How would you rate episode 404?

Ran

How would you rate episode 404?  

678 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

One thing kinda irritated me, it's really a small thing and I'm definitely nitpicking, but when Olenna says "back when marrying Targaryens was all the rage", I don't like the "all the rage" line, not fitting for the show at all.

Great episode, though I don't like Bran being/getting captured at Craster's and I don't like them sending Jon to Craster's either. Other than that... that ending!

That might be just "English for the viewers benefit". Not uncommon...like how they're speaking English in Valkrye, which takes place in Nazi Germany.

That's what I was thinking, but more attentive watchers would call bullshit on that. The slaves didn't speak English in their entire scene, and now they can write it? I'm telling myself Grey Worm wrote it because otherwise it'll bother me

I give it a 10, the show embraced taking it's own direction and I actually find the two big northern plot twists interesting. Not a single complaint, great ending, and the entire episode was interesting all the way through. Was on the edge of my seat the last 3 minutes or so. It's not the books but that was a legitimate great episode for the show.

Didn't care for this one, because of the giant-sized twists in logic that are compounded to try and make the story at Wall and beyond work. Mance Rayder is fooled by the ludicrous claim of 1,000 men of the Watch defending Castle Black, so they have to go after the mutineers... but hey, Bran's gonna look for a populated wildling village to hang out at and take shelter, so Jon really needs to go there... oh, and there's Locke overhearing that, so he'll want to tag along...

Meh.

Also, Margaery-Olenna.

Ser Pounce was great, though.

Also did anyone notice how good the direwolves looked in this episode? Glad to see they are getting some of that CGI budget too and not just the dragons

Everyone's getting the CGI budget this year and it's incredible. I agree about the wolves! SO realistic. The way Ghost did the jump-back-and-snarl was perfection. They understand canine body language, and as a canine enthusiast and freelance researcher, that makes me happy.

Hmm I'm really not liking where the Bran story I'd going. It seems as though they altered it to make him seem relevant, but that might come back to bite them. Either that or it ends up being a small detour as Ghost and Summer free them. Still, not a fan of it.

Decent episode otherwise. And Craster's sons...become Others. I wasn't expecting to find that out from the show.

same thoughts. Solid episode

I actually liked this episode a lot. I was glad littlefinger delivered the lines about keeping your enimies confused never let them know your true intensions(not exact words) lol I liked the ser pounce!...I felt a little weird about ghost being locked up but then I enjoyed that summer and ghost sort of meet back up. Oh the Jamie in this episode totally made me forget about the Jamie from the last episode. Lol that happen with anyone else?

The Mereen slave revolt felt rushed but it is the least interesting storyline for me in the book so I am happy they took care of the revolt and moved on. Nice and quick.

I really like how the scenes blend in to one another...

Bronn and Jaime leads to Jaime & Tyrion which leads to Sansa and Littlefinger which leads to The Martells. Really nice flow and before you blink, a half hour has gone by.

Put me in the camp who enjoys the deviations from the book North of the Wall.

Just a thought after what we'd just seen:

I saw episode 202 today and noticed the baby Craster carried out cried the whole way, and stopped when the WW pickled him up.

The baby today seemed "happy" riding with the WW...

Probably his brother to be honest :cool4:

Strong 8 bordering on 9. I like that they had Dany at the beginning to get her out of the way. I hate it when you look the clock and realize that it's 45 minutes past the hour and you just know they're going to close out with Emilia making some boring diatribe with that stupid smug look on her face...

The violent stuff at Craster's was pretty lame, IMO. I hate caricatures like Karl who are evil for no reason other than 'because they're evil'. GRRM knows how to build a true character, D&D still have no freaking clue.

Everything outside of Dany and Craster's was top-notch.

Really there aren't caricatures in the books? Ramsey, Joffrey, Mountain, Vargo Hoat and the Bloody mummers, the mutineers who killed Craster and were raping his daughters. I mean come on. There was some downright evil stuff committed in the books by absolutely evil people. Its perfectly reasonable that men who have been deprived of women and freedom for some time would gorge themselves at a place like Crasters on wine and women.

Loved it. It's nice to not know exactly what's going to happen every now and then. Book deviations were good. Pacing was probably the best out of all the episodes this season so far. Like Locke tagging along the NW, adds a new element. Direwolves looked great. Also, Jon this season has been fun to watch. And the ending. Wasn't expecting to see it. Great stuff.

9/10 just because I want to hold onto the 10 for future episodes.

A solid 9, while keeping in mind that the books are the books and the show is the show. That said, the non-frostbitten, happy baby bit at the end? Weird, just plain weird and completely inexplicable. Anyway, so much played out tonight with Dany's conquest, Tyrion and Jaime, Sansa and Littlefucker. I even liked Bran and the NW mutineers! Finally got the answer of how much Joff's grieving widow knew. Still the baby - laws of physiology say he shouldn't have made it to wherever the hell the WW took it before dying of frostbite. And the little tyke was so happy - WTF's up with that? Watching again, so good.

I thought it was rather uneventful save for Darth Maul showing up at the end, which was... weird. I figured that's what they were doing with the boys, but it felt a bit odd for them to show it.

I'm interested to see what they're going to do with Bran and co with Jon headed in their direction.

Same here, actually found most of the episode boring save for Littlefingers scene with Sansa. But Littlefinger is always gold IMO.

Just a thought after what we'd just seen:

I saw episode 202 today and noticed the baby Craster carried out cried the whole way, and stopped when the WW pickled him up.

The baby today seemed "happy" riding with the WW...

Yes, I took it to be some sort of supernatural influence. I don't understand why people can suspend their disbelief for dragons, frozen mummies, resurrected people etc., but freak out when they see a baby survive the cold.