[No Spoilers] EP401 Discussion

Ran

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

Edited by Ran

I love how they used Geoffrey as Jamie's inner monologue when they were reading the Book of the kings guard

What made that scene even better is knowing Joffrey is insulting his father, who just gave up Casterly Rock to "protect him."

Also, Jack Gleeson was on his A-game and turned in such a wonderful despicable performance.

ARYA on a white horse = Death on a pale horse! even I got the inference! these producers are brilliant! or was it in the book? i cant remember.

WONDERFUL episode, from the heart breaking beginning show the melting of ice (that was a huge shock for me when i experienced it in the book) to the Hound and Arya. i let out a whoop at the end.

Like the episode aside from the actor switcheroo for Daario Naharis' character. Subsequently this is really pissing me off.

Why didn't they just kill him off and introduce a new character. I read somewhere that the switch from Ed Skrein to Michiel Huisman has more to do with Dany's character who falls for the sellsword who is more complex. Perhaps this change from the books to the television series and then a mid-series rewrite caused me to not like the choices D&D have made regarding this character. I liked Skrein's Naharis though-- he had an edge to him. He was dangerous.

I think the new actor is quite a bit better than the previous one playing Daario. He was really good on the show Nashville and I thought he did an excellent job in the first episode of Game of Thrones. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with the character.

I instantly took a disliking to the new Daario, mainly because he played that douche Sonny on Treme.

I stopped watching Treme because of him. Couldn't stand that guy anymore. In 4.1 he was okay for me though. Don't love him, don't hate him. I'm sure he's not a bad actor. We just have to wait I guess.

Ed Skrein's version had a certain arrogance/swagger that didn't make him very likable, but at least he was kinda cool.