Death of House Baratheon

The Baratheon bastards have a very very small chance of being legitimized. They're goners. As much as i love them, it's their own fault really.

Actually, Edric is safely tucked away in Lys - and Lys is conveniently located on Daenerys's way to Westeros. So I wouldn't write him away just yet.

Also, not to be a troublemaker, but there is a good chance that every Targaryen since Aegon IV actually has Baratheon blood, too. So if there aren't any closer cousins, any of the current Targaryens can serve.

Isn't it possible there is a Baratheon version of Harry the Heir in the Stormlands?

Actually, Edric is safely tucked away in Lys - and Lys is conveniently located on Daenerys's way to Westeros. So I wouldn't write him away just yet.

Also, not to be a troublemaker, but there is a good chance that every Targaryen since Aegon IV actually has Baratheon blood, too. So if there aren't any closer cousins, any of the current Targaryens can serve.

Aren't those houses only connected by a male Baratheon and a female Targaryen? Then all the Baratheons have Targ blood, but not the other way around.

Isn't it possible there is a Baratheon version of Harry the Heir in the Stormlands?

Aren't those houses only connected by a male Baratheon and a female Targaryen? Then all the Baratheons have Targ blood, but not the other way around.

Not really. All the Baratheon brothers and their offspring are pretty well accounted for in the books. Harry was the grandson of Jon's sister, his great-nephew. The only non-baseborn Baratheon child in ASOIAF is Shireen, unless you want to include Tommen and Myrcella.

That all depends on whether Dany decides to legitimize the son of the usurper or not. My respect for her would increase tremendously if she does so.

Jocelyn Baratheon married into the Targaryen family.

I think Tyrion, with Dany on their way to Westeros, will find Edric and he'll convince her to legitimise him so she can use The Lord of Storm's End for her own means.

As Dain above me said, Jocelyn Baratheon married a Targaryen prince (Aemon, son of Jaeherys I).

Long story short, Aegon IV's mother may have been Jocelyn's great-granddaughter.

The Baratheon bastards have a very very small chance of being legitimized. They're goners. As much as i love them, it's their own fault really.

Not sure what this means. How is it that the bastards are at fault for being bastards? Am I missing something from the text? :unsure:

Not sure what this means. How is it that the bastards are at fault for being bastards? Am I missing something from the text? :unsure:

Not the bastards or Shireen. Robert was a really self-destructive person, and the Stannis/Renly feud hurt their house greatly. Their house is in such a bad position mostly due to their actions.

Ah, okay. I get it now...bastards are evil because they are born from craven lust or something like that...

It still doesn't make it their fault they are bastards, though. :crying:

ETA: And I agree with you Dain Storm. The Baratheon brothers were bastards towards one another.

Thanks for your response! :D

Jon conington says he wants to destroy all the baratheons .im sure he intends on being the new lord .i believe stannis will legitimize Roberts bastards.its possible dany will meet Edric storm an legitimize him an make him lord of storms end.lots of battles to be fought.

Let's do a rundown here-

Stannis: Mid-late 30's. Has one child, but could still have more.

Shireen: Has greyscale, but her future husband is probably trekking his way back to Winterfell as we speak.

Mya: Bastard, could be legitimized.

Gendry: Bastard, could be legitimized. Probably won't be Lord of Storm's End, but may be Arya's husband and Lord of the Dreadfort.

Edric: Legitimized bastard. Most likely out of the post-Stannis generation to end up with Storm's End, since he's safely hidden away for the moment.

House Baratheon may go extinct, but would only happen if Shireen didn't have children or one of the bastards didn't take the name.

Not the bastards or Shireen. Robert was a really self-destructive person, and the Stannis/Renly feud hurt their house greatly. Their house is in such a bad position mostly due to their actions.

All the Barathons are self-destructive in their own way. Mainly because they don't know when to stop, when they're on it only ends when either they or everyone else's dead.

Archived