[Book Spoilers] Arya and The Hound Speculation

Ser Hugh BuckweII

Personally I think Arya needs to do that journey alone, but it could potentially ruin a future plot line also!

Most people believe The Hound isn't dead, and in fact has been taken in by the Religious faith of the Seven, and he's repented on his former life. This potentially makes him a champion of the faith, and potentially the one who will fight in the name of the faith against Cersei's champion in the next book. I know that's all speculation, but I really like it

Personally I think Arya needs to do that journey alone, but it could potentially ruin a future plot line also!

Most people believe The Hound isn't dead, and in fact has been taken in by the Religious faith of the Seven, and he's repented on his former life. This potentially makes him a champion of the faith, and potentially the one who will fight in the name of the faith against Cersei's champion in the next book. I know that's all speculation, but I really like it

Mind just blew. I knew the first part of that but never connected it to that being what it leads to.

I very much doubt the hound will travel to Bravoos with Arya.

However it would not surprise me if given his fan favourite status they have something more in mind for him than one brief scene with Brienne as a grave digger.

Wouldn't be opposed to some more scenes with him, I think he's great.

I am not sure they have time t take Arya to Braavos at all. Is it possible she has turned evil so early so they can skip the Faceless Men all together?

No...that's just too important, why on Earth would they ever just not include that huge portion of Arya's story??

I am not sure they have time t take Arya to Braavos at all. Is it possible she has turned evil so early so they can skip the Faceless Men all together?

Seeing as Arya is currently spending at least parts of three separate books on Braavos, I think it's clear that it's far too important a part of her arc to skip. Not even D+D would do that I would hope.

why Include Jaqen H'gar and include the penny, have plenty of faceless men references, if you are not going to include the faceless men?

If this is going to go seven seasons they are going to need to cut some storylines. Arya turning evil first and then learning from a Faceless Man while still in Westeros might save a lot of screen time. They are already well away from timelines with Brienne and Jaime, Arya and the Hound, etc. We may seem some pretty major plot changes.

Seeing as Arya is currently spending at least parts of three separate books on Braavos, I think it's clear that it's far too important a part of her arc to skip. Not even D+D would do that I would hope.

Not to mention the obvious step of having Braavos as a set. It is unreasonable to conclude that they would go to that effort just for the Stannis meeting with the Iron Bank.

If this is going to go seven seasons they are going to need to cut some storylines. Arya turning evil first and then learning from a Faceless Man while still in Westeros might save a lot of screen time. They are already well away from timelines with Brienne and Jaime, Arya and the Hound, etc. We may seem some pretty major plot changes.

I could have sword we saw Braavos in the season previews, but either way, I doubt they'd change that. Personally, I just think that they just need more filler for her plot this season, so they're going to wait a little before wounding the Hound. Arya's AFFC and ADWD chapters have enough for one season, but not really more than that. Also, if the Hound is wounded up closer to the Eyrie, there's the added factor that once again, Arya is almost reunited with family (this time Sansa), but misses her chance (I'm assuming without really knowing it).

I think they will get to the Mountains of the Moon village as in the books. Deviation will be that mountain clansman attack the village, Sandor is badly injured.

Arya leaving him.will be difficult I think. They seem closer than they are the book, which would surely mean she would grant him the gift of mercy.

If we see Bravos then I am wrong. That just makes her reaction in episode one more confusing as there is no need to make her a cold killer immediately.

She becomes a cold killer later than she does in the books. She kills the guard at Harrenhal at the end of ACOK. And Braavos is already confirmed anyway.

I think they will get to the Mountains of the Moon village as in the books. Deviation will be that mountain clansman attack the village, Sandor is badly injured.

Arya leaving him.will be difficult I think. They seem closer than they are the book, which would surely mean she would grant him the gift of mercy.

First time post from a long-time lurker, de-cloaking to say that this is precisely what I'm really worried about. As a firm believer in the Gravedigger theory, if Arya does divert from the story in the show, and does give him the Gift instead of riding off... it seems to me that would carry some heavy implications for any future (theorized) involvement Sandor might have in the books.

It's my hope she finds she can't do it... but because she's come to care for him.

If she gives him an on-screen death, I will cry ALL of the crocodile tears. I'll probably keep reading and watching, but I'll hate myself for it, LOL ;o)

Archived