Best lines of the episode.

I thought all of Sansa's lines were great, Sophie Turner delivered them with perfect bitterness disguised as courtesy. Hopefully this assertiveness will crop up again in her future storyline!

I loved all the lines quoted in this thread. I also loved the look on Arya's face as she rode her pony at the end and had to laugh when I saw the Hound was riding away eating a chicken.

On line I especially enjoyed in that exchange about Needle outside the Tavern was the Hound's comment to Arya "of course you would name your sword."

AND

Arya's reply to the Hound's comments about her wanting a pony to escape. "I just want to get away from your stench."

Every word that came out of the Hound's mouth was epic. o: He's been my favourite character since the first season, so I'm glad he's getting so much loving.

And of course, "Tell your father I'm here, and tell him the Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts."

Jon to Slynt "Not very good at your job"

Oberyn Martell "Tell your father the Lannisters aren't the only one who pay their debts" much better in the show that in the trailer

Sansa "I don't pray anymore. It's the only place where none talks to me"

And of course "Maybe I'll pick my teeth with it"

:agree:

Most of my favourites have been mentioned already.

Joffrey: "Uncle, they forgot to write about your great deeds!" He really is a little dick, but the actor portrays him so perfectly.

Janos: "I was commander of the City Watch."

Jon: "You obviously weren't very good at it."

Seeing someone like Janos get slapped down like that is always satisfying.

Sandor: "What the fuck's a Lommy?"

Great line and McCann delivered it perfectly, like always.

This episode really was brilliantly written though. Most of it is easily quotable, and even non-verbal exchanges were well done, like Jaime's wave and Bronn's reaction to Oberyn's offer.

Not exactly like that but

"I've came to say I'm sorry for your husband's death. Renly. Our King" and Marg's face was like "Who?".

Also Olenna: "You kicked my grandson's ass! I love you!".

"Your grandfather gave me a necklace just like this one for my 51st nameday" *tosses it in the woods*

Funny thing, his husband and the necklace had the same end

Oberyn: "I am only the second son after all."

Tyrion: "Well, speaking as a fellow second son..."

Did anyone else catch the subtle foreshadowing here?

Nice!

Jaime's golden wave. I burst out laughing.

http://ewtvrecaps.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/http___makeagif-com__media_4-06-2014_hdzfah.gif

So many fantastic quotes.

I was a huge fan of Margaery's "Maybe I should let Joffrey pick. I'm sure he'll give me a string of dead sparrow heads." -- or some equivalent. It's so rare when we get a real statement from the Tyrell ladies, and Olenna quickly put her back in her place by saying "Careful what you say, even here, even with me."

Margaery still has much to learn.

The Hound stole the show though.

And finally we got to hear about Elia and her children.

Would have loved Oberyn to tell the story of how he and Elia traveled to Casterly Rock to meet the Lannister twins and how he had "met" baby Tyrion. Maybe in another episode ...

So many fantastic quotes.

I was a huge fan of Margaery's "Maybe I should let Joffrey pick. I'm sure he'll give me a string of dead sparrow heads." -- or some equivalent. It's so rare when we get a real statement from the Tyrell ladies, and Olenna quickly put her back in her place by saying "Careful what you say, even here, even with me."

That was actually the most confusing line on the show. There really wasn't any dramatic evidence for Margaery to make that statement. On the show, Joffrey's always treated her rather well.

That was actually the most confusing line on the show. There really wasn't any dramatic evidence for Margaery to make that statement. On the show, Joffrey's always treated her rather well.

But Sansa already told her he was a monster. And probably, she has heard things. Olenna told Sansa in books that she had heard things about the King, I think.

But Sansa already told her he was a monster. And probably, she has heard things. Olenna told Sansa in books that she had heard things about the King, I think.

I predict there will be a scene this season where Joffrey is particularly cruel to Margaery. As the show has layed it out so far, Cersei is kind of correct when she says Joffrey is under her control.

Because of that, given what we know from the books about Joff's death, there really is no reason for the Tyrell's to want Joffrey dead. So if they're going to follow the track of the books, they're gonna HAVE to implant some kind of reason.

The Hound killed it this episode.

"Lots of People name Swords" - "Lots of cunts"

"You lived your life for the king, you're gonna die for some chickens" - "Someone is"

"What the f*ck is a Lommy?"

Have to agree here. The Hound and Arya are comedy gold plus revenge killing, what's not to like?

Archived