kitson between my initial post and this one ( I subbed him because he got injured during a match, he then got pissed off that I subbed him, and apparently I didn't handle that well and he's now requesting a transfer request)

I have an okay scout, I'll be looking to replace him at some point. But at this point, I quite want to keep one specific player, think I might sell Kitson, I already have a replacement in the squad so that should be taken care off. 2nd in the league right now, I should be get promoted.

Benteke has torn his Achilles in training today, apparently. Bad news for him and Belgium, worse news for Villa. Or is it too late for them to get dragged back into the battle?

He's out for the season and the WC.

Feel really bad for the feller. It was a risk moving to a bigger league where there was every chance he would sink, but has thrived, improved hugely as a player and proved his worth to the national team, but then this happens. Poor man.

I don't know, I think it'll look okay. The bigger problem is that every other Adidas club will be wearing the same thing too. Boring!

That's one reason I quite like Liverpool playing in Warrior kits.

Their this season's home kit really is nothing extraordinary, the away kit is a horror-show and third kit is neither here nor there, but they do stand out.

On the other hand, I'm a bit of Adidas fanboy so I wish they still played in their shirts.

Archived