[BOOK SPOILERS] a blue rose cures things?

aameen

I'm laughing - only insane book readers (everyone on this board including myself) left last night's episode saying, yup, that episode was ALL about Lyanna Stark.

And I don't care that he called it a "dusk rose," and people think dusk is purple - that flower was blue as the jewels Dontos gave Sansa ;) That was a BLUE ROSE. I'm still having a nerd attack over it.

I thought maybe the episode was aiming to establish a subliminal symbolic link between the blue rose and Rhaegar's identity? Of course it's very faint but Oberyn's description of Rhaegar Targaryen coupled with Dany seeing the blue rose as a source of comfort could set up a path to associating the flower with Rhaegar's Targ heritage and later more specifically with R+L if they make sure to consistently repeat the rose motif throughout coming episodes. Anyway it was awesome :D

I really don't see how anyone could draw a connection between Daario handing Dany the rose and Rhaegar. Like, to book readers, sure. But I think they just need to start peppering in these subtle notes more and more. However, on its own, all it did was make book readers' heads explode.

Who knows what sorts of things Jamie will find in the show by rifling through that book!! Oh gee I wonder why the Kingsguard was guarding this ONE TOWER and not their boy king Viserys who fled to Dragonstone. Hmmmm...

http://i.imgur.com/c76IDL5.jpg

It looks like it says Viserys at some point.. (down). I'll watch with a better screen resolution later.

SO I've only read the first 3 installments of ASOIAF, just wondering if we get more insight into the R+L=J theory in AFFC & ADWD?? A simple vague answer will do, no major spoilers please.

Feels good to have our baby back. Excited to watch the rest of Season 4 play out.

Valar morghulis

John Snow cured Cholera disease in our world....with Greyscale and Pale Mare/bloody flux bringing new outbreaks of diseases...

Jon Snow may cure disease in Westeros/Essos whatever. Its probably Greyscale since Shireen is at the wall, and Jon Connington brought it to Westoros....

Anyways, the 3rd rose was the Harpy, it was poisonous lol

OMG, it was just sooo blue! :D

However, I don't know how the 'curing fever' trait refers to Lyanna- she most likely died of a fever so that's pretty back to front symbolism.

Red flower (poison)- Lannisters (Joff's death and maybe Tommen poisoned by Cersie as red is a lannister colour)

Blue Rose (cures fever)- Jon will 'cure' the realm or he may be suffering from fever after his injuries in Dance.

or they may be referring to the 3 dragon heads- red flower and poison is (F)Aegon, blue rose is Jon (R+L=J) and White flower is Dany (silver queen).

Or (my personal belief) they represent something in Dany's character and arc- Cures things (she likes to help people e.g. slaves), poison (she is deadly and is growing corrupt) and white flower (she is beautiful and to a degree was once innocent but has since blossomed).

or maybe I'll leave this to the experts.

I'm laughing - only insane book readers (everyone on this board including myself) left last night's episode saying, yup, that episode was ALL about Lyanna Stark.

And I don't care that he called it a "dusk rose," and people think dusk is purple - that flower was blue as the jewels Dontos gave Sansa ;) That was a BLUE ROSE. I'm still having a nerd attack over it.

This!

That's a pretty far stretch to equate that to Jon or anything that far in the future...

Also, he said it can "Cure a fever" not inability to get pregnant.

I do think the inclusion of the "dusk rose" was a definite nod to book readers and possibly the other two flowers though I'm sure there's going to be hundreds of interpretations (or misinterpretations). They love to do that and it's great fun for book fans.

Edit: Also, if you remember from Lyanna's lore (and the usual symbolism of the blue rose) - she died of a fever in a "Bed of blood." so that may be the reference to curing a fever but even that's more mystery than answers!

Reminds me of the Kings Flower in LoTR...Aragorn healed Eowyn with it in Return of The King, and he could heal with it cause he was the rightful King...hahaha lets start to speculate about Danaerys the Rightful Queen

Archived