[NO SPOILERS] Positive Nitpicking: What did you love about the episode?

shiola

I liked the quality of the dragons' scene. I expect them to be hokey but they aren't. These people set up Dinklage to receive nominations. They write Tyrion so incredibly well nuanced. He is a delight to watch. When Oberyn was telling the story of his sister, you saw the horrible discomfort that Tyrion felt. Excellent.

oberyn!

arya and hound just trying to get some chicken.

oberyn!

joff letting jaime now how great he was at winning the war while jaime was lazing around in a cell.

oberyn!

Oh gods this. I love Oberyn so much, and Arya and the Hound scene was so brutal but great. Joff telling the Kingslayer just how wonderful Joff is and all but straight out calling Jaime a failure. All I could think of was what a dumb idea it would be to piss off someone who killed one of the previous kings. The look Jaime gave him...pretty sure Jaime hates his own kid. Probably a good idea for him not to make any more babies with Cersei in the future.

Never put Brienne in that outfit again.

Oberyn & his paramour are a great jolt of energy to the show. Oberyn is a force. Lots of presence.

Joff is insuferable. ser Terwyn Mant (sp) is the worst type of thugish "yes man" & I hope Jaime kills him.

Marg's wig (& Dany's for that mater) is off-putting.

Magnar of Thenn is scary intimidating. Love the bronze scales. Don't love that he isn't missing ears. :(

Yeah, he's improved his acting a greal deal. I was very impressed after so many weaker moments in past episodes.

Nah hes always been good. Ive been telling you lot for two years now, its not Kit's fault. They are simply giving him more and better shit to work with.

Blue. Rose. That is all. <3

Duncan the Tall name drop.

Oberyn being Oberyn.

Arya avenging Lommy.

Thenns kick ass and eat crows.

Jon being Jon finally. *swoon* on top of Aemon being a badass.

I like New!Daario.

Great first episode to the seasons. The Hound and Arya just trying to get some chickens was great. I'll admit that I was a bit skeptical at first about the casting of Oberyn, but I'm really liking this guy. He steals every scene he is in, absolutely fantastic! The intro with Tywin and the reforging of Ice gave me chills..It was one thing to read about that atrocity, quite another to see it.. :(

Yeh Duncan the Tall and Sir Arthur Dayne name drop was awesome.

Loved "What the fuck is a Lommy?" & "I fucken hate Thenns".

The Thenns were awesome, look forward to their upcoming story arc.

Also that scene in the tavern was awesome, although it is vastly different in the books they did it well nonetheless.

There was nothing wrong with previous Daario but the new guy is a clear cut better actor.

Only negative was I couldn't understand everything Ellaria and Oberyn were saying, there accents were slightly too thick, especially Ellaria's.

Arya's lines to Polliver.

Also, Ser Arthur Dayne and Dunk. For a moment there I thought Joffrey was going to make a nasty joke about The Sword of the Morning title. I would have jumped through the screen and strangled him.

Slynt was bitchslapped by Maester Aemon. (that was Slynt, right?)

Sam's "I wanted to hate you" (...but I love you...)

Duncan the Tall got 4 pages. FOUR PAGES. Also, the book look printed rather than written by the KG.

Gotta love Elaria. Looks like part of her work? duty? is to run after Oberyn to stop him from doing Oberynish stuff.

joff letting jaime now how great he was at winning the war while jaime was lazing around in a cell.

I actually laughed aloud at that. Specially the first part of the scene when he was looking all divine staring at the ceiling or whatever.

"What the fuck's a Lommy?" -- Had to pause until I regained my composure.

The location of the scene with the Thenns was really, really beautiful.

Absolutely everything about the opening scene, dear Lord. Powerful, magnificent, appropriate start to the season. It was perfect.

Archived