The Dashing Lord Snow

specialsnowflake

First post but I just wanted to say that I think he may look more like Rhaegar than anyone realizes because the dark coloring throws them off. They only see the Stark dark hair and eyes and don't notice the features that could be similar to Rhaegar's. The other characters expect him to look like a Stark they aren't looking for similarities to the Targaryens.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking too... welcome! :)

• 2 weeks later...

In my personal opinion, just because Jon bears a strong resemblance to Ned does not mean that he is plain-looking. Jon is the dark and brooding type, with brown hair, a long and narrow face and dark grey eyes. I doubt many ladies would find that unappealing. I reckon that Jon is a considerably handsome young man who has an aura about him that makes women want to sleep with him on the spot (with examples to Ygritte, Val, Alys and to a lesser extent Melisandre). Shireen even seems to have a crush on him. He's got the Valyrian sword, the title of Lord Commander, the heritage of the Starks, the scars, the experience of battle and love, a grasp on leadership.

Come on, I know that some beautiful parents produce average children, but Lyanna is described as a "wild beauty" and Rhaegar was beyond perfection. I reckon Jon is in the middle ground between handsome and beautiful. Similar to his uncle Brandon and his uncle Benjen. I think Catelyn and Cersei were unreliable in their opinions of Jon, so I do not take their accounts as my own view.

We really need a female POV near him that is not a religious zealot or a batshit crazy Lannister queen. I reckon Arianne or Daenerys should do it. Hell, even Shireen or Val.

Some fanart I have seen is exactly how I see Jon:

When he's Lord Commander - http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23200000/jon-snow-jon-snow-23276702-824-969.jpg

During the Battle of Castle Black - http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23200000/jon-snow-jon-snow-23276699-600-400.jpg

In my personal opinion, just because Jon bears a strong resemblance to Ned does not mean that he is plain-looking. Jon is the dark and brooding type, with brown hair, a long and narrow face and dark grey eyes. I doubt many ladies would find that unappealing. I reckon that Jon is a considerably handsome young man who has an aura about him that makes women want to sleep with him on the spot (with examples to Ygritte, Val, Alys and to a lesser extent Melisandre). Shireen even seems to have a crush on him. He's got the Valyrian sword, the title of Lord Commander, the heritage of the Starks, the scars, the experience of battle and love, a grasp on leadership.

A Simple question: Do women find the Tully look (Auburn hair, blue eyes,stocky frame, and high cheekbones) attractive? I mean in real life. I share a lot of characteristics similar to what is described of Robb in the book, and I don't know many girls who consider redhead boys handsome (except for the occassional girlfriend)

Come on, I know that some beautiful parents produce average children, but Lyanna is described as a "wild beauty" and Rhaegar was beyond perfection. I reckon Jon is in the middle ground between handsome and beautiful. Similar to his uncle Brandon and his uncle Benjen. I think Catelyn and Cersei were unreliable in their opinions of Jon, so I do not take their accounts as my own view.

We really need a female POV near him that is not a religious zealot or a batshit crazy Lannister queen. I reckon Arianne or Daenerys should do it.

Some fanart I have seen is exactly how I see Jon:

When he's Lord Commander - http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23200000/jon-snow-jon-snow-23276702-824-969.jpg

During the Battle of Castle Black - http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23200000/jon-snow-jon-snow-23276699-600-400.jpg

Well iirc didn't.....Cersei?Mention that Rhaegar had the look of someone hurt and she wanted to be the one to make him happy?

Jon has that exact same look (I mean not only does he bear some real scars he has the emotional scars of losing his family)

Actually I would rather have a Shireen PoV considering she seems rather taken with Lord Snow.(Then again I also want to know if Myrcella is sad Robb died cause iirc she was rather smitten with him also)I know that neither of those will happen but a man has hope.

Also is it just me or do you imagine that the Eagle added hotness level to Jon?Like I imagine that the scars+his Stark looks give him a look of being dangerous and women like a little excitement (We all know Arianne would not be able to keep her hands off Jon.)

A Simple question: Do women find the Tully look (Auburn hair, blue eyes,stocky frame, and high cheekbones) attractive? I mean in real life. I share a lot of characteristics similar to what is described of Robb in the book, and I don't know many girls who consider redhead boys handsome (except for the occassional girlfriend)

Personally, I find dark hair with dark or blue eyes most attractive, if we are going by physical features alone. I'm sure there are women who do like red hair, though.

Jon gets described more in regards to his personality than his attractiveness, I've noticed.

We really need a female POV near him that is not a religious zealot or a batshit crazy Lannister queen. I reckon Arianne or Daenerys should do it.

Agreed. It would be nice to have an unbiased POV.

Well iirc didn't.....Cersei?Mention that Rhaegar had the look of someone hurt and she wanted to be the one to make him happy?

Jon has that exact same look (I mean not only does he bear some real scars he has the emotional scars of losing his family)

Actually I would rather have a Shireen PoV considering she seems rather taken with Lord Snow.(Then again I also want to know if Myrcella is sad Robb died cause iirc she was rather smitten with him also)I know that neither of those will happen but a man has hope.

Also is it just me or do you imagine that the Eagle added hotness level to Jon?Like I imagine that the scars+his Stark looks give him a look of being dangerous and women like a little excitement (We all know Arianne would not be able to keep her hands off Jon.)

1. Now that you mention it, yeah. Cersei does mention that Rhaegar had that grave sadness to him when reflecting upon the past.

2. GRRM said no new POVS, but Shireen is one I wouldn't mind reading. I like the comparison of Shireen-Jon to Myrcella-Robb. I think Myrcella was sad when she heard how Robb died, but she knew that he was fighting against her family and would kill Joffrey, her mother and her uncles if he won. Remember, she's only like eleven and she is in Dorne - the region of all things sexiness - I think she can get over her crush on him.

3. Eagle adds credibility, hotness, sexiness and downright baddasery to our favorite bastard in the North. Hahaha, I would love to see Arianne or Val enter a romantic or sexual relationship with Jon. Arianne could try to resist him, but sooner or later she will be found poised in his bed, whether he wills it or not. I think he deserves (or at least is going to deserve) a wife or paramour who is smokin' hot.

1. Now that you mention it, yeah. Cersei does mention that Rhaegar had that grave sadness to him when reflecting upon the past.

Yup, Jon definitely has that melancholy caste to him, just like his father.

2. GRRM said no new POVS, but Shireen is one I wouldn't mind reading. I like the comparison of Shireen-Jon to Myrcella-Robb. I think Myrcella was sad when she heard how Robb died, but she knew that he was fighting against her family and would kill Joffrey, her mother and her uncles if he won. Remember, she's only like eleven and she is in Dorne - the region of all things sexiness - I think she can get over her crush on him.

Honestly, I'd rather see Jon Con, Barristan or someone else who really knew Rhaegar, but I doubt that will happen. I'm not a big fan of teenage girl reactions XD

3. Eagle adds credibility, hotness, sexiness and downright baddasery to our favorite bastard in the North. Hahaha, I would love to see Arianne or Val enter a romantic or sexual relationship with Jon. Arianne could try to resist him, but sooner or later she will be found poised in his bed, whether he wills it or not. I think he deserves (or at least is going to deserve) a wife or paramour who is smokin' hot.

Definitely. Scars are sexy.

Yup, Jon definitely has that melancholy caste to him, just like his father.

Are you refering to Ned or Rhaegar? Being melancholy appear to be a Stark trait afterall, and overall Jon is very similar to Ned in his mood.

From AGoT: Eddard I

Robert looked off into the darkness, for a moment as melancholy as a Stark.

Are you refering to Ned or Rhaegar? Being melancholy appear to be a Stark trait afterall, and overall Jon is very similar to Ned in his mood.

From AGoT: Eddard I

Well, Jon didn't get it from his mother, so he must have gotten it from Rhaegar. I don't think it's necessarily a "Stark trait" because no Stark but Ned seems to be that way.

Well, Jon didn't get it from his mother, so he must have gotten it from Rhaegar. I don't think it's necessarily a "Stark trait" because no Stark but Ned seems to be that way.

It's fully possible that he inherited much his temperament from Rhaegar, but it's also possible he in from his maternal grandfather or grandmother, both of whom where Starks. Some of it is probably nurture (Ned) though.

I'm inclined to believe Ned about his talk of melancholy Starks. Ned, Bran and Jon are all brooding individuals, and Robb is solemn as well, hence why they seem to like easy-going fellows, like Robert, Meera, Pyp/Edd/Tormund, and Theon/Raynald. And I believe the title Kings of Winter is due to more than the Seasons.

I see nothing to indicate he's attractive, but then women's takes on attractive often puzzle me. I mean, Ronald Reagan finished 2nd in one of those 'sexiest man alive' polls back in the 80's, so clearly there are relevant factors not apparent to me. I find that men are almost automatically ascribed some level of attractiveness as soon as they are famous for w/e more than is true for women.

Archived