How would you rate episode 401?

Ran

How would you rate episode 401?  

705 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I gave it a ten because I am high on joy right now. Honestly, i'd give it a 9. Thenn introduction was great. Kit Harington was great. Red Viper intro was spot on. Arya and the hound was icing on the cake. I also loved the shot of the destroyed countryside at the end. One quibble I have had with this show is that they have sort of neglected how the war has impacted the small folk so I am very glad that we will get a look into that though Arya and the hound.

10 out of 10.

Fantastic casting of Pedro Pascal as the Red Viper. Really looking forward to following Oberyn’s storyline in the series.

Looks like the CG has improved too with the increase in popularity of the series. Drogon is the coolest dragon since the stop-motion Vermithrax of DragonSlayer. Refreshing after the hugely disappointing portrayal of Smaug in that other epic fantasy.

It will be interesting see how well Michiel Huisman does. I think the Daario recast will be more significant than the other major recast in season 4.

Loved the open. Tywin putting the wolf pelt in the flame was a great touch. The Red Viper was very Red Viper. I know the prudes on the board will piss and moan, but Oberyn's track is one of sex and blood. Get used to it. Poor Sansa. Marge and gandma kickass picked up right where they left off. Shea the Funny Whore was meh. But she's always meh. LOVED the Thenn. My little brother was freaked the fucked out when he saw them. I didn't mind the Ayra change up on the time line. It'll hurry the bond between her and the Hound so TV onrly folks see what the payoff is on episode 9. All and all, good stuff. Great to have our baby back.

Edit: Oh, the pointing child! NVM. That made this a 10! I can't believe they didn't cut it out. Sure, it wasn't an infant, but good enough.

Edited by Died a Hero

9/10 but only because my heart wasn't crazy racing like it has for other episodes (Blackwater and Red Wedding). I'm so happy this is back. I thought the dragons scene was well done. Kit is acting all grown up as he should. Fantastic!

Didn't really like the Brienne and Jamie exchange about Sansa. Hard to do anything else due to the PW having taken place in the books before Jamie gets to KL. Wanted him to be like, I will keep this vow and save her. Still a 9/10

Oh I'd like to add in that Kit's acting in this episode, in the little he was in, is miles better than he's been all series long lol. Maybe it was just me, but I actually BELIEVED his acting today. Especially when he talked about eating with the wildlings. Also, liked the Thenns.

Oh I'd like to add in that Kit's acting in this episode, in the little he was in, is miles better than he's been all series long lol. Maybe it was just me, but I actually BELIEVED his acting today. Especially when he talked about eating with the wildlings. Also, liked the Thenns.

Frankly, I was liking where he was going with the character toward the end of the season last year. Particularly his bit to Ygritte about how they can't win.

Maybe it's just his interpretation of the way the character grows.

He was great in season one and had great moments in season 3, especially GRRM's episode. Like Emilia Clarke, their acting suffers when the writing suffers. When Kit is given good lines, like this episode, he really shines. I thought he was wonderful. Sounded like he's really grown up. Put that punk ass Slynt back in his place. Can't wait for "Edd fetch me a block".