[Book Spoilers] Arya and The Hound Speculation

Ser Hugh BuckweII

If we see Bravos then I am wrong. That just makes her reaction in episode one more confusing as there is no need to make her a cold killer immediately.

She was a cold killer in the books even earlier.

the whole point about travelling to Bravoos is not to make her so, but to give her effective training.

Agree with majority here, as much as I love the Hound I believe Arya has to travel to Braavos alone. Although as far as her storyline in the books goes, I really hope she doesn't complete the training and becomes the faceless woman, cause she would kind of completely lost her identity then. As far as show goes, obviously the little changes they make every season will start to accumulate and become bigger changes as show goes on. I think this is inevitable if they want to keep sort of a straight line in the show. I just hope that changes won't be something stupid like previously mentioned the Hound going to Braavos too.

I'm guessing that The Hound's plan to bring Arya to the Vale will be more fully realised in the show. Rather than just turning away at the first sign of snows, they'll manage to sneak into the Vale but be waylaid by Knights who Lysa's tasked with protecting the Vale's borders from the war.

I agree. We are about to watch a fantastic road trip that is not in the books. The trip will in many ways fulfill the same purpose of the trip Book Arya had with the Brotherhood, showing the devastation the war has caused the common folk, but in the end, Arya will leave him to die and head to Braavos.

Not to mention the obvious step of having Braavos as a set. It is unreasonable to conclude that they would go to that effort just for the Stannis meeting with the Iron Bank.

Braavos is not "a set". The fact that they built an Iron Bank meeting room (and possibly some adjoining ones) doesn't in any way mean that also have a House of Black and White and the various places Arya goes as well, seeing as there's no crossover between them.

Braavos is not "a set". The fact that they built an Iron Bank meeting room (and possibly some adjoining ones) doesn't in any way mean that also have a House of Black and White and the various places Arya goes as well, seeing as there's no crossover between them.

We have seen the Titan on the trailers however, which points to a more fleshed out Braavos

I agree. We are about to watch a fantastic road trip that is not in the books. The trip will in many ways fulfill the same purpose of the trip Book Arya had with the Brotherhood, showing the devastation the war has caused the common folk, but in the end, Arya will leave him to die and head to Braavos.

couldn't agree more, the theme of "the cost of war" will likely continue through Brienne & Pod next season.

Perhaps they will try to go to the Vale, but quickly find that the mountain clans, much better armed, have began encroaching into the Vale while laying waste to surrounding towns and mills.

I could see the final scene between Arya and Sandor being one where they are grossly outnumbered, and Sandor tells her to run before making his "final stand" against a large group of clansmen, and she bolts away on horseback.

Perhaps they will try to go to the Vale, but quickly find that the mountain clans, much better armed, have began encroaching into the Vale while laying waste to surrounding towns and mills.

I could see the final scene between Arya and Sandor being one where they are grossly outnumbered, and Sandor tells her to run before making his "final stand" against a large group of clansmen, and she bolts away on horseback.

Well.. what if he gets TO the Vale, but gets stopped by the Vale nobility?

Noone else thinking its the Mountain Clans will get him and injure him?

This is the most likely scenario to me at the moment. We know they are headed that way, we know the Mountain Clans prey on small groups travelling in the area and know they are more heavily armed these days. Build up the Unsullied hopes that sisters meet again and then crush it...ahh, wonderful. :devil:

This is the most likely scenario to me at the moment. We know they are headed that way, we know the Mountain Clans prey on small groups travelling in the area and know they are more heavily armed these days. Build up the Unsullied hopes that sisters meet again and then crush it...ahh, wonderful. :devil:

would you guys predict this all happening this particular sunday? or will this be further down the line in your opinion?

While this could happen it would be too much like how Syrio saved her for my liking, but you may be right. Of course it could be another scenario with the Mountain Clans where they fight them off and both escape, but the Hound is wounded and it ends like in the book.

While this could happen it would be too much like how Syrio saved her for my liking, but you may be right. Of course it could be another scenario with the Mountain Clans where they fight them off and both escape, but the Hound is wounded and it ends like in the book.

That was kind of my thinking, that it would be a callback to Syrio.

Or maybe, to show how much Arya has changed as a character, instead of running, she unflinchingly joins in and helps fight off the attackers, with Sandor getting wounded at this point, and the rest of their arc playing out much the same way it did in the book.

Although it would come off weird if they played it the same way, because Arya and Sandor have a much more grudging respect companionship than they did in the books.

First time post from a long-time lurker, de-cloaking to say that this is precisely what I'm really worried about. As a firm believer in the Gravedigger theory, if Arya does divert from the story in the show, and does give him the Gift instead of riding off... it seems to me that would carry some heavy implications for any future (theorized) involvement Sandor might have in the books.

It's my hope she finds she can't do it... but because she's come to care for him.

If she gives him an on-screen death, I will cry ALL of the crocodile tears. I'll probably keep reading and watching, but I'll hate myself for it, LOL ;o)

Arya doesn't consider killing as "a gift" yet, that is part of the HOB&W theology

Their last scene looks like they were heading to razed and burnt villages which means the sacking of Saltpans. I think they might toss upon some Bloody Mummers and the Hound gets his wounds against them.

This sounds more likely to me

would you guys predict this all happening this particular sunday? or will this be further down the line in your opinion?

I don't think Arya will be in Ep2 at all.

The vast majority of it will be in King's Landing and the rest will be the story lines they didn't show in Ep 1: Team Dragonstone, Reek and Bran.

Arya doesn't consider killing as "a gift" yet, that is part of the HOB&W theology

But wasn't Sandor the first one to introduce her to the concept? With the wounded soldier they found after they left the Red Wedding - the one they subsequently robbed before giving him the "gift of mercy?" Maybe I need to go back and read that, it's been a little while.

But wasn't Sandor the first one to introduce her to the concept? With the wounded soldier they found after they left the Red Wedding - the one they subsequently robbed before giving him the "gift of mercy?" Maybe I need to go back and read that, it's been a little while.

I thought so too, and then she gave the gift to the squire that she gutted in the fight at the Inn at the Crossroads.

I thought so too, and then she gave the gift to the squire that she gutted in the fight at the Inn at the Crossroads.

Yeah, he taught her that. Pretty sure the gift of mercy is going to be in the show, it was in one of the promos. "That's where the heart is, girl. That's how you kill a man." Helluva lot of subtext right there. And later he asks, "You remember where the heart is?" Those lines are too good to lose.

Too much for my liking, too. He's not Syrio 2, he's the Hound.

Archived