[Book Spoilers] Arya and The Hound Speculation

Ser Hugh BuckweII

it all fell apart when Arya left him to die, but up until that point, I thought they might become friends lol

Yeah, I agree. That's why I felt surprised when Arya decided to let Sandor suffer by denying him the gift of mercy. When I read that part of the book I felt straight away that it would not go down that way on the tv show, regardless of how their relationship develops on screen. In the book even Arya subsequently thought she might have been a bit harsh and I'm not sure how the tv audience would feel about her character if she acted unnecessarily cruel.

That's just how they pass the time between Seasons. Apparently Rory McCann plays a mean violin as well. :P

<offtopic>And the piano. I'm a musician outside of my day job, and a pair of musician friends of mine were playing some spots across the UK and happened into a pub in Glasgow where Rory was playing. They were like, "is... is that... is that...?? It IS. OMFG that's the HOUND ripping up that piano!"</offtopic>

Anyhoo, I also feel that the relationship between Arya and the Hound in the show is very different from that in the books. And it worries me that we'll see that deviation carry forward.

Anybody notice that a " White " Horse similar to Craven was following the " Black " Horse called Stranger in the closing credits? uhh this is symbolic/representative of the Temple of Black and White in Braavos and the single burning candle that represents the Seven who are One? Sandor is a Faceless Man! Sandor is Syrio! Sandor is a skinchanger! Sandor is Balerion the Black Dread (hint he loves chicken, see Tywin/Robert failed assassination attempt by choking)! Sandor is the old blind hound! Sandor is Dog! Sandor is the pack of dogs outside the Hollow Hill of High Heart! Sandor is the Direwolf mother! Sandor is the boar that killed Robert! Sandor is his own horse Stranger!

In the books Sandor couldn't go to the Eyre because of the snow and the wildlings, and had to spend some time at a village that was fortifying itself against raiders. Maybe they will spend some time there in the show and that's when Sandor will train Arya (the trailers show a training scene).

In the books Sandor couldn't go to the Eyre because of the snow and the wildlings, and had to spend some time at a village that was fortifying itself against raiders. Maybe they will spend some time there in the show and that's when Sandor will train Arya (the trailers show a training scene).

Ser Lepus, I thought a fellow scholar of the dead language might appreciate this. Kinda has to do with training,facelessmen,names,skinchanging,connections to ADWD prologue.

" One day she came across a rabbit, purely by happenstance. It was brown and fat, with long ears and a twitchy nose. Rabbits ran faster than cats, but they couldn't climb trees half so well... There's a hunter now. Lumpyface Lumpyhead Rabbitkiller." COK Arya

So this is a connection between FM training/ chasing cats / and our furry little friends, the Lepus. I think being a Faceless Man requires a skinchanger/warg ability at its core. Notice that she is given the name Lumpyface by Lommy then Lumpyhead by Hotpie. It is Rogre or is it Biter? anyway he call's/gives her this specific name. He also includes the title " the hunter ".

Whom is the only " hunter " mentioned in regards to skinchanging/warging? Haggon the Hunter mentor to Varamyr ( anagram for Arya ) also know as Lump.

Did I just blow your mind linguistically and with my literary connections? I hope the show follows your path and keeps Sandor and Arya together long enough for some pre-lessons before shipping her off to Braavos after a failed attempt at getting to Lady Lysa. Maybe Littlefinger being at Eeyrie with Sansa could help get her to Braavos since that is where he is from on the same ship that brought the dwarf troop?

In ASOS, the hound is gravely wounded in the tavern fight, which leads to Arya leaving him and going to Bravos. What do you think will happen now that we can see his injuries aren't as bad as they are in the book?

I think they'll run into Rorge and Biter instead of Brienne. I don't see Brienne's trek through Westeros being dragged out as much.

I could also see him simply joining up with Septon Meribald in the monastery on his own.

Or they could reveal in an upcoming episode that he actually did get more seriously wounded that we were led to believe in this episode.

I'm not a doctor, but I think wounds become infected within a day or two, his did in the book pretty quickly. And we know they've got a bunch of scenes to come. There's a big fight ahead, and he's all bloody, there's more than enough going on there to account for what happens.

AccessHollywood.com: What can you hint at about what’s next with Arya and The Hound? Are they going to constantly be getting into scrapes, following the Polliver/chickens incident?
Maisie Williams: The hint would be there are more people that are gonna get crossed off the list. … That’s kind of the biggest hint I can give and more of that — this new Arya.

Read more at http://www.accesshollywood.com/game-of-thrones-maisie-williams-bond-with-rory-mccann_article_93109#XLWfOKsZQsYxf0MS.99

What could this possibly mean?

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah I think another fight will happen mid season with some other King's men, possibly with Rorge and Biter to refresh the viewers on who they are before the Brienne incident. The Hound gets wounded (possibly bitten) in THAT tussle, and Arya's journey progresses solo from there. I think that would be a good call if they are doing that as although The Hound/Arya relationship is great, there's not much going on between the tavern fight and Arya going to Braavos.

Holy $#!+ this was prophetic!

Holy $#!+ this was prophetic!

I must have been looking into the flames that day. And just like Mel, didn't read them with 100% accuracy. Didn't predict Rorge would be dumb enough to walk straight into a pointy sword or Biter would be manhandled so easily. So I guess Brienne bites someone else's ear off. A pretty decent guess though I admit :cool4:

Archived