[Spoilers ] Why hasnt Sam mentioned Bran to Jon yet?

TheBadboy

I dont understand why Sam didnt mention that he met Bran to his best friend Jon?

Because Jon clearly got the bad news of Robb dying , and Sam worries for Bran's safety , why not tell Jon and then they could both think of getting him back .

Definite plot hole many of us saw coming miles away last season and wondered how they were going to handle it. Obviously Jon's well enough to be told of his Brother Robb's murder but not that his brother Bran is alive?

Maybe he's worried that Jon will try to go out and search for them, and he doesn't want to get him in more trouble with the Night's Watch?

Whatever D&D's reasoning, they can probably explain it through a dialogue scene between Sam and Gilly.

in the books he promises bran he wont say a word to jon that he's going beyond the wall, i was assuming that was the case witt he show. its the part in the book where sam and jon have an identical scene told through their respective point of views, and sam was about to tell him, and then realizes he made a promise not to.

Yeah, I didn't see this as a plot hole. Bran begging Sam to show him how to get through the wall kind of made "don't tell Jon" go without saying, to me. With the wildling invasion, Sam can't risk Jon running off on another mission.

Plus, if Jon finds out that Sam found Bran safe and alive and then let him go beyond the freaking wall, Jon would pitch a proper fit.

Yeah, I didn't see this as a plot hole. Bran begging Sam to show him how to get through the wall kind of made "don't tell Jon" go without saying, to me. With the wildling invasion, Sam can't risk Jon running off on another mission.

Plus, if Jon finds out that Sam found Bran safe and alive and then let him go beyond the freaking wall, Jon would pitch a proper fit.

I agree. Every time someone behaves in a way we ourselves wouldn't behave, we call it a 'plot hole'. Its not really a plot hole, its just something we ourselves disagree with. Sam might have many reasons for not telling Jon, including a promise to Bran, the fear that Jon will break his vows again [when he's already in danger of a beheading] and go off searching for Bran, the fear that Jon will hate Sam for letting Bran go North....these and more reasons would likely be rattling around Samwell's head. It might not be the way I would personally have handled it, but that doesn't make it a plot hole.

Also, he might be afraid of how Jon will react. "You mean to tell me you just let my brother go wandering into Wildling, mutineer, and White Walker territory with no protection except for a halfwit and a couple of kids?"

"But I had no choice! He ... asked me multiple times."

Coldhands made Samwell promise not to tell anyone about Bran...he basically put the fear of the old gods in him. But there was no Coldhands and no promise. If the writers have a scene where Sam explains why he hasn't told Jon(like he doesn't want Jon running of again breaking his vows etc.) then it will all make sense. But until that happens on screen it is a huge plot hole for non readers. People who have read the book can make sense of it but non readers will see it as bogus.

Sam's a smart guy. He knows that if Jon just learns that Robb died but Bran is alive, he will try go and tell someone (who? Well, who knows).

I think that we're so easily assuming that he simply forgot to tell him or he won't. We might probably have a scene of Jon speaking about Bran and Sam's deciding he won't say anything and later knowing his reasons or maybe Maester Aemon says something that makes Sam decides it's better that way. It's just that Jon already has too much problems to deal with that. After all, Bran is well, as far as Sam can see and he's better not being found out.

in the books he promises bran he wont say a word to jon that he's going beyond the wall, i was assuming that was the case witt he show. its the part in the book where sam and jon have an identical scene told through their respective point of views, and sam was about to tell him, and then realizes he made a promise not to.

He promises coldhands not Bran !!!

And in the show , there is no promise between Bran and Sam

And remember the scene between Bran and Sam last season , he didnt want Bran to go north of wall . He begged him not to , he knew the danger Bran would get himself in , but he could not stop him. But now that his bastard brother is back , he could tell him and they could figure out a way ..

Sam doesnt know about Bran's abilities ,so there is no way of him believing that he is on some higher mission. So Basically from Sam's PoV if anything happens to a kid going off north of the wall , he wont feel guilty that he could have saved him by telling his brother ?

I dont understand why Sam didnt mention that he met Bran to his best friend Jon?

Because Jon clearly got the bad news of Robb dying , and Sam worries for Bran's safety , why not tell Jon and then they could both think of getting him back .

How do you know that Jon doesn't know about Bran? Where is the evidence in this episode about it at all?

We still have the "it's as if I've been asleep for a year and the world's fallen apart" from the trailer don't we? Or did that happen this episode?

He promises coldhands not Bran !!!

And in the show , there is no promise between Bran and Sam

And remember the scene between Bran and Sam last season , he didnt want Bran to go north of wall . He begged him not to , he knew the danger Bran would get himself in , but he could not stop him. But now that his bastard brother is back , he could tell him and they could figure out a way ..

Sam doesnt know about Bran's abilities ,so there is no way of him believing that he is on some higher mission. So Basically from Sam's PoV if anything happens to a kid going off north of the wall , he wont feel guilty that he could have saved him by telling his brother ?

Sam is forced to promise Bran/Jojen AND Coldhands not to tell anyone that he's seen Bran.

Coldhands says: "The world believes him dead, best he stay that way"

Bran and Rickon's fates are left up in the air instead of the world believing them dead. Remember? Theon killed all the ravens. His "trick" with the orphans never even left Winterfell except through Yara and her men and now Ramsay.

No one except Sam/Gilly know that Bran is alive pretty much.... well there is one other person that should have some idea...

Jon saw Summer and Shaggydog last season. Sure they were a bit bigger than he last saw them, but two direwolves south of the wall that look like his brothers wolves? Coincidence? No.

Archived