Last Thing They Would Say (Character Anti-Philosophy) game v.4

complexphoenix

This has proved lots of fun in other fandoms, and ASOIAF seems custom-made for this, so I thought I'd start one. Have fun! :)

The rules are simple: look to the end of the thread. The last "Next" character you see, post something that they would NEVER say. Something that goes against everything they are. The saying can be as long, or as short, as you like. Then name another "Next" character, for the person coming after you.

The "Next" character can be anybody from ASOIAF, although please stay away from characters that really don't have any character to speak of (i.e. Polliver aka "the guy who took Needle from Arya, and... yeah. He took Needle from Arya.")

A few suggestions... things that have helped the game along, in other game threads:

• Always respond to the last "Next" character in the thread. This is even true in cases where multiple people post responses to the same character at the same time. That happens, and it's fine... just wait a couple of minutes for the thread to calm down, refresh, and respond to the last "Next" character in the thread. :)
  • (Edit to add: On a similar note, you'll want to post which character your saying is for. It may not be obvious otherwise, because your post may not necessarily immediately follow the post you're responding to (somebody else may be posting at the same time). Then, if anybody wants to read through the thread for their enjoyment, they'll know who you're posting about. :D )
  • Please feel free to name a "Next" character that has been named before, if you want to. For example, I'm going to start it off with Arya. It's fine for Arya to come up again. :) However, please do try to keep it a little varied (ASOIAF has a cast of thousands - please don't just name the same 15 people over and over).
  • On a similar note, if the last "Next" character is somebody that you've already posted a saying for, feel free to post for them again... with a different saying. :)
  • If you're posting a saying that includes spoilers past where the TV show has gotten, please include spoiler warnings and/or spoiler tags.
  • If the game stalls, feel free to respond to your own, if a couple of days have passed and nobody else has posted.
  • Have fun! :D

I'll add a couple more tips: be as witty as possible, and if the same character has been named more than once in the thread, try to hit an aspect of their personality that hasn't been covered before. It gets tedious, having Tywin say "I love you Tyrion" 10 times over...

Picking up from the previous thread:

Elia Martell: Babies are disgusting, all they do is eat and squall and shit. Are there no knights to rid me of them?

Next: Stannis

Queen Regent, please pardon this unfortunate fool for ever disputing the rightful position of the true king Tommen Baratheon! I will volunatrily put myself at the disposal of Illyn Payne to answer for my grievous treason.

Next: Robert Baratheon

Archived