Never thought I'd miss Ed Skrein, but...

Agree and agree and agree and agree some more. New Daario is not good. Old Daario made sense. He was cocky, arrogant, he had a swagger in his walk, in his smirk. You could see why Dany would be like a little school girl after the bad boy. The way old Daario talked was smooth, natural, like he looked at life in a way the rest of us don't. New Daario is lacking charisma, he seems goofy, his walk is without confidence. And let's not even get into how he now looks like every single other character on the show.

Old Daario looked cocky and dangerous. He had a confidence in his stance. New Daario looks like he's a pair of thick framed glasses away from the IT division at his local technologies company.

Well neither are good Daario's IMO. S3 Daario had the attitude much closer to book Daario, S4 Daario reminds me of one of those guys from The Bachelor, good looking rough around the edges type, romantic, booooooooring personality. Where is the complete over-the-top flamboyance though? The whole thing about Daario is everyone is supposed to stop and stare at him when he's around because his appearance and clothing are so out there.

The problem here is that Old Daario was 0% like Book Daario whereas New and Improved Daario has at least one aspect of his character down. Seriously, last season they introduced him because they had to. They went through the motions but now they're giving us a slightly more accurate portrayal.

Well neither are good Daario's IMO. S3 Daario had the attitude much closer to book Daario, S4 Daario reminds me of one of those guys from The Bachelor, good looking rough around the edges type, romantic, booooooooring personality. Where is the complete over-the-top flamboyance though? The whole thing about Daario is everyone is supposed to stop and stare at him when he's around because his appearance and clothing are so out there.

I liked S3 Daario for the simple fact that I hate Daario overall as a character, and I think his flamboyance and appearance from the book would look beyond stupid on a TV show. S3 Daario at least captures the attitude and arrogance, without looking like a cartoon character.

The problem here is that Old Daario was 0% like Book Daario whereas New and Improved Daario has at least one aspect of his character down. Seriously, last season they introduced him because they had to. They went through the motions but now they're giving us a slightly more accurate portrayal.

I can't agree with this. Old Daario had the attitude and bravado of book Daario. What does this Daario have like book Daario besides hair on his face?

I liked S3 Daario for the simple fact that I hate Daario overall as a character, and I think his flamboyance and appearance from the book would look beyond stupid on a TV show. S3 Daario at least captures the attitude and arrogance, without looking like a cartoon character.

I can't agree with this. Old Daario had the attitude and bravado of book Daario. What does this Daario have like book Daario besides hair on his face?

I agree with you about not liking Daario overall as a character, and so I was all for S3 acting like a smug, smirking, swagger walking douche. And yeah the colourful hair and questionable choices of attire would look very strange on the show. But there needs to be something that makes him stand out. Right now new Daario looks actually a little bit like Jorah with darker hair. So that's going to be weird when Dany is head over heels with him yet cock blocked Jorah hard (no pun intended).

I agree with you about not liking Daario overall as a character, and so I was all for S3 acting like a smug, smirking, swagger walking douche. And yeah the colourful hair and questionable choices of attire would look very strange on the show. But there needs to be something that makes him stand out. Right now new Daario looks actually a little bit like Jorah with darker hair. So that's going to be weird when Dany is head over heels with him yet cock blocked Jorah hard (no pun intended).

Ha yeah I agree 100% with you. He looks too much like everyone else. Medium hair, gruff beard. We get it. That's why I said that old Daario made sense at least. Old Daario was something different, he was oozing confidence, he looked different. Now, it's like, why is Dany so into Daario but so opposed to Jorah?

TBH, I think Jorah is more attractive than Daario. I mean, Daario is hot and young, but Iain Glen is Iain Glen. He, "old" as he is, already has a powerful fanbase (along with Jerome Flynn). that's why I didn't hate that Old Daario looks "Fabioish": he was meant to look like these so Jorah would be seen as a minor thing next to him, despite the doucheness.

Now, it's like, why is Dany so into Daario but so opposed to Jorah?

Because she's attracted to him and not Jorah? In the books she's not attracted to him. The show has beefed up his looks. This is the real Jorah, and Dany just isn't attracted to him the way she is attracted to Daario, Iain Glen or not.

I'm really surprised to see so much love for the bland portrayal we got last year. I barely even remember him. He wasn't smug. He wasn't arrogant. He was repeating lines. New guy has all the swag.

Because she's attracted to him and not Jorah? In the books she's not attracted to him. The show has beefed up his looks. This is the real Jorah, and Dany just isn't attracted to him the way she is attracted to Daario, Iain Glen or not.

I'm really surprised to see so much love for the bland portrayal we got last year. I barely even remember him. He wasn't smug. He wasn't arrogant. He was repeating lines. New guy has all the swag.

I know what bear Jorah looks like. But we don't have book Jorah. We have show Jorah who IS good looking. Old Daario made you see a difference in them.

And I just cannot agree with you saying new Daario has all the swag. New Daario is boring so far. No charisma. Old Daario was known for being douchey and smug. This new guy, despite the episode coming out yesterday, I had to point him out to everyone I saw it with after the episode because not a single person remembered him. New Daario could blend into a background character in any other scene.

I mean we'll have to disagree obviously, but new Daario sucks lol.

I know what bear Jorah looks like. But we don't have book Jorah. We have show Jorah who IS good looking. Old Daario made you see a difference in them.

even then, why does that mean Dany has to be attracted to him over Daario? Women aren't all attracted to one man. Old and New Daario could be played by Steven Buscemi with a blue wig and I'd still rather Dany be attracted to him over Jorah because that's just how the book goes... Also, I know things in this world are a little different... but don't you think that showJorah is just too old for Dany?

And yeah, agree to disagree. I see nothing notable in the old guy, but the new one has much better chemistry and delivery.

But this new guy seems like the type of guy who would be friendzoned. Picking flowers for her, playing silly sword games to win her affection, etc. Old Daario was straightforward; "You. Me. Shag. Now." *Hair flip*

Not at this point in the story. It took a while into aDwD for Dany to accept him as a paramour. He did have to charm her before that. And whats that about the type of guy who would be friendzoned? There's no such thing as the friendzone. There's just guys who are bitter about being rejected. :p

Honestly, they did a terrible miscasting for Daario in season 3. He looked nothing like book daario, blue goatee gold tooth--what?

However, Season 3 Daario personified the character and played the part perfectly. Arrogant, rude, and skilled as fuck.

More importantly, Season 3 Daario and Daenerys? Amazing chemistry. You could see the sexual tension. it was there. it lingered. jorah blushed every time they shared a look.

This Season 4 Daario? Theres like zero chemistry between him and daenerys. And that's a problem.

Archived