What are the religions of the Stark kids ?

Gneisenau

All of them adhere to the Old Gods.

Sansa was heavily influenced by the Seven as a child; it's the religion of the wonderful chivalrous south after all. But as time passes, and she grows disillusioned, she returns to her spiritual roots.

Arya is straying a bit, what with the MFG and all that. But she too will remember the one true faith in the end.

In particular did Robb convert when he married Jeyne or did he have an Old Gods marriage ?

No, that was a show only abomination.

As for the rest:

• Arya has always preferred her father's gods. Now she's in a death cult though, so who knows?

Sansa leaned toward the Seven until her father's death and her disillusionment with King's Landing in general. Now she prefers the Old Gods.

Robb has apparently always kept his father's gods.

Ironically, Bran was probably the second most likely Stark child to worship the Seven at the start of the series. Now he is hardly an unbiased party on this matter.

Rickon is too young to know.

Like most people in Westeros the Starks seem perfectly comfortable blurring the worship of the Old Gods with the New.

Even in the south people would say/think 'by the Old Gods and the New' or things along that line.

It's only with the Ironmen invading in the name of the Drowned God, the Faith growing more Militant, and arrival of the Fire God that religious identity in Westeros has begun to harden.

Sansa primarily worships her mother's gods, the Seven. You see it in her thoughts - I'd put her at about 90% The Seven.

As someone said, Bran was probably most likely going to follow his mother to some degree, but now it's all about the Old Gods.

Robb had some respect for the faith of the Seven, clearly, but I think the Old Gods were more his style.

Rickon is ???? as long as we actually see him, but I think having Osha as an adoptive parent will put him squarely in the Old Gods camp.

Jon is firmly with the Old Gods, though clearly a certain red priestess views him as a potential R'Hillor convert.

Arya is definitely in the camp of the Old Gods, a decidedly "pagan" she-wolf. Yet, her faith in anything has been sorely pressed, and who knows whether she's really a follower of the Many Faced God, or just going through some sort of agnostic period in her life.

I'm sure all of them worshiped the Old Gods by AGoT.

Robb - Most likely kept to his father's gods. You can marry in a sept without converting, like Ned did.

Sansa - Seemed drawn to the Seven, but by ASoS she's all for the Old Gods again.

Bran - Old Gods. No reason for him to worship the Seven.

Arya - Formerly Old Gods, now Death.

Rickon - Probably doesn't know/care yet, later on the Old Gods.

Jon - Old Gods.

She favored in AGOT the Seven Gods in ACOK and ASOS she prayed to both of them, but by AFFC she is leaning more to the Old Gods.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't remember this. Could you provide a quote or two? I don't really see how she could pray to the Old Gods in a place that doesn't even have a Godswood.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't remember this. Could you provide a quote or two? I don't really see how she could pray to the Old Gods in a place that doesn't even have a Godswood.

Well there is a sept in the Eyrie, but she never visits it so I assume that she favors the old gods.

Well there is a sept in the Eyrie, but she never visits it so I assume that she favors the old gods.

Ah ok. Though it's still possible she's just become somewhat agnostic after all that has happened to her. I'd have to check her chapters and see if she thinks about gods or prayer. I know she "prays"

that little Robert Arryn will behave and that the Vale Lords won't recognize her and stuff like that, but that doesn't really count as religious prayer.

Yeah, that's what I though.

I also thought that her abandonment of her identity as Sansa Stark made her incline more towards the gods of her House.

Archived