A Theory about the Sansa Unkiss

SansaUnkiss

because even if it was a mis-write, in arya's pov when sandor is dying, he mentions he should havetaken her, but never did. all she did was sing to him. he never mentions a kiss, and in that moment, id think he would, just to piss arya off into killing him

At a minimum, I think we should be all able to agree that we should be skeptical of Sansa's version of events when they are directly contradicted by another witness.

but are there any other "writing mishaps" that have occured which throws her opinions into question? i cant think of any other event that would do so.

She had had a bit of wine when the unkiss happened. If it sets up a precedent, I think she will get drunk, possibly serving "lies and arbor gold" to someone, and then will misremember what actually happened or do something stupid. She can even give her true identity away to someone and possibly not remember it afterwards.

At a minimum, I think we should be all able to agree that we should be skeptical of Sansa's version of events when they are directly contradicted by another witness.

I have to agree with the poster who mentioned that the idea of the Unkiss is memory related, not in the moment related. Considering The Hound had his lips thisclose to Sansa to begin with......I don't think there's much more to it than her habit of romantizing things, sometimes.

I think that people are blowing up the fact that Sansa is an unreliable narrator far too much. Sansa couldn't have misremembered that forced kiss of Littlefinger, because it happened right in front of us. Being an unreliable narrator means you alter your memories to make it more bearable for yourself.

As for the unkiss. I believe that she accidentally warged the Hound. It makes the promise of grrm explaining the unkiss so much more exciting.

Lady dying was strictly symbolism and metaphorical, and began sansa's journey away from being a lady and being more humbled. However, while one would think it's Arya's fault, which i interpret it is, it was Cersei just being a bitch as Nymeria was nowhere in sight. For all intents and purposes, Nymeria should've died.

You mean after he impulsively cuts her friends face to the bone lol?

Sure, after Sansa impulsively strutted in such a way that impulsively questioned Joffrey's manhood, forcing him to impulsively slash at the first available male to prove his impulsive dominance.

I think the hound doesn't mention the kiss when he confesses to arya, because Sansa kissed him and he was quite surprised by it himself. When Cersei talks to Sansa that night, she schools her that a womans most important weapon is between her legs, and tells her that she would try to seduce Stannis if he should succeed in taking the city, if she didn't know it was futile in his particular case. When the Hound crazed from battle and drunk threatens Sansa with a knife she takes cersei's advice and kisses him to survive. This behaviour while successful shames her, as it stands in contrast to the values she has been raised with, and she therefore ommits the information/suppresses the memory for a while.

"Stockholm Syndrome" is overused on this forum, in my opinion. Sansa's the sort to make up things in her head at times, she lets her emotions strongly influence her interpretations and memory of events. She was doing this well before being a captive and regarding events before her captivity. She is also not the only character who has this tendency. As for being naive, there's also that.

:agree: a 100%

I think the hound doesn't mention the kiss when he confesses to arya, because Sansa kissed him and he was quite surprised by it himself. When Cersei talks to Sansa that night, she schools her that a womans most important weapon is between her legs, and tells her that she would try to seduce Stannis if he should succeed in taking the city, if she didn't know it was futile in his particular case. When the Hound crazed from battle and drunk threatens Sansa with a knife she takes cersei's advice and kisses him to survive. This behaviour while successful shames her, as it stands in contrast to the values she has been raised with, and she therefore ommits the information/suppresses the memory for a while.

Wait what? :stillsick: Such thing didn't happen. I think that Sandor would especially brag about that to Arya.

Wait what? :stillsick: Such thing didn't happen. I think that Sandor would especially brag about that to Arya.

"And not only did she SING to me, but then I TOOK a kiss from that little bird as well! Ha! She struggled at first, but then as i wriggled my tongue in her little beak, she sucked at it like a bird gets a worm! Kill me you wolf bitch!"

ETA: and you know thats EXACTLY how thatd go down, I know my Sandor Clegane.

"And not only did she SING to me, but then I TOOK a kiss from that little bird as well! Ha! She struggled at first, but then as i wriggled my tongue in her little beak, she sucked at it like a bird gets a worm! Kill me you wolf bitch!"

ETA: and you know thats EXACTLY how thatd go down, I know my Sandor Clegane.

lololol

THat you do

For 2 seconds I thought you were quoting some of the text I hadn't looked at in awhile xD

Archived