[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

WinterKing

One of my Unsullied shocked me =)) In a good way

He is a big fan of the show and viewed the first 3 seasons like 2-3 times, and knows more details from the show than most of us. I'm also sure that he didnt read spoilers because he hates that, even in ordinary movies he doesnt like to hear others opinions before he watches them.

So long story short, when Oberyn was talking about Elia and that Rhaegar left her for another woman, he says to us, wouldnt be awesome if that woman is Jon's mother ? He was saying to us that Ned said in one of the first episodes that he'll talk with Jon about his mother when he returns, really spot on from my man =))

Talking to my mate about the episode. His thoughts:

• The first episode is always exposition but he doesn't mind.
  • Likes the Arya/Hound dynamic
  • Thinks Oberyn is creepy and angry, and isn't a fan.
  • Thinks Styr looks fierce and scary in a cool way. He's a "bit of a beast".

Likes the Arya/Hound dynamic

Thinks Oberyn is creepy and angry, and isn't a fan.

Thinks Styr looks fierce and scary in a cool way. He's a "bit of a beast".

Doesn't like Oberyn, especially as portrayed by Pedro Pascal? Opinion=invalid :P

Doesn't like Oberyn, especially as portrayed by Pedro Pascal? Opinion=invalid :P

I know right? I mean he didn't quite get why Oberyn had such a beef with the Lannisters, so maybe he'll be more inclined to like him now I've explained that. Although in all fairness Oberyn's intro was slightly OTT.

Ok, I've chatted with my flatmate and here are her thought on the episode:

• She keeps repeating how magnificent this show is and how much she loved the episode.

• She prefers this Daario, and she pities Jorah. She is suddenly fully aware of how dangerous the dragons are and is quite scared of them.

• She is impressed by Jon's (Kit's?) new confidence and charisma. By the way, I explained it better and now I think she remembers Slynt and even Thorne.

• She was shocked at the coldness in Arya while killing Polliver, and thinks she's very scary now. She thinks it's understandable but ver, very sad that she's gone down that path of murder and revenge.

• She also pities Sansa, and Ser Dontos, and I think she's a bit fed up with Shae. She thinks Cersei is a bit nuts , and that Tywin is very imposing and threatening but also so mean to both his sons. In fact, she didn't like how basically everyone was mean to Jaime in this episode.

• I pointed out how Margaery seems so calm in spite of being about to marry a monster, and she replied that she doesn't need to because she's clever and cunning, and knows her way around (unlike Sansa), and she will manage.

• The details of the Red Wedding keep horrifying her (as does all blood/violence in the show), and Jon's reminiscing touched her.

My brother was very confused at the beginning and kept texting me about the sword and whether or not it was important, he was very curious about this "other woman" Rhaegar left "that guy's sister" for. He thinks Dany is going to collect poisonous flowers and use them as a weapon. If her dragons don't kill her first, that is. Oh and asked who was that guy who gave her the flowers.

I have a shameful and embarrassing confession to make: I didn't even know who was Dolorous Edd on the show until a few weeks ago when I watched one of the season 3 commentaries and they were like "And here's Grenn and Dolorous Edd ..." lmao!

I didn't either! Until I came on here and people were talking about him, and I was like wtf and had to rewatch!

also, people are still obsessed with "khaleesi" ugh. so annoying. people dont realize that she's aweful or that that's not her name. and everyone was confused about the new daario

Har!

I usually just say "How many times does she have to screech 'My name is Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen!' before you realise what her name is?"

There are some who realize her name is Daenerys and just choose to call her Khaleesi. I do not understand that, but I also don't care for nicknames so...

The ones who insist on calling her that are also the ones who will never get their noses out of her ass to realize she sucks and Emilia can't act.

Its because Edds name was only mentioned once on the show lol it was when Samwell had called out to Grenn and Edd in the Season 2 finale, its hard for show only readers to remember him. Its kind of the problem they had in the pilot episode with not giving exposition for characters, now they forget to mention the name of certain characters lol

You're right, we did not. All we get it "I was the Commander of the City Watch of King's Landing!" by him, and I don't think that's enough! I don't blame the Unsullied: I was an Unsullied once, and I know all the Night's Watch men look pretty much the same :laugh: and it's difficult to keep track of them.

What's funny is they'll almost definitely remember Tyrion's "I'm not questioning your honor... I'm denying its existence."

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was confused as to who Doloraus Edd was!

Regarding the whole "Khaleesi" thing ... I usually remind people that "Khaleesi" is a title, as in "My Queen" or used as "Your grace." Once I tell them that ... it usually nips it in the butt. Usually. ;)

I call Daenerys "Dany" all the time though, because that's how she's referred to in the books ... and my boyfriend always gets mad at me or says "Who?" At least he knows her name is Daenerys though.

Likes the Arya/Hound dynamic

Thinks Oberyn is creepy and angry, and isn't a fan.

Thinks Styr looks fierce and scary in a cool way. He's a "bit of a beast".

Oberyn's creepy, cannibals are cool? This is someone that I wouldn't want to spend much time around.

Archived