[NO SPOILERS] Positive Nitpicking: What did you love about the episode?

shiola

Kit nailed his speech. I think that was more lines than he's ever had.

My thoughts exactly. Finally they give Kit some decent lines. The scenes in the north have been the one weak part to me on the show. But I guess with Kit growing his acting resume recently, they decided to give him some good stuff. His scene with with the council was golden. Kit also comes across a little jaded a little tougher, I like that. Jon feels a little more experienced does carry himself with a certain kind of confignce

The Oberyn character really comes across as a game changer. In the previews I was skeptical. But after his rather lengthy introduction I must say that I'm loving his character. He will make kings landing very interesting during his stay.

Everytime I see charles dance as tywin I wish he had more screen time he just dominates each and every scene.

The actor playing joffrey also does a great job. His sneers, quips and facial expressions makes each one of his scenes extremely enjoyable no matter who is on screen with him.

And of course tyrion is always great.

Styr was creepy as hell.

I loved how that guy recognized Arya right before she killed him.

Loved THE RED VIPER OF DORNE. Good lord that was an awesome intro. You really get the feeling that he has harbored that anger about his sister for a big part of his life.

Loved that Doran was mentioned.

LOVED IT ALLLLLLL. All of it, I say!

Finally was able to see it!!

- The opening scene having no dialogue.. Just Tywin.

- Even though I'd heard it in the promos that I watched a hundred times, I still love Oberyn's "Tell him the Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts.".

- Pod knowing the sigils! :3

- Aemon being a sassmaester

- Kit's acting! I was so pleasantly surprised

- Cersei showing more of her crazy (How dare you get captured! I had to sleep with Lancel as a replacement!)

- My beloved Cat getting some positive references

- Maisie's monotone is so good. "Can you walk, boy?"

And of course.. "What the fuck's a Lommy?"

I am looking forward to more of The Hound and Arya, if the gods would be so kind.

Finally was able to see it!!

- The opening scene having no dialogue.. Just Tywin.

- Even though I'd heard it in the promos that I watched a hundred times, I still love Oberyn's "Tell him the Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts.".

- Pod knowing the sigils! :3

- Aemon being a sassmaester

- Kit's acting! I was so pleasantly surprised

- Cersei showing more of her crazy (How dare you get captured! I had to sleep with Lancel as a replacement!)

- My beloved Cat getting some positive references

- Maisie's monotone is so good. "Can you walk, boy?"

And of course.. "What the fuck's a Lommy?"

I am looking forward to more of The Hound and Arya, if the gods would be so kind.

HIS EYES when he said it. You could FEEEEEL the anger.

Styr was creepy as hell.

I loved how that guy recognized Arya right before she killed him.

Loved THE RED VIPER OF DORNE. Good lord that was an awesome intro. You really get the feeling that he has harbored that anger about his sister for a big part of his life.

Loved that Doran was mentioned.

LOVED IT ALLLLLLL. All of it, I say!

Yes, the arrival of the Thenns on screen was a pleasant surprise. The Thenns looked and sounded absolutely menacing! I loved it!

"The Rains of Castamere" theme playing over Tywin being all... Tywin-y... Gave me shivers! It's like his very own imperial death march!

(Tywin versus Vader, who would win? I know Tywin wouldn't have left that exhaust port open)

And, "if any more words come flowing out of that cunt mouth." That's how I feel in the morning before I've had my coffee and people are talking AT me

"The Rains of Castamere" theme playing over Tywin being all... Tywin-y... Gave me shivers! It's like his very own imperial death march!

Oh yea....I love to hate, and hate to love Tywin! I don't know if that is due in part to the quality of acting by Charles Dance, but the character is wonderful!

"What the fuck's a Lommy?" -- Had to pause until I regained my composure.

The location of the scene with the Thenns was really, really beautiful.

Absolutely everything about the opening scene, dear Lord. Powerful, magnificent, appropriate start to the season. It was perfect.

Yes, yes, yes. I want to go there NOW. Right in between those huge rocks. It was lovely.

I loved how there was a simmering tension to every scene.

Good way to put it. I definitely caught that with a few scenes, but didn't realize til reading your comment that the tension was kind of the unifying point of the episode. Can't wait to look for that bit on my next watch!

Yess. I was even a bit scared for my life watching it and I know he isn't real.

My favorite Oberyn micro-moment was the sadistic glee on his face when he stabbed the Lannister man. Dude wants to wade through a sea of Lannister blood!

Paired with that, Ellaria's mix of sultry and kindliness. Even the way she flirts is more complimentary than teasing. And her quick "Looover, don't go spazzing!" reaction to the song.

I loved the way Arya and The Hound were talking with their heads poking out of the bushes. It just looked so comical. A lot funnier than if they were exchanging quips while facing each other.

So...

• Previously on - Really seemed to build tension as you watched it and I loved the reintroduction of Ser Dontos
  • Intro - Tywin and the sword, no words can be said to describe how powerful it was.
  • Opening sequence - New locations - Dreadfort (not as 'Dread' as I expected) and Meeren. They changed the pan angle for sweeping across to Essos too

• Jaime + Tywin - Jaime standing up to Tywin was impressive given the dominance of Tywin over his other two children. I can't wait to rewatch their S1 scene together to compare.
  • Greeting on the road - Pod naming all the sigils was great. The Dorninsh distain drew a smile too.
  • Oberyn's introduction - Awesome. Real sense of menace. Did laugh at Tyrion declining and Bronn nodding to Oberyn's offer.
  • Dany - Yep... I'm not normally one to gush about the CGI, but the Drogon scene.... wow.
  • Sansa/Tyrion - I thought the scene worked quite well. They had to show what was going through Sansa's head and having the conversation with Tyrion worked better than I thought. Tyrion was a prop for Sansa.
  • Tyrion/Shea - I'll reserve judgement until we can see how it will develop.
  • Jaime/Cersei - Jaime was great, you could really get the feeling of him being defeated at trying to rebuild his world.
  • Thenn introduction - Suitably menacing. Great intensity and like the way it has balanced with Oberyn. Also shows the NW can't just welcome Mance with open arms.
  • Jon - Solid speech and good job of reintroducing Slynt.
  • Marg/Olenna/Brienne - a filler scene with some great comedy from Olenna. Setting the scene for Brienne trying to find a place of relevance again.
  • Jaime/Joff - Again, a scene-setter for Jaime to learn about the ways things work since his absence. As others have said - loved the Dayne and Duncan references.
  • Daario - I like the new guy, I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. I was always under the assumption we weren't supposed to like him. It will make her choices later more justifiable.
  • Dontos/Sansa - Solid reintroduction, but they are going to have to push that plot along quick smart.
  • Arya + Sandor - Brilliant on so many fronts...

Archived