How would you rate episode 401?

Ran

How would you rate episode 401?  

705 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I loved it all. The Arya/Hound scene was obviously the highpoint, but all the scenes were good, especially the Oberyn ones. Also gotta agree with ya'll, Kit gave a real solid performance here, it bodes well for the rest of the season.

Do you think they will ever explain why Allister Thorne returned in the show, without ever having visited KL in the show?

Changed a lot from the books, a little over the top, I give it a 7, though I know Jaime is not acting like he should from the books. But I can see where it is going with his character, it seems to make sense.

Pro's

Arthur Dayne

Dunk

Flower power

Dragons

New Darrio, better than old Darrio

Production values

Wolf pelt on the fire

Joff touching the White book, so wrong but so perfect, he won the war and Broke Stannis, I was waiting for him to write his own name in the book.

Dead child,

Cons

Brie and Marg WTF, oh high it's great to meet you nothing odd here.

Nothing like Grey Tyrion, oh wait that's the books

Over the top Oberyn not to bad, but a little pushy skipped the Tyrion story would have liked that.

Arya, felt a little early for that jump in brutality, at least for me.

The necklace from Ser Dontos

Nothing really bad for me except the Brie and the Tyrell moment, just some things that felt a bit out of place. Nothing really spectacular, Dragons looked good some nice book drops, had a nice feel to it. Liked Dontos a lot more than I thought I would. It was good, with some very good moments, not sure what else to say

Loved the episode, I wish people didn't always compare the show to the books. Saying "why didn't this or that happen" ...I've read all the books & I LOVE the show JUST as much. People need to start viewing the show as its own entity. Personally I even wish sometimes that the show would skew even more from the books. If everything was exactly the same it wouldn't be as enjoyable to me because I'd already know what has happened.

Great episode, I loved Oberyn.

Am I the only one so far that DOESN'T like new Daario? I see people saying they like him. I really don't so far. I know it's early, but he's not arrogant enough, and he's missing that edge, that cocky swagger, the smirk, the walk. I don't know. I just don't know.

Am I the only one so far that DOESN'T like new Daario? I see people saying they like him. I really don't so far. I know it's early, but he's not arrogant enough, and he's missing that edge, that cocky swagger, the smirk, the walk. I don't know. I just don't know.

I didn't like him, too bland. He's not enough of an upgrade that I see for a recasting.

8.5 for the show, and a full extra point to the Hound for being HBOs new Omar Little. :D

I was wowwed by Oberyn, and stunned by the new Jon. I guess he's finished reeling over the loss of his father and siblings, and becoming his father's son, bastard or no. The dragons looked awesome, and I will wait until further episodes to decide whether or not I like the new Dany/Daario relationship. O.o

Am I the only one who choked up a little bit when Tywin handed Ice over to the blacksmith? :sniffle:

Edited by Wolfox6