[NO SPOILERS] Positive Nitpicking: What did you love about the episode?

shiola

I didn't mention, during Jon's scene, which was great, when Janos is trying to mock Jon at everything he says, he starts to make fun of him for saying Giants and he stops when he notices Allister doesn't balk at the mention of Giants, kind of like his "oh shit" moment.

Oh yea....I love to hate, and hate to love Tywin! I don't know if that is due in part to the quality of acting by Charles Dance, but the character is wonderful!

Charles dance is a serious contender for performance of the series. It will take something big to knock him off. Kit did well though. And the Hound and Polliver absolutely nailed it.

"Lots of Cunts" - "Har"

-Arya at the Inn

-Rhaegar, Ser Arthur Dayne and Duncan the Tall being mentioned

-Oberyn talking about Elia (I had no idea her name should be pronounced like that)

-the blue rose

-Joffrey's statue (I couldn't stop laughing at it)

It's a little thing, but I loved, loved, loved that moment when Oberyn tilted up Tyrion's chin to force Tyrion to look him in the eye, and Tyrion quickly shoved his hand aside with one finger without breaking eye contact. A lot said with those two gestures: Oberyn's casual, arrogant violation of Tyrion's personal space and forcing a confrontation, and Tyrion quietly and angrily asserted himself even though his role forced him to play nice with Oberyn and prevented him from talking shit.

I thought it was feelings for Missandei... part of the reason for him being at the front of the column was to be near her.

Yeh it was definetly Missandei not Dany, didn't you see the look she shot him right before they left and he and Daario had the convo?

I didn't mention, during Jon's scene, which was great, when Janos is trying to mock Jon at everything he says, he starts to make fun of him for saying Giants and he stops when he notices Allister doesn't balk at the mention of Giants, kind of like his "oh shit" moment.

yeah i loved that scene. Jon saying that Slynt must not havebeen good at his job was great. Also the guy who plays Slynt is pretty good, makes me really want to punch the bastard.

yeah i loved that scene. Jon saying that Slynt must not havebeen good at his job was great. Also the guy who plays Slynt is pretty good, makes me really want to punch the bastard.

yeah totally agree. Just the right mix of pomposity and oafishness.

-Arya at the Inn

-Rhaegar, Ser Arthur Dayne and Duncan the Tall being mentioned

-Oberyn talking about Elia (I had no idea her name should be pronounced like that)

-the blue rose (I'm glad this symbol made its way into the show, as I believe that it'll be of much importance later)

-Joffrey's statue (I couldn't stop laughing at it)

I agree. Then the very next scene was Joffrey standing with the exact same pose.

It's a little thing, but I loved, loved, loved that moment when Oberyn tilted up Tyrion's chin to force Tyrion to look him in the eye, and Tyrion quickly shoved his hand aside with one finger without breaking eye contact. A lot said with those two gestures: Oberyn's casual, arrogant violation of Tyrion's personal space and forcing a confrontation, and Tyrion quietly and angrily asserted himself even though his role forced him to play nice with Oberyn and prevented him from talking shit.

Yeah, the Oberyn scenes were good.

The Joffrey statue / next bit was funny.

As for the Arya scenes ... wish it had been "Is there gold in the Village ? ..."

And also it sounds like Cersei's on the Moon Tea.

There were lots of good scenes:

- Jon's scene with Janos and the others (soooo happy he's back with the nw and sooo looking forward to the rest)

- Olenna/Brienne, that was probably my favourite made up scene I've seen in a while

- Joff is always a delight

- Arya/Hound/Needle, about time that happened, but it was good

The opening scene was dastardly brilliant - another twist of the knife into Stark supporters. The Rains of Castamere playing over a silent Tywin as he burned the wolf pelt... just as good as the stag skinning scene in Season 1!

As a music and sound aficionado, I have to say I absolutely adore both the Thenn's and Oberyn's themes. Oberyn's is sultry with a dangerous undertone, like the uncoiling of a viper. The Thenn's booming theme plays like a giant's horn signaling a hunt or raid; striking fear into enemies.

El-e-ah. Strange. I always though it was E-lie-ah.

Screaming Elllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! doesn't have the same kind of power to it.

The Tavern scene was amazing. Almost as good as Craster's Keep which is my fav scene of all.

Joffery being all smug because he recognised Arthur Dayne was hilarious. It looked like he just read his deeds quickly to sound smart.

Man, this episode was great.

Loved the Oberyn scenes, going to love the Tyrion/Oberyn chemistry this season.

The Joffrey/Jamie scene may be one of the best yet in the series.

The Thenns look badass, i like the change to make them more..."evil" considering most people love Ygritte and saw that Tormund liked Jon.

Arya and Hound, another scene that could be in the top 5 scenes of the series, epic from start to finish.

Jon (or Kit i should say, really), as everybody has said, is much better. Aemon is back!! Which is always a plus, love love that scene.

Overall...Great start to the season, i was a bit nervous that i was too excited and would be let down....luckily i was wrong. :D

(Er, is it really ok to use the term "spazzing" phoenix??).

Loved so much about this episode, can't think of one thing I didn't like. A few little thoughts - Jaime navigating his new position, changing relationship between Dany and the dragons, Arya's descent in to murder...

oberyn!

arya and hound just trying to get some chicken.

oberyn!

joff letting jaime now how great he was at winning the war while jaime was lazing around in a cell.

oberyn!

This, I know people nitpick about JOff being a prick to Jaime, but pointing out his lack of accomplishments was IMO a very good idea.

Also Olenna giving Brienne some love.....and the necklace scene.

Archived