Best lines of the episode.

"I grew up in King's Landing" is the winner for me. I laughed so hard. :-) But, many other moments as well - Jaime waving, the statue of Joffrey juxtaposed with the pose stroke by the real Joffrey, Bronn's every line, and Viper's general air and look when he said: "Decisions…"

everything to come out of the Hound's mouth, especially "what the fuck's a Lommy?"

Jon's snark was strong this episode - 'are you going to execute me, or am I free to go?'

'pillow biter' is my new favourite euphemism.

"I grew up in King's Landing" is the winner for me. I laughed so hard. :-) But, many other moments as well - Jaime waving, the statue of Joffrey juxtaposed with the pose stroke by the real Joffrey, Bronn's every line, and Viper's general air and look when he said: "Decisions…"

Yeah that line was priceless and I was like "Okay, can't argue with that logic".

"Someone's forgotten to write down all your great deeds, uncle."

"There's still time."

"For a forty-year-old knight, with one hand?"

Somehow, I think that line to Jaime was the only line Joffrey has ever said that made me genuinely dislike him. Joffrey has actually always been one of my favorite characters, and his cruelty is entertaining. I like the Starks and Tyrion and the rest as well but I don't feel particularly angry when he mistreats them. But dialogue like this, basically unprovoked, to Jaime felt like arbitrary viciousness. I don't even consider myself that fond of Jaime.

Then again, I guess I've picked a pretty good time to start disliking him considering what happens tonight. Also, that statue was really great.

"Someone's forgotten to write down all your great deeds, uncle."

"There's still time."

"For a forty-year-old knight, with one hand?"

Somehow, I think that line to Jaime was the only line Joffrey has ever said that made me genuinely dislike him. Joffrey has actually always been one of my favorite characters, and his cruelty is entertaining. I like the Starks and Tyrion and the rest as well but I don't feel particularly angry when he mistreats them. But dialogue like this, basically unprovoked, to Jaime felt like arbitrary viciousness. I don't even consider myself that fond of Jaime.

Then again, I guess I've picked a pretty good time to start disliking him considering what happens tonight. Also, that statue was really great.

Not even "Ser Ilyn, bring me his head!"?

"My word!"

*Brienne talking*

"We know who you are, we've heard all about you. Hearing is one thing but...*sigh* Aren't you just, marvellous? Absolutely singular! I hear you knocked my grandson into the dirt like the silly little boy he his."

*Brienne asks for a moment with Marge*

"You dare not refuse."

Sorry, I mentioned it before but without the actual dialogue

No contest:

The Hound: "I understand that if any more words come pouring out your cunt mouth, I'm going to have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

Absolutely, and the look on Pollivers face after this line when he realises that perhaps the hound is not going to be as keen on him as his brother was. it was like " Oh F**K here we go"

Anyone else feel like The Hound's "A man must have a code" line was a nod to Omar Little?

Yes and Omar's other catchphrase

"It's all in the game" (of thrones)

What the fuck is a Lommy?

:rofl:

Oberyn: "I am only the second son after all."

Tyrion: "Well, speaking as a fellow second son..."

Did anyone else catch the subtle foreshadowing here?

Missed that, but great catch

It wasn't a line but I liked how the Hound told Arya that she didn't get a horse because "his prize" would ride off. After the tavern scene there she is on her own horse - and I loved the cheeky grin on her face.

Ah, the little victories in life.

someone pointed out on another thread, death on a white horse

I also love the part where Janos Slynt laughs at Jon when he mentions giants but then looks at Allister Thorne's face and shuts the fuck up.

He was so pleased with himself at the end of season 1, but now he seems to be smaller at every appearance, really out of his depth now, cant wait for

Edd, fetch me a block

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived