[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

WinterKing

My unsullied mother sent me a text seconds after The Hound said the words "What the F's a Lommy" asking....seriously what/who is that...is it important? I didn't reply until afterwards but luckily she understood.

She predicted that Shae would either kill Sansa or Tyrion in a jealous rage. Much to my surprise, she asked me "wasn't Ned's sister kidnapped?" the cute guy said the dragon guy(she cant pronounce his name) ran off with her." I replied, "it's a matter of perspective" though I wanted to say much more.

My unsullied mother sent me a text seconds after The Hound said the words "What the F's a Lommy" asking....seriously what/who is that...is it important? I didn't reply until afterwards but luckily she understood.

She predicted that Shae would either kill Sansa or Tyrion in a jealous rage. Much to my surprise, she asked me "wasn't Ned's sister kidnapped?" the cute guy said the dragon guy(she cant pronounce his name) ran off with her." I replied, "it's a matter of perspective" though I wanted to say much more.

My wife didn't start reading the books until after last season (muahahaha), and she pretty much read nonstop(shes midway through AFfC now). And even with both the show AND her reading the books, she didn't pick up what Oberyn said about Rhaegar running off with another woman. I had to explain it to her after my excitement over hearing it in the show, lol, whoops.

Everyone in my living room: This Oberyn dude is pretty badass, what episode do you think he dies in?

LOL and really, I can't blame them for asking such a question. Duh, I should have asked myself the same thing when The Red Viper and his Awesomeness showed up in ASOS. :blushing: :dunno: :bang:

My brother has not got over the RW yet so he is convinced that everyone he likes is going to die: Dany's going to be eaten by her dragons, Tyrion will be executed. He's convinced Sansa doesn't have much longer because she's so lost and just has nothing left and is in a very dark place. During the scene in theTavern my mother asked of The Hound "Is he good or bad?" LOL. I have no idea how to answer that.

My brother has not got over the RW yet so he is convinced that everyone he likes is going to die: Dany's going to be eaten by her dragons, Tyrion will be executed. He's convinced Sansa doesn't have much longer because she's so lost and just has nothing left and is in a very dark place. During the scene in theTavern my mother asked of The Hound "Is he good or bad?" LOL. I have no idea how to answer that.

you respond to that by telling her to not think about characters in such absolute terms.

Am I the only person who thinks that would make up for the RW, Ned, and then some?

DBF thinks that Jaime will kill Joffrey and that Tyrion and Sansa will be blamed for it (he's actually not too far off, it's been hard for me to keep mum)

He thinks that Bran and Dany will eventually team up to control the dragons, and that Bran will be able to control the Others.

Also that Jaime and Brienne will be a couple at some point

He said something about Theon too but he comes home from work at odd hours and tells me these things while I'm half asleep so I can't remember his Theon theory. I think it had something to do with Ramsay Bolton.

Made even more difficult by the fact that he doesn't know anyone's name.

"OK, so boy that fell out of tower and dragon lady will ...

"Then guy with his penis cut off and torture guy ..."

"The guy with his hand cut off and the warrior lady ..."

Archived