Football LXX - Chihuahuas Rising

Zoë Sumra

Hahaha "you tweet us a picture of erik lamela holding today's newspaper first, so we know he's alive."

That was my fav, too. I didn't read many comments, but I suppose someone mentioned that West Brom ought to try this with Anelka?

Hahaha "you tweet us a picture of erik lamela holding today's newspaper first, so we know he's alive."

It made me laugh. But then it made me think; Where is Lamela these days?? Does Tim not trust him because he's got a haircut which looks like it requires proper maintenance?

So the semi final draw has been made.

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Athletico Madrid vs Chelsea

Should be good. Looks like Courtois will feature in the tie with Chelsea. Mourinho, Guardiola and Anchelotti all have the opportunity to become only the second manager, after Bob Paisley, to win the European Cup three times.

Draw was exactly what I wanted. Honestly have no idea who will win out of Bayern and Real Madrid, people are saying Ronaldo will be out for the first leg which could make the difference. I see Athleti beating Chelsea without too much trouble.

Madrid will definately be sweating on the fitness of Ronaldo. Not taking anything away from Dortmund, they were brilliant in the 2nd leg, but Real seem to lack spark when Ronaldo isn't there even though they have so many other quality players. I just hope that the Athletic\Chelsea game doesn't turn into a war of attrition.

"Ticket touts" seem to be what we call scalpers here, right? Generally we hope they die here.

Agreed. NYC Arsenal Supporter club worked with Arsenal and Red Bulls to get an allotment of seats for the upcoming friendly and some scalpers infiltrated the group, used the code during pre-sale at half price ($46) and then turned around and put them on stubhub at like $250 each while a lot of true supporters were unable to get tickets. Hate them.

Draw was exactly what I wanted. Honestly have no idea who will win out of Bayern and Real Madrid, people are saying Ronaldo will be out for the first leg which could make the difference. I see Athleti beating Chelsea without too much trouble.

I quite like the draw. It should make for some entertaining matches.

I must ask, what's the deal with "Athleti" instead of "Atletico"?

A ticket tout nearly ruined Harchester United #Don'tforgetDreamTeam

If we ever meet, I'm buying you a beer :laugh: :cheers:

I must ask, what's the deal with "Athleti" instead of "Atletico"?

Bilbao carry the English 'Athletic' form because they were part-founded by Englishmen. I've heard that there's some connection to Charlton, but I dunno how true that is.

When applied to Altetico Madrid it's just a mistake, however.

Archived