Football LXX - Chihuahuas Rising

Zoë Sumra

Looks like the long rumored pan American copa America is actually going to happen in 2016. The MLS report says that RFK was one of the leaked stadium venues back in January. Here is the bein write up: http://www.beinsports.tv/soccer/article/1wdpcaova76ty1kxaaei63w820/title/copa-america-centenario-coming-to-usa

I don't know about everyone else, but I think this is pretty exciting. I have never thought it made sense to merge the federations, but as a one off this could be a ton of fun.

That was nervewracking.

I only got to watch the last 20 minutes, and we looked fine - until we scored. Then we retreated into our own penalty area, it seemed, yet we were so passive Sunderland were able to find their own players with every long ball. Always one in space, even if we had 10 men down there.. I really didn't see the need for that. We also struggled mightily with Conor Wickham.

Luckily, Sunderland's players would struggle to hit the seatrows, let alone the goal. So we won, thanks to Wes Brown. And we're fourth, at least for a time. Good times, hopefully :)

More goals in the West Brom - Tottenham match than in the other five Prem fixtures combined. Wonder if that's ever happened before?

In other news, Rangers dumped out of the Scottish Cup semi-final by Dundee United one week after losing the Ramsden's Cup final to Raith Rovers. So, not a great week for Super Ally. The Rangers fans do appear to be slowly realising that, club legend or not, he's a pretty mediocre manager.

More goals in the West Brom - Tottenham match than in the other five Prem fixtures combined. Wonder if that's ever happened before?

In other news, Rangers dumped out of the Scottish Cup semi-final by Dundee United one week after losing the Ramsden's Cup final to Raith Rovers. So, not a great week for Super Ally. The Rangers fans do appear to be slowly realising that, club legend or not, he's a pretty mediocre manager.

Well, how good do you need to be to win the Scottish Third Division?

That many empty seats at an FA cup semi final is a disgrace. Have Wigan fans got Wembley fatigue?

Well they're from a Rugby town which has been hit particularly hard by the recession so I can't really blame them. Bear in mind that their usual attendance is only around 15k at most. Also, they've had a more exoensive season than most with a European campaign and two trips to wembley last year as well.

Fair fucks to the ones that came down IMO.

ETA: and an evening kick off which makes it very hard to get trains home as they finish quite early.

Also don't see why Monreal started before Gibbs. But the fact is we haven't done enough with our possession or taken the odd chance that has been created.

Not sure if it's just me, but we seem to give away lots of penalties in crucial matches.

Archived