Jaime and his new Valaryian sword [Book Spoilers]

Lord Damian

I really loved the backstory footage of Ice and the contemptuous look on Tywin's face as he "dealt" with the wolfskin and explanation of its orgin to Jaime. I think he will be repulsed by it at the wedding as I think Sansa will be more openly outraged wen she sees it than she was in the books. I hope she makes a scene.

I don't think Sansa will make a scene. It would put her in great danger, and she's smart enough to know that. From the previews, I've seen Sansa get a sickened/confused/sad/angry look on her face, but she remains still. I'm guessing the origins of the steel for the sword will come out through Joffrey's shameless boasting.

Who will be repulsed by it other than Sansa?

Jaime does not seem to be able to put 2 and 2 together that the sword was "ICE". Jaime is already changing from complete Jerk to semi Jerk and I think it will sicken him about the sword, leading him to do something later with it.

Jaime does not seem to be able to put 2 and 2 together that the sword was "ICE". Jaime is already changing from complete Jerk to semi Jerk and I think it will sicken him about the sword, leading him to do something later with it.

I think he was very surprised when Tywin said there was enough for two swords. I dont think hes going to be to shocked when it sinks in. I mean, as far as they are aware, there are no more Stark sons, the Boltons are Wardens of the North and the Direwolves are down and out so theres no need for Ice to go to waste.

It probably wont be until Lady Stoneheart sees him that the full rammifications will sink in

I think he was very surprised when Tywin said there was enough for two swords. I dont think hes going to be to shocked when it sinks in. I mean, as far as they are aware, there are no more Stark sons, the Boltons are Wardens of the North and the Direwolves are down and out so theres no need for Ice to go to waste.

It probably wont be until Lady Stoneheart sees him that the full rammifications will sink in

He could have saved it for Sansa's child or returned it to her but he didn't he wanted it for his own house. Nothing to do with waste.

Considering that the Valerian steal swords have remained with the same house for thousands of years, and blades symbolizing a position or house have had stories told of their return to those heirs, I find the destruction of Ice distasteful

Case in point is when Arthur Dayne was killed at the Tower of Joy, Eddard Stark returned the great sword called Dawn, that was a family heirloom as well as being a symbol of his office as Sword of the Mourning. .

Do we know for sure that LS will be appearing in the television adaptation of the books? The fact that she didn't appear before the end of Season 3 has some to speculate about whether she has been excised. I would be sad, because she is one of the characters from the books that I am rooting for!

Do we know for sure that LS will be appearing in the television adaptation of the books? The fact that she didn't appear before the end of Season 3 has some to speculate about whether she has been excised. I would be sad, because she is one of the characters from the books that I am rooting for!

Well, even in the books she didn't appear right after the Red Wedding. She first appeared in an epilogue to book 3. I think the showrunners wanted to leave some time between her death and the appearance of LS so it will be more shocking and profound when we see her again. If she had appeared right away, it wouldn't have been as powerful.

He knew where it came from. No one else in KL had Valyrian except for Ned.

Archived